Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,954 members, 7,821,351 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Correlation Of Offences And Jail Term - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Correlation Of Offences And Jail Term (600 Views)

If Elected, Buhari Will Witch-hunt 'enemies' And Jail Them For 200 Years – Mu'az / Lagos State: Vehicle Inspection Offences And Penalties / Prosecute And Jail Or Shoot Them: Buhari On SaharaTV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Correlation Of Offences And Jail Term by lannre(m): 3:11pm On Oct 30, 2009
Tafa Balogun stole Millions jailed 2years

Judge Binta Nyako in her judgment said she considered the fact that Balogun was a "first offender" and had "shown remorse" throughout the trial.

"I hereby sentence the accused to a term of six months' imprisonment and a fine of 500,000 naira (3,846 US dollars) on each of the eight charges against him," said Nyako.

The six months will run concurrently and the 67 days he had already spent in detention during the trial will be deducted, she said.

Ibori- yet to be convicted

Igbinedon fined 3 .5Million

Lastma official jailed 4years for collecting bribe of ten thousand

Bode George 2 1/2 years amount not official

I dont have details of Nigerian looters

my concern is what are the correlation of jail term and amount actually looted

(1) (Reply)

Kutigi Queries Judge Handling Ibori Case / Revising History / Edo State- The Gloves Are Off!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.