Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Help! My Dell Laptop Has A Problem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! My Dell Laptop Has A Problem (704 Views)

Which Laptop Has The Best Battery Life? / VERY URGENTLY: Please, How Can I Know If A Laptop Has Been Formatted Before? / My Dell Studio 1535 Battery Is Not Charging, Can Anyone Help Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Dell Laptop Has A Problem by gameaddict(m): 11:15am On Oct 31, 2009
Guys, i need a lasting solution to this. My DELL INSPIRON E1505 laptop has a big problem. I'm operating on win xp and the laptop uses a dual core processor with 1.6 ghz. The ram is one gig and everything has been running smoothly till last month. I used to be able to play games like PES 09 and others on it and everything was working fine.
Last month i noticed the laptop was beginning to run slower and hung on several occasions.
I recently posted a topic concerning it and was told to format it or use another OS.
I formatted and reinstalled the win xp but the problem is still persisting. Sometimes when i check the speed, it displays 5.3 ghz or even speeds like 38.5 ghz instead of 1.6 ghz. Please i need to know if the processor has a problem or what the problem is so i can fix it as soon as possible.
Please i need your answers and nobody should suggest getting other Operating systems unless they can run nice games.
Re: Help! My Dell Laptop Has A Problem by sophianah(f): 10:29pm On Oct 31, 2009
GAME ADDICT, UR LAPTOP IS NOT MEANT FOR PLAYING GAMES, AS LONG AS U WANT TO BE PLAYING GAMES ON THE LAPTOP, DONT MAKE ANY COMPLAINT,
U ARE THE ONE DAMAGING UR LAPTOP, U ARE SPOILING THE MEMORY
Re: Help! My Dell Laptop Has A Problem by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:08am On Nov 01, 2009
Ah i rmbr u, n i dont rmbr telling u to get anor os!
Hmmn, now dt u and ur advisers have succeeded in foolin urselves, maybe u shld go back 2 that thread n read carefully, cos quite clearly u didnt 4llow d reasonable tips given 2u dere. U pple jst always blive formatting cures all like beheading cures headaches.

Suffice 2 say, u are about 2 hav hardware failure, hopefully just 1.
I dunno if dell bios has diagnostic tools, if it has, use it. Or else u could use external ones.

Personally i thinj its ur hard drive or ram or both. But of course u need 2 diagnose. I rmbr tellin u dt u be prepared 2 buy a new hard drive! Processor no dey spoil like dt n even at dt it wont be a gradual thing. But right now d stress u givin it 2 compensate 4 d oda bad parts is killin it.

Anyway, d advice is free, so ur on your own!
Re: Help! My Dell Laptop Has A Problem by DonatusU: 3:49pm On Nov 01, 2009
Dell laptops are strong even to use it to play games. The mistake you made was to reformat the system. Dell normally put Factory Restore points where you can restore the system to the original factory settings. maybe you'll try reloading th Os Sorry
Re: Help! My Dell Laptop Has A Problem by gameaddict(m): 5:18pm On Nov 01, 2009
@ 4llerbuntu
chill man, i didn't mean any insult to anyone with the os comment. I was trying to notify anyone who might suggest it that gaming was the priority.
I went to comp village on friday to get a new one but my dad was in a hurry and i had go for my lectures at unilag. I discovered the one the seller was trying to give me did not have nvidia or ATI radeon video card. So i decided to wait till next week.
I'll try adding linux to the new pc. Hope this wont cause problems on win 7.
PS: I tried some of the solutions before formatting. It still didn't work and that was why i formatted it. I'll make sure i take care of the new one better,  Does anyone know where i can get Gears of war for pc?

(1) (Reply)

Computer Center Business Profit / Female Secretary And Male Office Assistant Needed @ Yaba/ebute Metta / Is Skype Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.