Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Naira Plunges At Interbank Market - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Plunges At Interbank Market (19816 Views)

Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens / Naira Plunges To N390 Per Dollar On Parallel Market / Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by Sunkyphil(m): 6:48am On Nov 08, 2016
today it will appreciate by #4 but wen it will depreciate 2morow it will b by #50
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by CzarChris(m): 6:50am On Nov 08, 2016
shegxxymyth11:

Are you laying a curse or what? smh....
he is actually saying the truth, the dollar always skyrockets (by 5 or highest 8naira) during December periods. But with this government setting new trends up and down, the dollar might actually get to 800naira by Christmas.

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by blackpanda: 6:50am On Nov 08, 2016
Theres no magic that can be done. Naira will remain low unless we increase exports over imports. And this is not a job for only govt, but Nigerians must start patronizing their own products and we need more manufacturers in the country. Unfortunately, most nigerians want to continue their old lifestyle, thinking that foreign exchange is govt business not theirs.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by Mememan: 6:51am On Nov 08, 2016
shegxxymyth11:

Are you laying a curse or what? smh....
Not a curse but prophesy
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by shegxxymyth11(m): 6:52am On Nov 08, 2016
4nobody4every1:
cool

Guess you're happy about the current recession going on in Nigeria! you need to use the smiley where it's necessary. not just showing us your brukutu face!!!
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by SmartMugu: 6:52am On Nov 08, 2016
Can someone please replace Emefiele and Kemi for a period of time and let's see what that will do to the naira? These people are only guessing with Nigerian''s livelihood.
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by refreshrate: 6:55am On Nov 08, 2016
princepet:
I still can't fathom the economic agenda of this government

If you're aware of it Pls share with us abeg

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by 4nobody4every1: 6:55am On Nov 08, 2016
shegxxymyth11:

[s]Guess you're happy about the current recession going on in Nigeria! you need to use the smiley where it's necessary. not just showing us your brukutu face!!!
[/s] Trash angry angry

Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by emeka2847: 6:56am On Nov 08, 2016
It will soon bounce back by gaining 2 naira in one month. Mtchew
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by maxiquadrian(m): 7:00am On Nov 08, 2016
it gonna be well one day, like if u blive in Nigeria Our Nation
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by shegxxymyth11(m): 7:00am On Nov 08, 2016
4nobody4every1:
[/s] Trash angry angry

I was trying to correct you and all you have to do is to type "Trash'' may I ask you how old are you?
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by 4nobody4every1: 7:03am On Nov 08, 2016
[s]
shegxxymyth11:

I was trying to correct you and all you have to do is to type "Trash'' may I ask you how old are you?
[/s] angry angry angry
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by kjhova(m): 7:03am On Nov 08, 2016
jackymore:
It seems like we have lost the control of naira

So long as we agree to a full floating of the Naira, we cannot have control at the same time.

Even the minimal support that the CBN is given to manufacturers through the forward sales is criticised by the international financial system as meddling in the free market.

Time will tell if leaving the Naira to the dictates of market forces is the right idea for us as a country.
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by shegxxymyth11(m): 7:05am On Nov 08, 2016
SmartMugu:
Can someone please replace Emefiele and Kemi for a period of time and let's see what that will do to the naira? These people are only guessing with Nigerian''s livelihood.

Can someone? who's the someone? let me guess your nickname on here should be your real name.
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by deebrain(m): 7:06am On Nov 08, 2016
Mememan:
Buhhariiii ooooo

By December, a dollar will exchange for 600 naira...

I refuse and reject it in Jesus name.
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by petars: 7:06am On Nov 08, 2016
What is going wrong the our economical team?
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by Zdoh(m): 7:07am On Nov 08, 2016
onatisi:
Iranu oshi
Dumb goats in power destroying ppls lives . Deep shit.
Prophet Onatis i see you, they are just given us headache everyday. No single direction, this today that tomorrow. "See you in the other market jaree!!!
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by SmartMugu: 7:07am On Nov 08, 2016
shegxxymyth11:

Can someone? who's the someone? let me guess your nickname on here should be your real name.
In your head, you have made a point, haven't you? If you understand how making such decisions work in a democracy, you wouldn't have revealed the filth in your mouth from your post.
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by directonpc(m): 7:09am On Nov 08, 2016
When e gain by 0.50 them go say u dey bitter for not clapping for the government.
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 08, 2016
jackymore:
It seems like we have lost the control of naira
very true, my brother
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by eezeribe(m): 7:11am On Nov 08, 2016
grandstar:

It will soon strike oil
Lol
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by Joephat(m): 7:11am On Nov 08, 2016
the way naira dey waka, e be like say, he wan trekk from Ibadan to Abuja.

Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by Clone2020(m): 7:13am On Nov 08, 2016
If you want to send money to relatives in Nigeria, I will buy your dollars at the rate of 400/$ while you deposit into my US bank account. Dont even bother with western union and co, they exchange for far less and with fees and delays. Don't bother with Bank transfers either, they charge fees, have delays and worst of all, they will tell you they don't have US dollar cash at their branch

All transactions are done within 1 minute, guaranteed.

Call or whatsapp, see contact in signature.
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by shegxxymyth11(m): 7:15am On Nov 08, 2016
SmartMugu:

In your head, you have made a point, haven't you?

The question is who's the someone? are you referring to the citizens or the government? I don't know why you can't read and leave the thread instead of dropping that trash!!
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by onatisi(m): 7:16am On Nov 08, 2016
deebrain:

I refuse and reject it in Jesus name.
This is the problem with Nigerians ,they allow religious sentiments to becloud the reasonable sense of reasoning. While u continue to say " I reject",the importers importing goods into Nigeria have since 2 weeks ago adjusted the calculations to 500-510 projected cost in buying dollars. Go to the market today and in the next 2 weeks and see if there wont be 25% increase in prices . No sensible trader will wait for this government to finish their dullness before taking proactive and preventive actions against its effect on their businesses
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by onatisi(m): 7:19am On Nov 08, 2016
Zdoh:
Prophet Onatis i see you, they are just given us headache everyday. No single direction, this today that tomorrow. "See you in the other market jaree!!!
Buhari himself has no direction ,he walks zigzag , how can his government have any direction. Infact I am out .
Ok bro.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by SmartMugu: 7:20am On Nov 08, 2016
shegxxymyth11:

The question is who's the someone? are you referring to the citizens or the government? I don't know why you can't read and leave the thread instead of dropping that trash!!
And who is the government? Does your reps agree with the presidency? Who makes the decisions? How long will the process take? And there comes an immature folk like you speaking thrash to me. Just go and ask mom and dad for breakfast and let adults deal with matters like this.
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by otokx(m): 7:22am On Nov 08, 2016
The target is 500 naira by December it appears.
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by Adesiji77: 7:23am On Nov 08, 2016
@Truth234

Even at N350, the FX market is not liquid yet
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 08, 2016
All those celebrating the fall of the Naira because of a personal hatred for PMB are very shortsighted.

Nigerians working abroad happy about this are greedy and selfish. We are ALL Nigerians and we would ALL suffer the consequences one way or the other

Have you ever seen a Briton celebrating that the Pound Sterling dropped in value as a result of Brexit because they don't support a political party? Did you see Americans jubilating the fall of the dollar during the 2008 recession because they hate Obama? Do whites have a different brain and IQ from us?

I earn in dollars here in Nigeria. In a space of a year, my salary though unchanged $wise, rose from 280k to almost 730k now....i can't still celebrate because i am struggling to buy a car. What i deemed too expensive at 2.5 million in January, i am begging people to sell at 3million Naira now. Even if i earn in USD, what of my other family members earning in Naira?...

Let's think and unite to propel Nigeria forward

PS: PMB has tried his best as a leader, but i personally think his economic team have failed and should be replaced.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by shegxxymyth11(m): 7:25am On Nov 08, 2016
SmartMugu:

And who is the government? Does your reps agree with the presidency? Who makes the decisions? How long will the process take? And there comes an immature folk like you speaking thrash to me. Just go and ask mom and dad for breakfast and let adults deal with matters like this.

[s]
SmartMugu:

[/s]
SmartMugu:

Just respect yourself with the way you put your words man! who do you think you are? you claim you are adult and yet you keep saying thrash.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira May Fall To ₦700 Per Dollar Over Oil Theft, Low Export – NACCIMA / Share Your Experience On This Promo Method / Folorunsho Alakija, Missing From Forbes List Of 21 Richest Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.