Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,703 members, 7,809,673 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN (1323 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji Speaks On CNN About ‘Lionheart’ Acquisition By Netflix / Emmanuella Samuel: Comedienne Featured On CNN / Comedienne Emmanuella Featured On CNN - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by naijaloudmouth: 5:36pm On Nov 07, 2016
New social networking site www. just got a feature on CNN. Yay! Read the article below...
Love her or not, she's one of Africa's most famous news and gossip writers. Now she's hoping to take on Facebook with her very own social network, which she says hit 50,000 sign-ups on the first day.
Linda Ikeji, a former model from Lagos, Nigeria, says her social network, LIS (Linda Ikeji Social) has something others lack: a one-stop shop for everything online.

"About 30-40 million Nigerians are now online, and they go through so many sites," Ikeji told CNN.
"They go to Facebook for connecting with friends. They come to my blog to read the news. They buy and sell things and go to places like Nairaland where they exchange opinions."
Just six days in, the network has 86,000 followers. Within the next five years, Ikeji said she hopes to be the new Facebook.

"Facebook is my competition," said the businesswoman, who is famous for her tabloid reporting, which many have criticized for promoting gossip and lacking in credibility.

In 2014 her blog came under scrutiny amidst allegations of plagiarism and unfair usage of images which led to the blogging platform Blogger, run by Google, temporarily taking her website offline.
Paying the popular
Apart from her controversial ways, she differs from Facebook in another major way, however. Her plan is to pay people who gain a lot of followers on the site.
"Once they have 50,000 followers on their page, we will automatically start monetizing it. That means we will put our client's banners on the page and pay you a commission from what they pay us."

The cash incentives are paid out to the so-called 'wallet' -- a section on the network where people add their bank account details.

It remains to be seen if anyone will hit that high. For now, she will pay out a weekly share of her advertising revenue to the most popular accounts, she says.

"Next week we are putting N20,000 ($63) each into 50 people's wallets," Ikeji said.

The network also plans to pay users N8,000 (around $25) for original news content.
The aim of the business is to give back to the online community.

The strategy could mean good money for users, and the social network who gets help with attracting people to sign-up. A win win, she explains.

http://www.voicenaija.com.ng/2016/11/linda-ikeji-social-lis-featured-on-cnn.html

Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by dingbang(m): 5:43pm On Nov 07, 2016
U want to compete with the 6th richest man in d world? Just look at urself undecided
Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 07, 2016
Just thinking aloud

Seun is single, Linda is single

Seun, can't you ask a lady out ni undecided

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by dingbang(m): 5:47pm On Nov 07, 2016
Iamhatey:
Just thinking aloud

Seun is single, Linda is single

Seun, can't you ask a lady out ni undecided
she stated it clear, she doesn't want to marry a poor man grin

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 07, 2016
dingbang:
she stated it clear, she doesn't want to marry a poor man grin
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Are you saying seun is poor undecided

Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by dingbang(m): 5:52pm On Nov 07, 2016
Iamhatey:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Are you saying he is poor undecided
iffa tear u Kenyan slap now... dundi. Did I say he is broke?
Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by cescky(m): 5:52pm On Nov 07, 2016
dingbang:
U want to compete with the 6th richest man in d world? Just look at urself undecided

This lady's is blessed oo no filters...

That's the spirit of you will rise high U need to aim high... Success starts with the mind....as far as ur eyes can see unto u it shall be given, dreams are seedlings of reality....if ur mind can conceive it then, the man can achieve it evidently ur a small thinker

U just a look at ur self ....see why ur at it level? U can't think big that's the sole reason. Keep condemning and watch her soaring
Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by Adaowerri111: 5:52pm On Nov 07, 2016
very ambitious lady, the lord is your strength
Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by Onyejemechimere(m): 5:53pm On Nov 07, 2016
Do You Know You Can Earn Money Online By Sharing Your Opinion, Inviting Friends To Share Theirs And Completing Survey Which Is Paid For 2$ , Message me on 08104501026, JOIN NOW AND START EARNING.
Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by Tolexander: 5:54pm On Nov 07, 2016
dingbang:
only nothing is impossible!
Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by dingbang(m): 5:54pm On Nov 07, 2016
cescky:

This lady's is blessed oo no filters...

