Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,065 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Who Is Prince Of Persia - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Prince Of Persia (988 Views)

King Cyrus Of Persia And King Donald Trump Of America / King Cyrus Of Persia And President Trump Of America, Temple Builders / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Prince Of Persia by Mikechinos(m): 9:18pm On Nov 07, 2016
The prince of Persia is only mentioned in
Daniel 10 , a highly apocalyptic (and therefore at least
partially symbolic) section of the book of Daniel. Most
likely, the prince of Persia is a reference to an evil
spiritual entity that wielded authority over the ancient
kingdom of Persia.

The prophet Daniel had received a troubling vision
concerning a great war (Daniel 10:1 ). He went into a
three-week period of mourning, fasting, and prayer. In
response to Daniel’s prayer, God sent a heavenly
messenger to explain the vision. However, the
messenger was delayed for those same three weeks,
as he explains to Daniel: “But the prince of the
Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then
Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me,
because I was detained there with the king of
Persia” (Daniel 10:13 ). Later, the angel speaking to
Daniel predicts further fighting: “Soon I will return to
fight against the prince of Persia, and when I go, the
prince of Greece will come; but first I will tell you
what is written in the Book of Truth. (No one supports
me against them except Michael, your
prince)” (verses 20–21).

Taking this passage at face value, it seems that the
prince of Persia is a fallen angel who in some sense
had authority or influence over the physical kingdom
of Persia. In Daniel 10 , the prophet is praying about
the future of his people and their exile in Persia. A
heavenly angel is dispatched with the answer, but a
demonic “prince of Persia” obstructs the messenger.
This action would make sense, as the divine answer
involves the overthrow of the Persian Empire. The
angelic messenger finally gets some help from the
archangel Michael , who is apparently the prince (or
one of the princes) of Israel in the angelic realm
(Daniel 10:13 , 21 ).

Then the angelic messenger says he will face even
more spiritual warfare, returning to fight against the
prince of Persia. After that, he will face another
spiritual enemy, the prince of Greece (Daniel 10:20 ).
We know from history (and as was prophesied in
Daniel) that Greece would be the next world power
after Persia, and that Greece would dominate Israel
for a time. In this passage, three spiritual entities are
mentioned in relation to three earthly nations: the
prince of Persia, the prince of Greece, and the prince
of Israel (Michael). As the New Testament reminds
us, “Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but
against the rulers, against the authorities, against the
powers of this dark world and against the spiritual
forces of evil in the heavenly realms” (Ephesians
6:12 ). The battle is real.

It seems that, as events play out on earth, there is
corresponding activity in the spiritual realm. Whether
or not this spiritual prince of Persia’s fate was tied to
that of the physical Persian Empire is unknown. We
do know that, if his job was to keep the Persian
Empire in a place of dominance over the nation of
Israel, he failed. It is interesting to note that Iran is
modern Persia, and the leaders of Iran still want to
dominate or obliterate the nation of Israel. As a Shiite
Muslim nation, Iran persecutes Christian believers as
well—so perhaps the spiritual prince of Persia is still
active today. But, as with all of Satan’s minions, his
time is limited, and he can only go as far as God will
allow in accomplishing His perfect will.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Prince Of Persia by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 08, 2016
Prince of Persia is d prince in d Prince of Persia game series... I don play Prince of Persia-Warrior Within and Prince of Persia-The Two Thrones

