Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,134 members, 7,953,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:32 PM

NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) (15418 Views)

Ngozi, Lady Who Attacked Nkiru For Sleeping With Her Husband Allegedly Does Same / Mob Descends On Robbers Who Attacked Man After Withdrawing N3M In Niger. Photos / Robber Who Attacked Man Returning From Church Vigil In Benin Caught PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by Islie: 10:12am On Nov 08, 2016
Afeez Hanafi

An estate agent, Yusuf Ayinla, has accused the Ogun State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps of shielding its officials, who allegedly shot him and injured his three-year-old son.

He said the command had yet to probe the operatives who stormed his residence on Fijabi Road, Bode Olude, in Abeokuta on September 25, allegedly shot him in the hand and smashed the butt of a gun on his son’s mouth.

This is just as the state police command said it had commenced investigation into the alleged assault and promised to ensure that the operatives did not go unpunished if found culpable.

PUNCH Metro learnt the operatives had invaded the area on the instruction of their colleague, identified simply as Ismaila, who had had a disagreement with Ayinla and other members of a riders’ association the previous day.

They had reportedly cautioned Ismaila at a motorcycle park in the Itoko Junction, Abeokuta, for overloading.

“There were two women at the back of his motorcycle and one of them had a baby. He also allowed two children to sit on the fuel tank. He was going towards the Ake area when an executive member of the riders’ association in the park, Gbenga, stopped him and asked him to pay for a ticket.

“He introduced himself as an NSCDC officer and refused to pay; Gbenga then scolded him for overloading the motorcycle. He said it was embarrassing that an officer could be breaching the law. He (the officer) became angry. I blamed the officer too,” Ayinla said.

Ayinla told our correspondent that the altercation worsened and one of the riders slapped the officer’s back.

“I pleaded with them and they allowed him to go. He vowed to come back with his colleagues,” he added.
PUNCH Metro learnt that a few hours later, about 14 NSCDC operatives, including the officer, went to the park, arrested Gbenga and whisked him away to their office in Oke-Mosan.

One Musibau, Gbenga’s brother was also reportedly detained when he went to secure his brother’s release. They were, however, released the following day.

Ayinla said, “On the morning of the following day, the NSCDC men came to arrest me. I insisted that I would not follow them because I had not done anything wrong. As I was trying to run away, one of them shot me in the hand.

“They dragged me to my apartment and asked for my car key. I told them I didn’t know where I kept it. While we were searching for the key, one of them hit my son, Farooq, with the butt of his gun in the cheek.

“After they found the key, some of them entered my car and drove off. They bundled me into their van and took me to their office. As they were about to enter my car, I told them I kept N700,000 there.”

Our correspondent gathered that the operatives later took Ayinla to the Federal Medical Centre, Idi-Aba, Abeokuta, where Farooq was also admitted.

“At the hospital, they returned N23,100 to my brother, saying that was what remained of the money they found in my car after paying for my medical bills. We reported the incident at the Adatan Police Division. But the police told us that the officials had not shown up for investigation. I know they are being deliberately protected by the NSCDC authorities,” he added.

Ayinla’s neighbour, Jimoh Jamiu, said an officer smashed a gun on his thighs when he tried to caution them.

“What those officers did was very wrong. They were shooting continuously. I approached their team leader, one Bamidele, to talk to him. He hit my thighs with the butt of his gun and told me to leave,” Jamiu said.
The NSCDC Public Relations Officer in Ogun State, Olanrewaju Kareem, said the command was investigating the matter.

He said, “The administrative department of the command is investigating the case. The police are also conducting their investigation. At some point, we will reach a logical conclusion.

“The family of the victims had been invited and we assured them justice would be done if the officers are found guilty of the allegation.”

The state police command’s spokesperson, ASP Ambibola Oyeyemi, said, “The case has been transferred to the State Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Department, Eleweran. We are following due process.”

http://punchng.com/nscdc-accused-shielding-officers-attacked-man-three-year-old/

Pics• Ayinla and Farooq Photos

2 Likes

Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by fuckpro: 10:20am On Nov 08, 2016
... Welcome to the zoo where Lunatics run the asylum

13 Likes

Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by ijustdey: 10:22am On Nov 08, 2016
paramilitary men behaving like animals.....

what has the small child done to have brutalised him like that

15 Likes

Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by Young03(m): 10:33am On Nov 08, 2016
bad
Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by qualityovenbake(m): 11:12am On Nov 08, 2016
Proper punishment must be melted out on these erring officers. Any act of NSCDC brutality on civilians must not escape justice.
Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by zinachidi(m): 11:31am On Nov 08, 2016
Young03:
He shot u at the leg n u have bandage on ur hand not leg

well..sue dem to court
he was shot on the hand. Read again.