That's the spirit of you will rise high I need to aim high... Success starts with the mind....as far as ur eyes can see unto u it shall be given, dreams are seedlings of reality.

U just a look at ur self ....see why ur at it level? U can't think big that's the sole reason. Keep condemning and watch her soaring
what shall it profit u if u gain d whole world and lose ur soul? undecided
Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 07, 2016
dingbang:
iffa tear u Kenyan slap now... dundi. Did I say he is broke?
I said se.un marry Linda, you said she's not interested in poor man angry.

My bro, do you have menstral Pain

Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by dingbang(m): 5:55pm On Nov 07, 2016
Tolexander:
only nothing is impossible!
lmao. Funsho alakija is the richest woman in Africa... Linda Ikeji doesn't stand a Chance
Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by dingbang(m): 5:57pm On Nov 07, 2016
Iamhatey:
I said se.un marry Linda, you said she's not interested in poor man angry.

My bro, do you have menstral Pain
ehen did u see se.un in what I wrote. Too much of wearing fake eye lashes hav prevented u from seeing... Na to gv u serious factory reset slap
Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by cescky(m): 5:58pm On Nov 07, 2016
dingbang:
what shall it profit u if u gain d whole world and lose ur soul? undecided

Bro God is never against wealth....for am a real Christian too it's mans darkened understanding of God that's his problem

....how bible patriarchs were poor? None...Jesus didn't display wealth cos what's the use of a landlord bragging to his tenants that he built the house, when they all know he's the landlord
Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 07, 2016
dingbang:
ehen did u see se.un in what I wrote. Too much of wearing fake eye lashes hav prevented u from seeing... Na to gv u serious factory reset slap
Smh angry

Was I not talking about se.un asking Linda out ni undecided

Oya, lemme alone angry

Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by Tolexander: 6:00pm On Nov 07, 2016
dingbang:
lmao. Funsho alakija is the richest woman in Africa... Linda Ikeji doesn't stand a Chance
Before Folorunsho Alakija became the richest woman, there were richer women!

3years ago, Aliko Dangote was before Mark Zuckerberg on Forbes magazine. How come Mark is now before Aliko?

It is a matter of time!
Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by dingbang(m): 6:01pm On Nov 07, 2016
cescky:

Bro God is never against wealth....for am a real Christian too it's mans darkened understanding of God that's his problem

....how bible patriarchs were poor? None...Jesus didn't display wealth cos what's the use of a landlord bragging to his tenants that he built the house, when they all know he's the landlord
it's difficult for a cow to pass through the eye of a needle than for a ---------- man to enter the kingdom of God.

Please fill in the blank space

A. Poor

B. Stupid

C: lazy

D: Rich
Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by dingbang(m): 6:02pm On Nov 07, 2016
Tolexander:
Before Folorunsho Alakija became the richest woman, there was Oprah Winfrey!

How come Alakija is able to displace Oprah?

It is a matter of time!
I said in Africa. Winfrey is still richer dan Alakija!
Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by dingbang(m): 6:05pm On Nov 07, 2016
Iamhatey:
Smh angry

Was I not talking about se.un asking Linda out ni undecided

Oya, lemme alone angry
cmon carry u bow leg comot for my front
Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 07, 2016
[size=2pt]k[/size]
dingbang:
cmon carry u bow leg comot for my front
Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by Tolexander: 6:10pm On Nov 07, 2016
dingbang:
I said in Africa. Winfrey is still richer dan Alakija!
oh my bad!
it was a mistake!

