Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

"My Encounter With Osun State Governor" -- Facebook User - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "My Encounter With Osun State Governor" -- Facebook User (928 Views)

Gold Discovered In Commercial Quantity In Yauri, Kebbi State - Facebook User / "My Encounter With Abba Kyari, Nigeria's Crime Buster" - Journalist Shares Photo / Abike Dabiri's Encounter With Pro-Biafrans In Toronto (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"My Encounter With Osun State Governor" -- Facebook User by Flirtyjane(f): 10:36am On Nov 07, 2016
A Facebook user by the name Olasupo Abideen met with the Osun State governor and decided to share his experience.

He wrote:
As part of activities to mark the 2016 edition of Africa Youth Day Celebration, Pro-Democracy Youths sought an audience with the Governor of the State of Osun. The Governor was gracious enough to honour the request and interacted with us cordially. We discussed salient issues that bothered on state welfare, and also made suggestions as to how to make the state better.

In my capacity as the National coordinator of Brain Builders International, I spoke with a sense of service. I made recommendations on a wide range of issues which bothered on education, youth inclusion in governance, and youth empowerment.

Lincoln once said that the phrase 'thank you' is oftenused to appreciate a concerted effort. In view of this, I appreciated His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Osun state, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, for his milestones in the state, particularly his unrivaled feat in the education sector.

I believe Policies like the schools merger will go a long way to making education more accessible and holistic. This notwithstanding, can be made more effective and efficient upon employing the needed resources and taking into consideration the Geography/Map of the state subsequently (both human and material).

The Opon Imo initiative is a progressive ideology that needs to be properly monitored and evaluated. Technology as it were, has its own merits and demerits and as such, it is vital that the state ensures the positive use of its choice of technology by conducting timely Monitoring and Evaluation.

By way of improving the lot of the state, capacity building should be given primacy. Thus, teachers should be properly retrained in order to keep pace with the dynamism in technological advancement in the world at large.

To this end therefore, the Osun Job Centres recently established should open doors of partnership for the skilled youth who may want to train their colleagues.

It becomes imperative for the state government to create a forum in which the pulse of the citizenry will be felt aside Ogbeni Till Day Break or the Youth seeking an audience. This will bring about an informed decision to policy making. One of the good way to achieve this is by appointing a youth commissioner who will monitor his age group and will be between the ages of 18-35. Community leaders should be engaged to monitor the schools for proper supervision as well.

http://www.newsentryportal.com/2016/11/encounter-with-osun-state-governor.html

Re: "My Encounter With Osun State Governor" -- Facebook User by Flirtyjane(f): 10:40am On Nov 07, 2016
More

Re: "My Encounter With Osun State Governor" -- Facebook User by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:45am On Nov 07, 2016
Does the sycophant even know that there is no opon Imo again? It's being long withdrawn and this one was making a fool of himself
Re: "My Encounter With Osun State Governor" -- Facebook User by G1gbolahan: 4:39am On Nov 10, 2016
There is no doubt that Aregbesola has left a sound legacy for the young ones in terms of the importance that must be attached to Education and only those who have deliberately blinded themselves to good will not see this. From Opon Imo, to school feeding to the new school buildings, it is clear that Aregbesola came with an agenda an has met it.... He will not leave education in Osun the way he met it. And he did it.

2 Likes

Re: "My Encounter With Osun State Governor" -- Facebook User by bonito001: 5:16am On Nov 10, 2016
Op, so u prefer that nonsense opon IMO DT has gone into extinction to building a computer lab in every school in Osun state.
Re: "My Encounter With Osun State Governor" -- Facebook User by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:22am On Nov 10, 2016
Okay
Re: "My Encounter With Osun State Governor" -- Facebook User by shaddoww: 7:10am On Nov 10, 2016
Shey dis one na im u call encounter abi praise singing.
Re: "My Encounter With Osun State Governor" -- Facebook User by juman(m): 7:30am On Nov 10, 2016
There is no single real leader in yoruba land.
Re: "My Encounter With Osun State Governor" -- Facebook User by PeaceOut(m): 7:57am On Nov 10, 2016
juman:
There is no single real leader in yoruba land.

You right bro, please list one real leader in your region or land.
Re: "My Encounter With Osun State Governor" -- Facebook User by juman(m): 8:12am On Nov 10, 2016
PeaceOut:

You right bro, please list one real leader in your region or land.

It was chief obafemi awolowo, the modern father of yoruba people.

(1) (Reply)

If You Had The Power To Reform Any Sector In Nigeria, Which Will It Be? / Ondo Election: Tinubu Hails Akeredolu’s Victory, Oyegun, Buhari / GOVERNOR ON OKADA! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.