1 Like

Re: Who Is Prince Of Persia by Nobody: 12:25am On Nov 08, 2016
... Prince of Persia?? A beautiful movie... Remember playing this game on Java
Re: Who Is Prince Of Persia by Mikechinos(m): 7:59am On Nov 08, 2016
not really
Re: Who Is Prince Of Persia by Kobojunkie: 7:41pm On Nov 07, 2023
Mikechinos:
The prince of Persia is only mentioned in Daniel 10 , a highly apocalyptic (and therefore at least partially symbolic) section of the book of Daniel. Most likely, the prince of Persia is a reference to an evil spiritual entity that wielded authority over the ancient kingdom of Persia.
The prophet Daniel had received a troubling vision concerning a great war (Daniel 10:1 ). He went into a three-week period of mourning, fasting, and prayer. In response to Daniel’s prayer, God sent a heavenly messenger to explain the vision. However, the messenger was delayed for those same three weeks, as he explains to Daniel: “But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia” (Daniel 10:13 ). Later, the angel speaking to Daniel predicts further fighting: “Soon I will return to fight against the prince of Persia, and when I go, the prince of Greece will come; but first I will tell youwhat is written in the Book of Truth. (No one supports me against them except Michael, your prince )”(verses 20–21).
■ Taking this passage at face value, it seems that the prince of Persia is a fallen angel who in some sense had authority or influence over the physical kingdom of Persia. In Daniel 10 , the prophet is praying about the future of his people and their exile in Persia. A heavenly angel is dispatched with the answer, but a demonic “prince of Persia” obstructs the messenger. This action would make sense, as the divine answer involves the overthrow of the Persian Empire. The angelic messenger finally gets some help from the archangel Michael , who is apparently the prince (or one of the princes) of Israel in the angelic realm(Daniel 10:13 , 21 ).
If you read what is written in the first verse of the same chapter that is Daniel 10, you would find a literal mention of the identity of the King of Persia at the time in question. undecided
1. During the third year that Cyrus was the king of Persia, these things were shown to Daniel. (Daniel’s other name is Belteshazzar.) They are true, but very hard to understand. Daniel understood them because they were explained to him in a vision. - Daniel 10 vs 1
So, if in his journal, Daniel already indicated that the King of Persia at the time of the event was Cyrus, a human and man, then it should follow that the mentions of the Prince of Persia, the Prince of Greece, and the Prince of Daniel's people aka the Israelites, in addition to a repeat mention of the King of Persia, ought also be reference to either the individuals who occupy the seats or the office in question.

2. What you have done here is certainly not taking it at "face value" rather, you chose to regurgitate the same delusional lie that has previously been fed to you by your mogs and pastors. There is no evil ruling any nation except for the men— flesh and blood— who rule over them. You can read through the books of Jeremiah, Haggai, Isaiah, etc. to see how God directly punished the Kings, and peoples of each nation as He saw fit. No evil archangel power ruling people. undecided
Re: Who Is Prince Of Persia by elated177: 10:33pm On Nov 07, 2023
You need to calm down, kobojunkie, you must not put your mouth into every thread, especially the ones that you know absolutely nothing about. It appears you deliberately try to undermine the importance of Scriptural discernment and interpretation. Not that I concur with everything said by the op, but your own comments, kobojunkie, are outrageous.
Re: Who Is Prince Of Persia by Kobojunkie: 11:29pm On Nov 07, 2023
Mikechinos:
The prophet Daniel had received a troubling vision concerning a great war (Daniel 10:1 ). He went into a three-week period of mourning, fasting, and prayer.
■ In response to Daniel’s prayer, God sent a heavenly messenger to explain the vision. However, the messenger was delayed for those same three weeks, as he explains to Daniel: “But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia” (Daniel 10:13 ). Later, the angel speaking to Daniel predicts further fighting: “Soon I will return to fight against the prince of Persia, and when I go, the prince of Greece will come; but first I will tell you what is written in the Book of Truth. (No one supports me against them except Michael, your prince)” (verses 20–21).
1. There is in fact no truth to the claim made of Daniel going into fasting and praying for three weeks. What the passage of Daniel 10 vs 1 - 3 instead says is that in response to information/understanding given him by way of a vision that he had, Daniel was left in a state of mourning/depression for 21 days. undecided
1 During the third year that Cyrus was the king of Persia, these things were shown to Daniel. (Daniel’s other name is Belteshazzar.) They are true, but very hard to understand. Daniel understood them because they were explained to him in a vision.
2 At that time I, Daniel, was very sad for three weeks.
3 During those three weeks, I didn’t eat any fancy food; I didn’t eat any meat or drink any wine. I didn’t put any oil on my head. I didn’t do any of these things for three weeks. - Daniel 10 vs 1 - 3
As you can see, it doesn't say that Daniel did not eat. It instead says that Daniel did not have an appetite for fancy foods like meat and wine — foods that Governors and officials in the land of Babylon were usually served regularly. undecided

2. So, what Vision was it that got Daniel depressed for 21 days after(as recorded in Daniel 10 vs 1 - 3)? Well, that vision is the one Daniel wrote of in verse 4 - 21 of the same chapter of Daniel 10. undecided

