Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

(NUC) Is The Most Corrupt Body In Nigeria See Why - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (NUC) Is The Most Corrupt Body In Nigeria See Why (1338 Views)

Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] / Fake Army Officer Caught With 3 Kids All Tied With Bombs On Their Body In Abuja / Fight Against Corruption: Nysc Is A Corrupt Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(NUC) Is The Most Corrupt Body In Nigeria See Why by stevnwigw: 5:00pm On Nov 07, 2016
national universities commission (NUC) is so corrupt . details shortly...
this body covers the massive fraud going on in Nigeria tertiary institutions during their accreditations. Here you will see a department that do not have equipment go to other schools to borrow and return them immediately after the exercise. The fraud in staffing is alarming, under-staff departments, desive unemployed individuals to come and stand in and they are dropped after the exercise
. Some institutions pay these individuals what they call honorarium and this body close their eyes and accredit this departments for five years or thereabout. These have been having negative effects on the graduates produced in Nigeria...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: (NUC) Is The Most Corrupt Body In Nigeria See Why by stevnwigw: 5:33pm On Nov 07, 2016
this is a verifiable fact.
Re: (NUC) Is The Most Corrupt Body In Nigeria See Why by Unimaginable123: 5:36pm On Nov 07, 2016
stevnwigw:
this body covers the massive fraud going on in Nigeria tertiary institutions during their accreditations. Here you will see a department that do not have equipment go to other schools to borrow and return them immediately after the exercise. The fraud in staffing is alarming, under-staff departments, desive unemployed individuals to come and stand in and they are dropped after the exercise
. Some institutions pay these individuals what they call honorarium and this body close their eyes and accredit this departments for five years or thereabout. These have been having negative effects on the graduates produced in Nigeria..
is it NUC's fault or the universities' fault?
Re: (NUC) Is The Most Corrupt Body In Nigeria See Why by mountlarry: 5:37pm On Nov 07, 2016
I agree with you completely. EFCC should begin to probe this institutionalised criminals. The problem in Nigeria's educational system is as a result of the rot in NUC. Ill-equipped schools, with little or no staff are given accreditation. Shameful
stevnwigw:
. Some institutions pay these individuals what they call honorarium and this body close their eyes and accredit this departments for five years or thereabout. These have been having negative effects on the graduates produced in Nigeria..
Re: (NUC) Is The Most Corrupt Body In Nigeria See Why by mountlarry: 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2016
Unimaginable123:

It's like saying that when police collect bribe from thieves that the thieves are to be blamed. What is their job
Re: (NUC) Is The Most Corrupt Body In Nigeria See Why by Unimaginable123: 5:47pm On Nov 07, 2016
mountlarry:

It's like saying that when police collect bribe from thieves that the thieves are to be blamed. What is their job
have u seen when NUC goes for accreditation?
I remember when they accreditated 'Estate Management Dept in FUTMinna. A Dept that had only 3 or 4 staff, suddenly put signs that every staff of School Of Environmental is a staff of Estate Mgt.
They claimed that the University's Computer Center was Estate Mgt Computer Center.
They even installed satellite that they took away when the NUC people left.
Now, how will NUC know that those were all lies. They stay only for a couple of days. And accept whatever the authorities tell them as true.. It's the universities that are to be blamed
Re: (NUC) Is The Most Corrupt Body In Nigeria See Why by blackpanda: 5:51pm On Nov 07, 2016
OP u are right sha
Re: (NUC) Is The Most Corrupt Body In Nigeria See Why by luckyz4rea(m): 6:58pm On Nov 07, 2016
I feel the NUC should be at the peak of their job!
Schools to be accredited should tender all documents relating to what is to be accredited, to prove their claim is true.

I have had first hand experience of this at school! The management suddenly becomes serious because NUC is coming to accredit!

If responsible students rise to stand against this act when NUC members are around, the management would try everything possible to rusticate the alarm blowing students!

