Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,005 members, 7,835,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Which One Should I Take First; NIM Or MBA? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which One Should I Take First; NIM Or MBA? (13523 Views)

Demolition: Fresh FM Staff Weeps "How Will I Take Care Of My Family Now?" / Which To Choose Between NIMN, NIM Or ICAN / Quick Job For An MBA Holder Or MBA Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which One Should I Take First; NIM Or MBA? by Jeffchuks: 8:39am On Nov 08, 2016
Go for MBA
Re: Which One Should I Take First; NIM Or MBA? by Denerys(f): 8:47am On Nov 08, 2016
NIM is useless oo. No employer recognizes that thing as qualification talking from experience. Go and do MBA that one is good
Re: Which One Should I Take First; NIM Or MBA? by WilliamsNedd: 9:36am On Nov 08, 2016
Advise needed..

I did HRM certificate course some months back while I was serving. I paid 5k remaining 8k. And now it seems the certificate I've not collected is useless. What do u suggest I do? Should I pay the balance and get my cert; or I should just forget about it?
Re: Which One Should I Take First; NIM Or MBA? by Jayboi(m): 10:08am On Nov 08, 2016
lols. op. My advice is go for HSE or wait till after ur service year and do ur MBA. NIM is very useless. Since i finished service in 2011, its been of no use to me. HSE or PMP (Project Management Prof) will increase ur chance of getting a good job or even when u travel abroad, you ll find both helpful.

1 Like

Re: Which One Should I Take First; NIM Or MBA? by starwar(m): 10:13am On Nov 08, 2016
idee91:

ICAN loosing its standing. ....... like how na

Meanwhile when ACAs and struggling ican students catches you. .......
Like say make I vex but I no go vex.....ICAN wey just dey carry my money sotey recebuhari no make me register for this diet
Re: Which One Should I Take First; NIM Or MBA? by samrose1: 10:30am On Nov 08, 2016
tobimillar:
Bro forget NIM and MBA. Use that money and invest in your business idea, you will be employing MBA graduates in a few years

Mugu. Do u know his business ideas? Do u know how much being learned in business administration would profit him after studies when he eventually puts it in practice. U that have invested your own money in business idea, how many MBA grad have u employed.

3 Likes

Re: Which One Should I Take First; NIM Or MBA? by Gerrard59(m): 10:40am On Nov 08, 2016
Which brings us to the MBA program; which business school are you aiming at? Do you have the resources(exchange rate things)? The prestige and alumni of the school? Are you aiming global or intend staying local? If you aim global, I hope the school will give you value for your money? If it's local, anything apart from the Lagos Business School is a fraud. The sponsorship, is it going to be by your company(assuming you're working)? How many years is the business school? 1 or 2?

What are your career aspirations? Consulting, IB, Private Equity, Entrepreneurship, HR etc? If it's the first three, an MBA(CFA can suffice for IB) is invaluable and must be from a GOOD school!!.

In conclusion, an MBA is the best as it gives value for money and exit options(CEO, CFO, HR, Manager, Director). However, getting it depends on the business school and your work experience counts as most and the best business schools wouldn't accept anyone that has less than 2 years experience.

You can find more help here
http://www.jarushub.com/want-to-become-an-investment-banker-cfa-or-msc-finance/
http://www.jarushub.com/bsc-or-mba/?doing_wp_cron=1461344908.2945859432220458984375

Wish you the very best.

2 Likes

Re: Which One Should I Take First; NIM Or MBA? by sisisioge: 3:43pm On Nov 08, 2016
You shouldn't never be caught comparing the two again dude...

MBA first...

NIM if you wish later.

I would advise you decide on what your specialization will be in the MBA and then take a professional course in it. Eg, if you want Projects planning or marketing or management...just take a chartered professional course in it.

1 Like

Re: Which One Should I Take First; NIM Or MBA? by Bollove: 2:54am On Nov 09, 2016
chizidgreat:

I am actually serving and really want to do NIM. Are you saying it's not that relevant?
And which you advice between NIM, HRM, PMP, CRM and HSE. please, advice me before I commit my money and time
No knowledge is actually a waste. I was skeptical about NIM during my service year just like you but a friend forced me to write it which I did . Nonetheless, NIM doesn't offer upgrade benefit on the JOB but I enjoyed the curriculum and the managerial skills I achieved through the scheme.

NIM can be like a stepping stone to a more wider Management examination.

NIM, HRM, PMP, CRM and HSE are different professional qualification with different area of focus so the ones to choose depends on your career goals and objectives. First and foremost, sit down and seek an understanding of where you want to reach in your life and the kinda career you wanna have with you . This will determine the kinda professional bodies and qualification you wanna belong to.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms / Lagos State Ministry Vs LIRS / Salary Range For These Companies/posts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.