Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,708 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment (32037 Views)

NDLEA Recruitment: Past Questions And Answers For Recruitment Test: Download Her / Breaking News:Reps Remove Age Limit On Employment / Bill To Remove Age Barrier Against Job Seekers Passes Second Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by nghubs1(m): 2:47pm On Nov 08, 2016
The Nigerian senate have moved the motion for removal of age bracket in recruitment exercise.

The motion was sponsored by Senator Matthew Urhoghide representing Edo South senatorial district.

Senate said the motion will help unburden recruitment requirements and modes to remove undeserved hardship for Job-Seekers in Nigeria.

The Deputy Senate President Like Ekweremmadu urges Government to declare a State of Emergency on Unemployment towards confronting the challenge frontally and radically.

They are also said to invite the Minister for Labour & Productivity to provide insight into Government’s roadmap towards tackling unemployment.

http://nghubs.com/senate-moves-to-remove-age-bracket-specification-for-recruitment/

10 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by Justiyke4u: 2:54pm On Nov 08, 2016
Alright
Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 08, 2016
Good move. I hope this works out

28 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by nicerichard05: 2:58pm On Nov 08, 2016
hhh
Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by starbuck(f): 3:18pm On Nov 08, 2016
I don't think it's a wise decision.... That means my great grand mother or father can get job.....

They should rather look into years of experience..

My opinion

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 08, 2016
Finally grin shocked cheesy wink
Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by estyvino(m): 3:50pm On Nov 08, 2016
That move may take another 10years

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by herzern(m): 3:54pm On Nov 08, 2016

Nawao....

Official Senate twitter account is qettinq 21 re-tweets.......
Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by magicminister: 3:55pm On Nov 08, 2016
Great Move if you ask me!

2 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by Akinz0126(m): 3:55pm On Nov 08, 2016
Good they should also move to impeach That Man Making lyf unbearable for the masses(Agent of change)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by Acidosis(m): 3:55pm On Nov 08, 2016
It won't work.

There is something they call "Generation Theory: Generation X, Y and Z" in HRM practice.

There would always be huge distinctions among the:

Baby Boomers
Millennial, and
Generation Z

The Senator has good intentions, but no company will employ a 40 year old man with 4 kids for a job that specifically requires the competence, and expending discretionary motivations of a fresh graduate (who can do anything for money).

15 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 08, 2016
grin grin
Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by DICKtator: 3:56pm On Nov 08, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by HAH: 3:56pm On Nov 08, 2016
Do they have this power ?

Everywhere in the world there is practice of age restriction as requirement for recruitment, how to you expect a 40 years old man to recruited into the army or police.

Reason for getting people younger is to groom them well when their brains can still be moulded, and reason of looking for people that have aged sometimes is to benefit from their experiences.

This is another exercise in futility by the
Senate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by Osu175(m): 3:56pm On Nov 08, 2016
Good moves!!
Let see what does companies who employs only 26years below will do.

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by donhils: 3:57pm On Nov 08, 2016
A good move. Hope it works out sooner than later.

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by SABA2002(m): 3:58pm On Nov 08, 2016
grin cheesy grandma please dust up your cv grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by enigma2007(m): 3:59pm On Nov 08, 2016
Employers will simply look for another loophole(s) to exploit.. These people are learners sha!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by chemicalDisease: 3:59pm On Nov 08, 2016
To favour our ancestors.
This the only thing d can think of.
Ndi ara!
Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by jaymejate: 3:59pm On Nov 08, 2016
For naija? Na you help me start my business?
Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by MzMercie: 3:59pm On Nov 08, 2016
starbuck:
I don't think it's a wise decision.... That means my great grand mother or father can get job.....
They should rather look into years of experience..
My opinion

Years of experience, u mean something like 'NOT MORE THAN 23 YEARS OF AGE WITH 10 YEARS EXPERIENCE" right?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by kings09(m): 3:59pm On Nov 08, 2016
Dem don wake. Interesting days ahead

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by phameous: 4:00pm On Nov 08, 2016
If as a HR, I put up employment ad and within me I know I want btwn ages 23-27 (for whatsoever reason). Senate opinion can't come to play.

Will only work for government agencies..
#myTots

2 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by BashMe1(m): 4:00pm On Nov 08, 2016
It wont work, is it not d same backward country called nigeria... Mstchew
Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by Pavore9: 4:02pm On Nov 08, 2016
Some companies are laughing at this! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Legislation can not change this because there are fundamental issues that needs to be addressed...Our Educational system needs to be addressed because l see no reason why our Universities and Polytechnics admits only once in a year while in Kenya it is thrice (January, April/May, September) and one can get a degree under 3 years. I know a Nigerian who got admitted for a Bachelor of Counselling Psychology in January 2015 and will be graduating August 2017! After which he would apply for a doctorate program in the U.S.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 08, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by salbis(m): 4:04pm On Nov 08, 2016
May this one see light of the day.
Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by doublefreez(m): 4:04pm On Nov 08, 2016
at last hope of old menh. i guess that should be in public sector abi? because i dont see how someone would recommend who i employ when he aint paying. Our lawmakers should focus on better legislation imo.
Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by faruku104(m): 4:04pm On Nov 08, 2016
It can't be removed. Rather, the senate should work on increasing age limit for certain job specifications.

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To Remove Age Bracket Specification For Recruitment by rusher14: 4:04pm On Nov 08, 2016
HAH:
Do they have this power ?

Everywhere in the world there is practice of age restriction as requirement for recruitment, how to you expect a 40 years old man to recruited into the army or police.

Reason for getting people younger is groom them well when their brains can still be moulded, and reason of looking for people that have aged sometimes is to benefit from their experiences.

This is another exercise in futility by the
Senate

Eh, Not so sure about that.

In the UK it would be considered discrimination.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Introduce Yourself In An Interview / 14 Hilarious Jobs To Meet A Celebrity In Lagos / Federal Polytechnic Ile-oluji, Ondo State Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.