Re: Who Is Prince Of Persia by Kobojunkie: 3:07pm On Nov 08, 2023
Mikechinos:
Then the angelic messenger says he will face even more spiritual warfare, returning to fight against the prince of Persia. After that, he will face another spiritual enemy, the prince of Greece (Daniel 10:20). We know from history (and as was prophesied in Daniel) that Greece would be the next world power after Persia, and that Greece would dominate Israel for a time. In this passage, three spiritual entities are mentioned in relation to three earthly nations: the prince of Persia, the prince of Greece, and the prince of Israel (Michael). As the New Testament reminds us, “Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms” (Ephesians 6:12). The battle is real.
The problem with all of this is this. God of Israel chose and used all those Nations in question to punish Israel (and Judah, for the wickedness they wrought against Him. So when Christians selectively present the other Nations as being wicked, they do so out of ignorance of what is in fact written in Scripture. undecided

Babylon did not happen to Israel. Rather, God used Babylon to punish and destroy both Israel and Judah. Of course God had mercy oh Judah alone announced that He would again restore Judah --- Israel was never rebuilt by God and this because of Israel's sins against God. God used the Medes(and Persians) to punish the Babylonians all while the Israelites were in captivity in the land-- though the Jews(Judaians) were allowed to return to their land. Then God used the Greeks to punish the Persians, eventually God used the Romans to punish the Greeks. The Romans were also eventually destroyed by God. undecided

The point to see here is this phantom spiritual warfare you folks claim are nothing but lies made up to delude folks into believing in tales that go against God's own narrative. undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Is Prince Of Persia by kkins25(m): 3:24pm On Nov 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The problem with all of this is this. God of Israel chose and used all those Nations in question to punish Israel (and Judah, for the wickedness they wrought against Him. So when Christians selectively present the other Nations as being wicked, they do so out of ignorance of what is in fact written in Scripture. undecided

Babylon did not happen to Israel. Rather, God used Babylon to punish and destroy both Israel and Judah. Of course God had mercy oh Judah alone announced that He would again restore Judah --- Israel was never rebuilt by God and this because of Israel's sins against God. God used the Medes(and Persians) to punish the Babylonians all while the Israelites were in captivity in the land-- though the Jews(Judaians) were allowed to return to their land. Then God used the Greeks to punish the Persians, eventually God used the Romans to punish the Greeks. The Romans were also eventually destroyed by God. undecided

The point to see here is this phantom spiritual warfare you folks claim are nothing but lies made up to delude folks into believing in tales that go against God's own narrative. undecided

Interesting train of thought. i'd like us to take a ride on same track. When you say "God used," do you mean that because that's what was implied in the bible or are you saying such historical events took place because God was involved.
Re: Who Is Prince Of Persia by Kobojunkie: 3:31pm On Nov 08, 2023
kkins25:
■ Interesting train of thought. i'd like us to take a ride on same track. When you say "God used," do you mean that because that's what was implied in the bible or are you saying such historical events took place because God was involved.
Pick up the book and read through both the books of Jeremiah and maybe also Isaiah to see for yourself what God had resolved to do before it all came down. undecided
Re: Who Is Prince Of Persia by kkins25(m): 3:39pm On Nov 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Pick up the book and read through both the books of Jeremiah and maybe also Isaiah to see for yourself what God had resolved to do before it all came down. undecided
oh, you cannot prove it. grin grin grin

Imagine I ask a flat earther to tell me why he believes the earth is round, especially when there's substantial evidence that it isn't, and he tells me to read their book for answers to understand him. You're asking me to self-sabotage my common sense, abi? Are you saying the fall of the mentioned empires was due to God's intervention? Was God punishing Jews with Hitler?

What about the Native Americans, who was punishing them? Africans? You and I both know "God" had nothing to do with all the claims made in your post. If you'd say "According to what was written in the bible, that's a whole different matter. After all, such kind of claims are allowed in the fiction genre. grin

To say God dealt with the Romans is surely a bogus claim even for your standards.
Re: Who Is Prince Of Persia by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:43pm On Nov 08, 2023
Satan
Re: Who Is Prince Of Persia by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Nov 08, 2023
kkins25:
oh, you cannot prove it. grin grin grin
Imagine I ask a flat earther to tell me why he believes the earth is round, especially when there's substantial evidence that it isn't, and he tells me to read their book for answers to understand him. You're asking me to self-sabotage my common sense, abi? Are you saying the fall of the mentioned empires was due to God's intervention? Was God punishing Jews with Hitler?
What about the Native Americans, who was punishing them? Africans? You and I both know "God" had nothing to do with all the claims made in your post. If you'd say "According to what was written in the bible, that's a whole different matter. After all, such kind of claims are allowed in the fiction genre. grin
To say God dealt with the Romans is surely a bogus claim even for your standards.
Prove? I see you are merely trolling .... so I will leave you to it. undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Is Prince Of Persia by kkins25(m): 3:53pm On Nov 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:

The point to see here is this[b] phantom spiritual warfare [/b] you folks claim are nothing but lies made up to delude folks into believing in tales that go against God's own narrative. undecided
What does spiritual warfare mean? If God "used" Medes and the Persians as proxy to fight wars, then it wasn't a battle against "man." What you're also implying is that the Medes and Persians are under some kind of trance or--atleast their thoughts were influenced by spiritual forces to go into war.

