Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV (7456 Views)

Poll: Which TV programmes do you enjoy better?

Nigerian TV: 30% (11 votes)
Foreign TV: 69% (25 votes)
This poll has ended

Lg Led Tv Vs Samsung Led Tv Products: Which Would You Recommend? / The Queens And Kings Of Nigerian TV Soap Operas ( Photos ) / American Tv Vs British Tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by ronkebaby(f): 7:42pm On Dec 08, 2006
for the mere fact that i cld relate with nigerian tv programmes, i choose it over the foreign one.
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by vadewoyin(f): 11:36pm On Dec 08, 2006
i love nigerian tv and i believe they will improve with time
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by gbadex1(m): 7:08am On Dec 09, 2006
But for now, they suck as hell!!
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by osegwu(m): 1:35pm On Dec 09, 2006
We talk of Channel O, Supersport and other foreign Station as been
nice so also do the foreigners who watch Silverbird, AIT and BCI see
as  them been nice too, so lets be proud of what we have.

Still me
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by tenik: 8:17pm On Dec 10, 2006
comparison isnt the best , instead lets talk about how to change, the difference is very clear, naija is just coming out for the world to see and we,ll sure get there somday
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by jaybaby(f): 9:34pm On Dec 10, 2006
O M G pple did dos station jus come out like dat---they srted 4m sm where 9ja is tryin 2 blend abeg let us give 'em credits!

STV is tryin
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by beefblaze(m): 4:29pm On Dec 11, 2006
will prefer watching naija tv's than Ghanaian tv here
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by firewire: 8:58pm On Dec 11, 2006
nigerian tv sucks, sorry to say. no originality, no basis, no scope, no hope.

stv sucks even more. there's this passion about showing lousy nigerian movies, lousy talk shows, and such crap.

angry am gonna stick to watching foreign tv, whether you like it or not.
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by ronnieslimz(f): 4:03pm On Dec 12, 2006
huh! sad
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by Radiant(f): 5:04pm On Dec 12, 2006
grin grin grin grin na wa o
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by iice(f): 3:22am On Dec 13, 2006
firewire:

nigerian tv sucks, sorry to say. no originality, no basis, no scope, no hope.

stv sucks even more. there's this passion about showing lousy nigerian movies, lousy talk shows, and such crap.

angry am going to stick to watching foreign tv, whether you like it or not.

LMAO grin grin grin feel you! tongue
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by TerraCotta(m): 4:02am On Dec 13, 2006
My favorite Nigerian show: Nigeria International
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by GL(f): 9:16pm On Dec 14, 2006
Foreign TV offers far better quality than Nigerian TV. However, i would rather go for Nigerian TV because our local TV programs generally have positive messages for viewers.
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by culasi(m): 11:56pm On Dec 14, 2006
@ GL.

I agree with you. smiley
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by LoverBwoy(m): 12:03am On Dec 15, 2006
GL:

Foreign TV offers far better quality than Nigerian TV. However, i would rather go for Nigerian TV because our local TV programs generally have positive messages for viewers.

not really they potray nigerians as money hungry people and most of them show foreign films anyway
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by twinkledew(f): 3:53pm On Dec 25, 2006
what sort of comparison is this. for a start i shld believe that the facilities used in America will not be available in Nigeria.

You can only compare 'if' they both have the same resources.
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by TerraCotta(m): 7:27pm On Jan 02, 2007
There's definitely no investment in graphics services and professional stage design for Nigerian news. They're still using techniques that have been outdated for a decade, and the copy editing is terrible--you really, really shouldn't have spelling errors in captions and other graphics on the news.

As for MTV Base, it's mostly fake accents and imitating American veejays from the few times I watched it.
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by LoverBwoy(m): 8:52am On Jan 03, 2007
TerraCotta:

There's definitely no investment in graphics services and professional stage design for Nigerian news. They're still using techniques that have been outdated for a decade, and the copy editing is terrible--you really, really shouldn't have spelling errors in captions and other graphics on the news.
As for MTV Base, it's mostly fake accents and imitating American veejays from the few times I watched it,

DONT SALE YOUR VOTES- AIT
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by Itse(f): 10:34pm On Jan 06, 2007
I would go for Foreign TV, South African or American.
For the things i enjoy on those TVs, Nigerian TV is yet to offer. Talk about: Discovery-Forensic Stuff, CNN-International News which is very vast, documentaries on various countries.

I do not do soaps for either TVs, i think they make one's brain dull. On movies i watch foreign mainly but can sit through a few Nigerian ones on bad day.

We can get to the standard which they are, we just do not have our priorities straight cause the money is available, what is done with it is the problem.
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by 9ja4eva: 12:31am On Jul 02, 2007
nigerian tv
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by ronkarazo(m): 6:38pm On Jul 02, 2007
Aight fine y'all hv spoken,
fantastic opinions, but like yall know, "opinions are like assholes, everyones got one".