There were rich women before Alakija overtook them.
Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by cescky(m): 6:11pm On Nov 07, 2016
dingbang:
it's difficult for a cow to pass through the eye of a needle than for a ---------- man to enter the kingdom of God.

Please fill in the blank space

A. Poor

B. Stupid

C: lazy

D: Rich

U see what am saying? .... U don't understand the scriptures look word of advice when u want to read scriptures ask God to open the eyes of ur spirit.... The bible is aspiritual book and can't be understood with the brain or mind... That's why Jesus called the Pharisees blind leaders of the blind.. He was talking so spiritual blindness ...

To that scripture it simply means if u have God u can be rich and make heaven.

Look even in ur neigbourhood there are lots of people that are rich yet don't have God and am sure u have friends who don't send God and are a success....

Success in material thingsofbthis world is a function of belief ...so who ever beliefs shall have whatsoever he believeth...even tho he's not a Christian ... Hope u get the point
Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by dingbang(m): 6:13pm On Nov 07, 2016
Tolexander:
oh my bad!
it was a mistake!

There were rich women before Alakija overtook them.
depends on the type of business. Linda ikeji's business cannot equate to amassing huge profits that will supersede that of Zuckerberg's. We are talking billions of dollars... not millions of naira..
Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by dingbang(m): 6:18pm On Nov 07, 2016
cescky:

U see what am saying? .... U don't understand the scriptures look word of advice when u want to read scriptures ask God to open the eyes of ur spirit.... The bible is aspiritual book and can't be understood with the brain or mind... That's why Jesus called the Pharisees blind leaders of the blind.. He was talking so spiritual blindness ...

To that scripture it simply means if u have God u can be rich and make heaven.

Look even in ur neigbourhood there are lots of people that are rich yet don't have God and am sure u have friends who don't send God and are a success....

Success in material thingsofbthis world is a function of belief ...so who ever beliefs shall have whatsoever he believeth...even tho he's not a Christian ... Hope u get the point
lmao stop deceivn urself, u want me to quote another one for you?

Money is the root of what?
Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by Tolexander: 6:18pm On Nov 07, 2016
dingbang:
depends on the type of business. Linda ikeji's business cannot equate to amassing huge profits that will supersede that of Zuckerberg's. We are talking billions of dollars... billion naira..
We may never say.

It is ICT world!
Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by dingbang(m): 6:21pm On Nov 07, 2016
Tolexander:
We may never say.

It is ICT world!
lol profits gotten from oil supercedes profits from ict 1000 times. In oil business, nations come together to do business, and not individuals. So think!
Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by cescky(m): 6:22pm On Nov 07, 2016
dingbang:
lmao stop deceivn urself, u want me to quote another one for you?

Money is the root of what?

Ur not a smart boy....unfortunately all this knowledge will profit another not u

Am not sure ur even a Christian that scripture says "the love" of money... Ur an empty head

I'll stop casting my pearl before swine.

Step outta my mentions
Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by cescky(m): 6:24pm On Nov 07, 2016
dingbang:
lol profits gotten from oil supercedes profits from ict 1000 times. In oil business, nations come together to do business, and not individuals. So think!

Ur truly dumb... The top five richest men and the richest man in the world what does he deal in? Oil or ICt? Olodo
Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by dingbang(m): 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2016
cescky:

Ur truly dumb... The top five richest men and the richest man in the world what does he deal in? Oil or ICt? Olodo
bro you are the one Dats stupidly dumb! You think Dangote didn't borrow to build his refinery? Jeeeeez!
Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by obontami: 6:38pm On Nov 07, 2016
Good one girl wink
Re: Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) Featured On CNN by DozieInc(m): 6:39pm On Nov 07, 2016
Linda is aiming for the stars, nice one... more success to her.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sikiru Adepoju Celebrates His 66th Birthday Today / Kourtney Kardashian And Scott Disick Are Back Together / GUESS The Size Of This 22yr-old Lady's Massive T!tties! See Full Pics!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.