I know when a pastor says spiritual warfare, he means it in the context that the actions of people aren't what they are on the surface, but that spirit forces influence human actions. That's why they do "deliverance." According to the bible, God is the "spiritual force" here. We've seen God play this role in many other instances too including hardening Pharos heart.

Put yourself in the shoes of Pharoah, won't you claim that some spirit forces unknown to you made you act against your own values or will? Furthermore, If God being a spirit can influence the thoughts and actions of man, it's not crazy to also hypothize that lesser gods are capable of same. Hence, the claim that "spiritual warfare" exist may hold merit.
Re: Who Is Prince Of Persia by Kobojunkie: 3:59pm On Nov 08, 2023
kkins25:
What does spiritual warfare mean? If God "used" Medes and the Persians as proxy to fight wars, then it wasn't a battle against "man." What you're also implying is that the Medes and Persians are under some kind of trance or--atleast their thoughts were influenced by spiritual forces to go into war.
Go read the book. undecided
Re: Who Is Prince Of Persia by kkins25(m): 4:12pm On Nov 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Go read the book. undecided
Who was the angel or man talking with Daniel?
Re: Who Is Prince Of Persia by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Nov 08, 2023
kkins25:
Who was the angel or man talking with Daniel?
According to Daniel, the shiny man in his vision was some man — a ghost maybe of Israel's future— who came to reveal the future to him. undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Is Prince Of Persia by kkins25(m): 4:23pm On Nov 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
According to Daniel, the shiny man in his vision was some man — a ghost maybe of Israel's future— who came to reveal the future to him. undecided
A ghost of Israel's future? oxymoron? How can the future be a ghost? So, the future was personisified?
Re: Who Is Prince Of Persia by Kobojunkie: 4:28pm On Nov 08, 2023
kkins25:
A ghost of Israel's future? oxymoron? How can the future be a ghost? So, the future was personisified?
🧐
Re: Who Is Prince Of Persia by mysticwarrior(m): 8:30pm On Nov 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If you want to be taken seriously please present fact and stop subscribing to suppositions.
Re: Who Is Prince Of Persia by Kobojunkie: 8:31pm On Nov 08, 2023
mysticwarrior:
If you want to be taken seriously please present fact and stop subscribing to suppositions.
Aren't you sick and tired of just wanting my attention? It has been what? almost a year now? undecided
Re: Who Is Prince Of Persia by mysticwarrior(m): 8:47pm On Nov 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Aren't you sick and tired of just wanting my attention? It has been what? almost a year now? undecided
Oh Kobo, I think it should be more than a year if am not wrong, you championed yourself to have deep understanding on biblical and metaphysical demystification.

You lunch vicious missiles from your keyboard whenever someone is trying to point out your errors, above all that I have said you are a good contender and I love the way you express your points in written form. I will never stop contesting your write up here on nairaland.
Re: Who Is Prince Of Persia by Kobojunkie: 9:13pm On Nov 08, 2023
mysticwarrior:
Oh Kobo, I think it should be more than a year if am not wrong, you championed yourself to have deep understanding on biblical and metaphysical demystification.
You lunch vicious missiles from your keyboard whenever someone is trying to point out your errors, above all that I have said you are a good contender and I love the way you express your points in written form. I will never stop contesting your write up here on nairaland.
Look, as you have admitted, you have wasted over a year of your own life and time chasing me down for unknown reasons. If you can provide a meaningful Scriptural counter to any of what I have stated, go for it, or please waka pass and save yourself the unneeded keystrokes! undecided
Re: Who Is Prince Of Persia by Kobojunkie: 10:00pm On Nov 08, 2023
Just a hint, Daniel 11 is a continuation of that recorded in Daniel 10.

(1) (Reply)

Houston Megachurch Lakewood Leader Joel Osteen New Memes And Images Trending / Should I Pay Tithe From Winning In Soccer Betting / Is Polygamy A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.