This is some info for y'all, By December the best channels out of Nigeria will be the music channels.
Tajudeen, Kwame, Ayo and Ayo will shock all of you to your foundation.

The music TV biz is the best thing to happen to naija TV, not just because we love music or hv people who think they can do better than Channel O and MTV Base, its because the guys behind 'em channels hv so much under their sleeves. They are young , passionate and i bet they wont want us Nairalanders yabbing their channels.

I hear that some of them will be on HiTV and DSTV.
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by denex: 9:04pm On Jul 02, 2007
When you say Nigerian TV vs. foreign TV, you have to be very specific.

STV, NTA and Channels television are Far better than most TV Stations in Ukraine, India, China, Jamaica, Uruguay. In fact, those TV Stations are better than most of the ones in South Asia, Africa, Eastern Europe, the Caribean, South America and China (yes! Only few stations in China are tight.).

Nigerian TV Stations are only gradually Beginning to realise real revenue from the television business. There are billions to be made, yet they don't even know how. So if they are not making huge profits, you can't expect them to invest hugely in equipment.

@ronkarazo

The music industry will change the entire entertainment industry in Nigeria. However, I would prefer if Storm Entertainment, and Sound City devise a method through which people can be paid tokens for having their videos on TV. These videos cost millions sometimes.

Then again, our TV stations have to find a way of boycotting poor quality programming such as home videos, so that the producers of such programmes will improve.
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by ronkarazo(m): 12:49pm On Jul 03, 2007
@ denex.
well said.

the music tv channels are happy to pay royalties to artistes; in any case royalties arent that expensive.
the big issue is with the collecting societies in Nigeria.

As you know Tony Okoroji of PMRS (www.pmrs-nigeria.com) and Orits Wiliki of MCSN (www.mcsn-nigeria.com) are at logger heads.

As it is PMRS is more media friendly as they have initiatives to work hand in hand with media outfits and the new jack artiste thats just jumped on the scene today.
MCSN on the other hand want media outfits to use works which they have the copyrights to, and are always taking companies such as banks to court for using these works even after getting it licenced by PMRS.

The NCC and other mediators want both organisations to merge , but the greed factor is killing both parties.
In view of this fact, no media outfit will be happy to be summoned to court after remitting funds to either of the collecting bodies.

Truth be told; media outfits will rather sign contracts with individual artistes in order to air their works. this overrides PMRS and MCSN ' powers.

Trust me the idea of a unified collecting body is kool, because it creates a solid structure for media outfits to obtain licences and air whatever works they want.

anyhow sha mk i stop before them yarn say i don change the topic.
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by uchetobi(f): 11:26am On Jul 04, 2007
They are not comparable now haba! How many in-door people can live without DSTV or cable?
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by denex: 2:42pm On Jul 04, 2007
@uchetobi

which DSTV Channel can you watch for 4 hours straight?

I know there are some like Discovery, E! and MTV Base. These are the channels that you can compare to Silverbird Television. Because I sure can watch STV non-stop for 6 hours.

Besides, check you DSTV. It's only Reality TV that has TELETEXT. Now Silverbird TV has teletext and theirs has more content than reality TV. And remember that what DSTV has in its bouquet is some of the very best TV stations in the world.

My guy, be honest. Silverbird TV is better than 60% of the television stations in this world.

They are showing NTA now in the US, and Nigerians over there are subscribing to NTA with joy. The truth is you don't know what you've got till it's gone.
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by PoDeep(m): 3:36pm On Jul 04, 2007
They probably subscribe to NTA to make up for their abscence in Nigeria i.e just to patronize their Fatherland not cos they enjoy it. I might agree for STV but NTA?? Cuh-monnn!!!
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by 9ja4eva: 6:45am On Jul 05, 2007
I prefer 9ja TV cos dey get better show
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by PoDeep(m): 10:21am On Jul 05, 2007
Ignorant ass-kisser.
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by denex: 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2007
@Po Deep

you should see the thread about NTA subscription in the US. Those people are going crazy over NTA like I dunno. It got me freaked out like NTA?!!
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by PoDeep(m): 4:42pm On Jul 05, 2007
I still retain my stand. Zap NTA.
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by 9ja4eva: 6:26am On Jul 06, 2007
Po Deep:

Ignorant ass-kisser.

U dey refer to me
Re: Nigerian TV vs. Foreign TV by PoDeep(m): 9:55am On Jul 06, 2007
Actually, Yes I am. I know you, you'ld never admit to any fault/set-back of the Nigerian entertainment industry. Especially nollywood.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Didn’t Snatch Anybody’s Husband – Funke Akindele / Did CTL/Trend TV Just Win The Lawsuit Against NCC And HiTV? / Full Length Free Nollywood Films: In The Eyes Of My Husband (1&2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.