Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation (14456 Views)

States To Receive 13% Derivation From Mining Revenue — FG / RMAFC To Commence Disbursement Of 13% Derivation Fund To Lagos (Pic) / Militants Threaten To Attack Niger-Delta Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by babooshka: 10:17am On Nov 07, 2016
They should stop this allocation, and advocate for resource control.
Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by babooshka: 10:20am On Nov 07, 2016
Dongreat:
Why pay the derivations in cash when it can be paid in basic amenities. Instead of giving the money to some pot-belly governors, use it to build good roads, provide clean water, build schools, hospitals and other amenities required to boost the oil community standard of living.
I am force to believe that the people at the helm of power are not only retarded but also confused about basic solutions to problems. "I drill oil from your house, I buy you a new house and furnish it but still I keep the change from the sale of the oil". Symbiotic benefits. Do the above and see if there would be any militant thus saving the country the stipend being paid to em.
what's dis 1 saying?!? Mtchewww
Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 07, 2016
can someone please explain why alaigo states don't get 13% derivation, or no be dem get the oil again?
m not understanding
Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by enigma2007(m): 10:35am On Nov 07, 2016
Newmanluckyman:
... Niger Delta will be a raging inferno if 13% derivation is stopped. PMB CANNOT EVEN DARE TO DO THAT. Hypocrisy is when you don't question Kano state govt of how the use their monthly huge allocation (highest recipient) but you're asking for ND derivation to be stopped on the guise of mismanagement.

Read man! No one is stopping the derivation rather they want it paid directly to the host communities since they are the one suffering the brunt of oil exploration activities!
Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by mfm04622: 10:52am On Nov 07, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Urged to stop paying Niger Delta governors 13% derivation ??

Meanwhile, Niger Delta have been feeding the whole of Nigeria since 1467

What kind of fuckery is that ??

Your government have been swallowing their oil since the earth was created and at the end they will be left to suffer

These guys are very calm, you have been pushing their buttons

Go back and read the story!!!!
Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 07, 2016
Halleluyah...una eye don clear at last
Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by Ahmadgani(m): 12:04pm On Nov 07, 2016
Dongreat:
Why pay the derivations in cash when it can be paid in basic amenities. Instead of giving the money to some pot-belly governors, use it to build good roads, provide clean water, build schools, hospitals and other amenities required to boost the oil community standard of living.
I am force to believe that the people at the helm of power are not only retarded but also confused about basic solutions to problems. "I drill oil from your house, I buy you a new house and furnish it but still I keep the change from the sale of the oil". Symbiotic benefits. Do the above and see if there would be any militant thus saving the country the stipend being paid to em.

I quite agree with you. I still maintain that the problem with Niger Delta is within.

I don't know the function of the NDDC created to survey, formulate, plan, implement and even execute policies that will lead to the physical rehabilitation and restructuring of the Niger delta.

Another problem is the state governors that have continued to divert and misuse funds meant for the local communities. all I see is corruption everywhere

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by cyrilamx(m): 12:11pm On Nov 07, 2016
+
AfonjaStinks:

It won't kill you if you Tried to read ??

R.I.P English
Plz forget trying to point out error in his use of tense...rather bury your head in shame for your inability to comprehend simple right up, you still want to get back at him. Your type are the reason y our educational institutions will always be frowned at as glorified high schools because of the inherent sex for mark corruption bedevilling these repository of knowledge.
For me I rather empathise with you than resort to condemnation because one thing I have come to realise as common trait among prejudicial humans, is they rush to comment cos of blind bigotry without even reading to grasp the true picture of posts.
Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by busyfishing(m): 2:07pm On Nov 07, 2016
massinola:
The people advising this government doesn't wish this government well. All they want is the downfall of this government, but the other room man will never learn
your English is disgusting

1 Like

Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 07, 2016
True federalism is still d best way forward
Economy should be driven at d local govt level from the resources within q.e.d
But no,those in power want to remain in power n live like kings 4ever with the masses at thier mercy tearing themselves apart
Re: FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation by armadeo(m): 4:18pm On Nov 07, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

Urged to stop paying Niger Delta governors 13% derivation ??

Meanwhile, Niger Delta have been feeding the whole of Nigeria since 1467

What kind of fuckery is that ??

Your government have been swallowing their oil since the earth was created and at the end they will be left to suffer

These guys are very calm, you have been pushing their buttons

Here is a classic example of judging a book by its cover.

This person did not read one word of the statement only the title then he commented.

Already raging .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari, Atiku, Sowore & Moghalu To Participate In Townhall Meeting. / FINCEN Files: U.S. Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan Over Malabu OPL 245 Fund Transfers / Why Buhari did not Implement Orosanye Report - Ex-Minister, Adebayo Shittu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.