Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,896 members, 7,956,373 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:49 AM

Naira Plunges At Interbank Market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Plunges At Interbank Market (19970 Views)

Naira Plunges To N472/$ As Forex Scarcity Worsens / Naira Plunges To N390 Per Dollar On Parallel Market / Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by elitejosef: 7:28am On Nov 08, 2016
Let's try and ignore these people in the helm of affairs and run our Life's our selfs o.
If not we're in for a Long thing
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by akilo1: 7:29am On Nov 08, 2016
change is here,sài baba grin
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by elitejosef: 7:33am On Nov 08, 2016
deebrain:

I refuse and reject it in Jesus name.

Face reality
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by CandyDiamond(f): 7:42am On Nov 08, 2016
Which kind of country operate three different rate for one currency, and masses rate of black market control the market forces shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by Truth234(m): 7:44am On Nov 08, 2016
Adesiji77:
@Truth234

Even at N350, the FX market is not liquid yet

That is a lot of improvement, to go from the current N470/$ to N350/$ at the parallel market, means Interbank market rate would have adjusted to about N240/$, with BDC rate at around N280/$. That is a lot of liquidity.
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by Almand: 7:44am On Nov 08, 2016
When you have a lot of zombies cheering ur every stupid moves. When you constantly push anti PDP rhetorics and Jonathan is bad propaganda instead of facing governance. When you are confused and can not tell you left from you right. When u have a very fake pastor as a VP. when have lie Muhammad lying as if his life depends on it. You get this kind of situation Nigeria is right now
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by Saintp(m): 8:08am On Nov 08, 2016
soletar:
All those celebrating the fall of the Naira because of a personal hatred for PMB are very shortsighted.

Nigerians working abroad happy about this are greedy and selfish. We are ALL Nigerians and we would ALL suffer the consequences one way or the other

Have you ever seen a Briton celebrating that the Pound Sterling dropped in value as a result of Brexit because they don't support a political party? Did you see Americans jubilating the fall of the dollar during the 2008 recession because they hate Obama? Do whites have a different brain and IQ from us?

I earn in dollars here in Nigeria. In a space of a year, my salary though unchanged $wise, rose from 280k to almost 730k now....i can't still celebrate because i am struggling to buy a car. What i deemed too expensive at 2.5 million in January, i am begging people to sell at 3million Naira now. Even if i earn in USD, what of my other family members earning in Naira?...

Let's think and unite to propel Nigeria forward

You guys should stop disturbing us with who love or hate buhari it doesn't change anything. If I hate or love Buhari from now till the kingdom come, will it affect the value of the naira?
You guys should be interested in PMB doing the job he is being paid to do than looking who hates or love, that is stupid thinking.

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by TruthHurts1(m): 8:12am On Nov 08, 2016
princepet:
I still can't fathom the economic agenda of this government

That's probably because the government doesn't have an economic agenda.
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by InvertedHammer: 8:14am On Nov 08, 2016
/
Buhari needs to go.

Fighting corruption and growing/diversifying the economy should be done simultaneously.

A serious and patriotic National Assembly would have commenced impeachment proceedings a long time ago.
\
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by Firefire(m): 8:18am On Nov 08, 2016
onatisi:

I told you this guy will crash everything,you thought I was joking. No matter how optimistic you may want to be,the truth is buhari and his Team simply haven't got what it takes to rule a nation . This is the undiluted bitter truth. Just wait and see next year,many Nigerians will even run to Cameroon to do labour jobs .

We warned the ediots who voted him that the dullard is not fit to rule in the 21st century, they refused to listen.

How I wish we can isolate them for the upcoming suffering. angry

1 Like

Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by Femsmart(m): 8:34am On Nov 08, 2016
soletar:
All those celebrating the fall of the Naira because of a personal hatred for PMB are very shortsighted.

Nigerians working abroad happy about this are greedy and selfish. We are ALL Nigerians and we would ALL suffer the consequences one way or the other

Have you ever seen a Briton celebrating that the Pound Sterling dropped in value as a result of Brexit because they don't support a political party? Did you see Americans jubilating the fall of the dollar during the 2008 recession because they hate Obama? Do whites have a different brain and IQ from us?

I earn in dollars here in Nigeria. In a space of a year, my salary though unchanged $wise, rose from 280k to almost 730k now....i can't still celebrate because i am struggling to buy a car. What i deemed too expensive at 2.5 million in January, i am begging people to sell at 3million Naira now. Even if i earn in USD, what of my other family members earning in Naira?...

Let's think and unite to propel Nigeria forward

Come and teach me how to earn in dollars too... I cannot come and die jare in this recession. PM sent.
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by COMPAQ(m): 8:38am On Nov 08, 2016
The truth if the matter is that there is little this or any other government could have done. We as individuals and as a nation are the architects of our problems.

If we only have mainly a single export product and the price falls from $100 to $40 and production falls from 2mln barrels to 900k barrels for a considerable part of the year, what do we expect to happen?