16 Likes

Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by hayor2014(m): 12:16pm On Nov 08, 2016
Young03:
He shot u at the leg n u have bandage on ur hand not leg

well..sue dem to court

Later, you will say its your lecturer that failed you.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 08, 2016
angry
Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by Mcobama(m): 1:00pm On Nov 08, 2016
this is something dat shld be looked into
Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2016

ka m zoota ala first before enwere m chooobaaa ute m
Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by gabazin080(m): 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2016
fuckpro:
... Welcome to the zoo where Lunatics run the asylum
BRO ghana and cameroon is not far
Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by Bigajeff(m): 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2016
Cops people friends indeed
Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by adedayo3193(m): 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2016
Dat is nigeria for ya..*walks outta thread*

Adedayo was here
Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2016
Zoogeria. The rate of uniformed officers' brutality is alarming. You have to worry about the economy, boko haram and worse still, dumb and armed officers. Wonder what the so-called "leaders" do all day.
Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by takenadoh: 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2016
i don't want to say something now and my Oga at the top will say something else....

;Di don't want to say something now and my Oga at the top will say something else....

[url]thenaijalisting..com[/url]
Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by kingobozy: 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2016
Ever since that Oga at the Top saga I have always been disgusted by any NSCDC official I see. They just reek of senselessness angry angry

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2016
When they give guns to people who are supposed to be armed with whistles...This always happens.

9 Likes

Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by geojay: 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2016
This man should get in contact with a group called Due process advocate om facebook, they will take it up for you, even if you want those officers to be sacked, you will get it, and you full money will be revovered without any deduction.

4 Likes

Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by johnstar(m): 1:06pm On Nov 08, 2016
K
Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 08, 2016
I remember when these guys wanted to bear arms by every possible means and now that they have it, they are tormenting the masses.

2 Likes

Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 08, 2016
hayor2014:

Later, you will say its your lecturer that failed you.

They hurry to post a response. smiley smiley smiley

Just as they hurry to answer a question without giving it much/proper thought.

2 Likes

Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by Enyimbamercedes: 1:13pm On Nov 08, 2016
These NSCDC aka Guguru defense have grown wings ever since they granted them rights to carry arms. Those days when all they had was their silly blue uniforms and sticks, they were very humble. Now they carry their assault rifles, harassing people everywhere. They should not allow us to remind them of the ww dot nscdc dot....das all

3 Likes

Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by chessguru(m): 1:13pm On Nov 08, 2016
Sue the bastards

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by SWORD419(m): 1:15pm On Nov 08, 2016
God forbid

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by jeff1993: 1:17pm On Nov 08, 2016
We LIVE IN A HUMAN ZOO
Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by PaulIdu: 1:18pm On Nov 08, 2016
These are some of the reason I was against the arming of the Ill trained NSCDC

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by SEEDORF441(m): 1:37pm On Nov 08, 2016
nigeria
Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by younglas: 1:42pm On Nov 08, 2016
This is the result you get when you give untrained civilians guns.people were happy when riffles were approved for the nscdc now you guys are enjoying it grin
Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by Larasisi(f): 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2016
There is no need to wonder why there is so much untimely death and various calamities abounding every where sometimes its Karma. Imagine an innocent child. As many as are involved in this brutality will be served sooner than they expect a cold dish in return.

1 Like

Re: NSCDC Accused Of Shielding Officers Who Attacked Man, Three-year-old (pic) by fuckpro: 1:51pm On Nov 08, 2016
gabazin080:
BRO ghana and cameroon is not far
spoken like a true lunatic

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Step Father Deliberately Cut Off My Child’s joystick – Bayelsa Woman Laments / Man Kills His Friend In Zamfara During Heated Fight (Photos) / Nigeria Ranked The 5th Highest Rate Of Suicide In The World By Spectator Index

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.