Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,869 members, 7,817,566 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Pandemonium In Ikorodu As Lagos State Govt. Bans Red BRT Buses. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pandemonium In Ikorodu As Lagos State Govt. Bans Red BRT Buses. (1295 Views)

Pandemonium In Port Harcourt Over Vaccination In Rumuapara (Photos) / How Army Free Vaccination Caused Pandemonium In Igboland / Press Statement On The Pandemonium In Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pandemonium In Ikorodu As Lagos State Govt. Bans Red BRT Buses. by Rhymez(m): 7:50am On Nov 07, 2016
Recently, it was reported that the Lagos state government has banned the Red buses in Lagos. This did not go down well as workers of the red buses and some hoodlums took to the stresst to protest and even stopped the blue buses from operating. The ban of the red buses has made people plying Mile 12-Ketu- Ojota-Maryland-Oshodi route to remain stranded in the bus stop since 6am.

The government should act fast because the blue BRT buses alone is not enough to satisfy people in Ikorodu axis alone.

http://www.eagleeyesgist.com.ng/2016/11/pandemonium-in-ikorodu-as-lagos-state.html?m=1

Re: Pandemonium In Ikorodu As Lagos State Govt. Bans Red BRT Buses. by Unsad(m): 7:52am On Nov 07, 2016
Ambode failed on this. Totally a no brainer decision.

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium In Ikorodu As Lagos State Govt. Bans Red BRT Buses. by yeyeboi(m): 7:53am On Nov 07, 2016
Ok
Re: Pandemonium In Ikorodu As Lagos State Govt. Bans Red BRT Buses. by xynerise: 8:16am On Nov 07, 2016
I know this won't go down well
Re: Pandemonium In Ikorodu As Lagos State Govt. Bans Red BRT Buses. by PureHeart01: 8:22am On Nov 07, 2016
I thought they were banned from using BRT lanes specifically, and not a total ban from the roads?
Re: Pandemonium In Ikorodu As Lagos State Govt. Bans Red BRT Buses. by Rhymez(m): 8:28am On Nov 07, 2016
PureHeart01:
I thought they were banned from using BRT lanes specifically, and not a total ban from the roads?

That was what I thought too, but come around that Ikorodu axis and you won't see a single LAGBUs on the road.
Re: Pandemonium In Ikorodu As Lagos State Govt. Bans Red BRT Buses. by fyneguy: 8:34am On Nov 07, 2016
Rhymez:

That was what I thought too, but come around that Ikorodu axis and you won't see a single LAGBUs on the road.

You won't see them because they are protesting the ban. Government only restricted them to the other road! FYI, the BRT lane was funded by the Chinese firm running the blue buses.
Re: Pandemonium In Ikorodu As Lagos State Govt. Bans Red BRT Buses. by sinistermind(m): 8:57am On Nov 07, 2016
500 naira from Ikorodu to Ketu. Workers should just stay at home.

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium In Ikorodu As Lagos State Govt. Bans Red BRT Buses. by wirinet(m): 9:38am On Nov 07, 2016
PureHeart01:
Banned from using BRT lanes? The red busses had never been allowed on the BRT lanes from mile 12 to Ikorodu since the road was opened, so I do not know the ban you guys are talking about.
Re: Pandemonium In Ikorodu As Lagos State Govt. Bans Red BRT Buses. by eRex(m): 9:43am On Nov 07, 2016
wirinet:

Banned from using BRT lanes? The red busses had never been allowed on the BRT lanes from mile 12 to Ikorodu since the road was opened, so I do not know the ban you guys are talking about.

They were banned from using the all BRT lane, from ikorodu to cms..
Re: Pandemonium In Ikorodu As Lagos State Govt. Bans Red BRT Buses. by PureHeart01: 12:30pm On Nov 07, 2016
wirinet:

http://m.guardian.ng/news/lagos-government-bans-lagbus-from-ikorodu-brt-corridor/

(1) (Reply)

The Best 2019 Ticket For PDP / Fulanis Are Innocent, Buhari's Enemies Responsible - Christian Group / Agf-fg Has Recovered N57.9bn, $666.676m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.