If the alarm is blown and the NUC categorically warns the school management that should any of the alarm blowing student be rusticated for whatever reason, the school will dearly and regrettably pay for it, you'll see that the whole system will change and the management will seat up.

No one is willing to take this step because the NUC that you are even trying to help better their work to restore sanity to our schools may possibly be against you because of what they may want to collect from the school management!

Only God can help us outta the mess we are in this country! And God will help only when we all acknowledge and submit to Him!

The only expected savior was Jesus and He has already come! No other promising savior should we expect from any political party or the likes regardless their lofty and embellished words! Jesus is the only Way, the Truth and the Life!

My life by purpose is not in shape but submission to Him is putting me back together into what He intended for me.
Re: (NUC) Is The Most Corrupt Body In Nigeria See Why by stevnwigw: 7:34pm On Nov 07, 2016
NUC is more corrupt than the judiciary. copy EFCC BUHARI MINISTER OF EDUCATION Ngeneukwuelu
Re: (NUC) Is The Most Corrupt Body In Nigeria See Why by Sibrah: 7:42pm On Nov 07, 2016
The painful part is when they double the standard for private unis. Well, today most private unis are better off for it.
Re: (NUC) Is The Most Corrupt Body In Nigeria See Why by stevnwigw: 8:01pm On Nov 07, 2016
Unimaginable123:
Buharis faults
Re: (NUC) Is The Most Corrupt Body In Nigeria See Why by Unimaginable123: 8:05pm On Nov 07, 2016
stevnwigw:
Buharis faults
exactly
Re: (NUC) Is The Most Corrupt Body In Nigeria See Why by President99: 8:47pm On Nov 07, 2016
Unimaginable123:
I remember when they accreditated 'Estate Management Dept in FUTMinna. A Dept that had only 3 or 4 staff, suddenly put signs that every staff of School Of Environmental is a staff of Estate Mgt.
They claimed that the University's Computer Center was Estate Mgt Computer Center.
Now, how will NUC know that those were all lies. They stay only for a couple of days. And accept whatever the authorities tell them as true.. It's the universities that are to be blamed
FUTMinna hmm! marketing or demarketing my alma mater on a faceless forum??
However, My department had full accreditation both by NUC and COREN(Civil Engineering) throught out my undergraduate yrs.
Re: (NUC) Is The Most Corrupt Body In Nigeria See Why by mountlarry: 9:12pm On Nov 07, 2016
Your argument is very interesting. I lecture so I have a first hand experience. It's very easy to dictate phony lecturers or some of the stunts schools pull. This guys come and are lodged, entertained. They see what they want to see and go away with their honorarium. When you enjoy all these things how can you do your job without bias? Ask the so-called staff questions randomly, randomly ask students questions, make the staff use the equipment randomly. They can't go away with the mess. It's their job to seek out the truth
Unimaginable123:

2 Likes

Re: (NUC) Is The Most Corrupt Body In Nigeria See Why by stevnwigw: 10:02pm On Nov 07, 2016
President99:
However, My department had full accreditation both by NUC and COREN(Civil Engineering) throught out my undergraduate yrs.
with borrowed staff. If a forensic test is conducted on your lecturers, don't be surprised that you have only 3.

1 Like

Re: (NUC) Is The Most Corrupt Body In Nigeria See Why by stevnwigw: 10:12pm On Nov 07, 2016
one dept in a university in Nigeria, has 20 staff, with 4 options. 17 in one option, the remaining 3 have only 1 professor each, no assistant lecturer, no senior lecturer. Yet all the four options run PhD, MSc, Pgd, and BSc programs. Very pathetic.

1 Like

Re: (NUC) Is The Most Corrupt Body In Nigeria See Why by Unimaginable123: 11:50am On Nov 08, 2016
President99:
I graduated from FUTMinna myself.
Was there live when the estate mgt Dept accreditation took place

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Intrigues As Ubah,obaze,ezeemo Test Run 2017 Governorship Ambitions / Killing Of Biafrans, Falana Writes Buhari An Open Letter / See Pictures Of The Ammunitions Recovered Today In Apapa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.