Considering that as individuals too everything around us in imported! Think about it! from cars to TV to phones, ac, printing paper, rice, tomato paste, our jeans, shoes, shirts, boxers... even toothpick!!

And this is where the government over the years is our primary problem as they have failed to to invest in infrastructure, put business friendly policies in place, fight corruption incompetence and nepotism, save for the future, provide quality education etc. Imagine that now skins in Nigeria are so bad people would rather get tilers and Pop guys from togo and Benin Republic!!

This country is in a crisis and the political class are all just looking for what they can get out of the system and not devoting any real time to putting a solid foundation in place. We are largely an incompetent nation. Give any guy to do a job for you and you spend all the time arguing about the quality of the job and that's if he doesn't abandon in and run away mid way.
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:00am On Nov 08, 2016
okosodo:
Yet fools are clapping for the mediocres that are running the government, lamentably, they suffer too from the effect of their stupidity

I never remember Nigeria has started printing dollars now and PMB decide the fix rate for it. I don't have any business with dollars for now.
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by chigoizie7(m): 9:10am On Nov 08, 2016
After all, our presidoo wanted to abscond the moment he learnt about his winning.

I don't care to know his reasons for wanting to abscond.

Hpoeless people.
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 08, 2016
Saintp:

You guys should stop disturbing us with who love or hate buhari it doesn't change anything. If I hate or love Buhari from now till the kingdom come, will it affect the value of the naira?
You guys should be interested in PMB doing the job he is being paid to do than looking who hates or love, that is stupid thinking.

Thank you for illustrating my point about low IQs..... grin

Since you are such a SMART thinker, how do you propose to halt the Naira decline? Am sure you can help other OPEC countries too, Mr Superman
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by pheesayor(m): 10:10am On Nov 08, 2016
this is different from what is obtained.

Yesterday at broad street in Lagos I wanted to change dollars I was told 458, I said 460 but they refused. This morning at Sabo I got a shocker, it had dropped to 440 and the aboki said it is bound to drop further as BDC operators suspected to be hoarding dollars have been arrested and taken to Abuja.

Truth234:
The Naira plunged on Monday at the interbank market to close at N350 to a US dollar, from N304.75 it traded last Tuesday. Bringing its total one-week lost against the US dollar to N45.25.

On the parallel market, the local currency dropped N5 from N465 recorded last week to close at N470 to the U.S dollar, while both the Pound Sterling and the Euro traded at N560 and N510 respectively.

At the Bureau De Change segment, the Naira was exchanged at N385 to a dollar, the CBN stipulated rate.

The surge in demand for the greenback had plunged the Naira against the US dollar as manufacturers are reportedly sourcing for dollars at the parallel market to meet the usual end of the year sales, stiffening the limited liquidity further.

Accordingly, the Central Bank of Nigeria's acting Director, Corporate Communications, Mr. Isaac Okorafor, in a statement on Monday said the apex bank has apportioned over $660 million to the manufacturing industries at the interbank market, this he said will ease foreign exchange pressure on the manufacturing and agricultural sectors through forward sales under the new flexible Forex regime.

He further stated that “The CBN is committed to ensuring that manufacturers of goods for which Nigeria does not enjoy comparative advantage are able to get letters of credit (LCs) to import the required materials for their businesses.”

Okorafor urged manufacturers to take advantage of the initiative to push Nigeria to the forefront of exporting nations through backward integration.

Traders are optimistic that the Naira would improve as diaspora remittances was expected to bolster market liquidity at the yuletide season.

http://investorsking.com/naira-plunges-at-interbank-market/
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by deebrain(m): 12:11pm On Nov 08, 2016
onatisi:

This is the problem with Nigerians ,they allow religious sentiments to becloud the reasonable sense of reasoning. While u continue to say " I reject",the importers importing goods into Nigeria have since 2 weeks ago adjusted the calculations to 500-510 projected cost in buying dollars. Go to the market today and in the next 2 weeks and see if there wont be 25% increase in prices . No sensible trader will wait for this government to finish their dullness before taking proactive and preventive actions against its effect on their businesses

Thanks for the sermon. However I HAVE SAID WHAT I SAID. Deal with it.
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by deebrain(m): 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2016
elitejosef:

Face reality

Yes. It's the reality of the fact that it is what I believe and declare that I would see.
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by abuhazzan(m): 11:39am On Mar 13, 2018
onatisi:

Buhari himself has no direction ,he walks zigzag , how can his government have any direction. Infact I am out .
Ok bro.
Am with u
Re: Naira Plunges At Interbank Market by onatisi(m): 11:43am On Mar 13, 2018
abuhazzan:

Am with u
ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Softbank Invests $400m In Opay At $2bn Valuation / How Can I Triple 4million Naira In One Month In Nigeria? What Kind Of Business / Commotion As Lagos Revenue Service Staff Rush To Collect Xmas Gifts [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.