Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card (38084 Views)

Wole Soyinka Battled With Prostate Cancer / Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. / Wole Soyinka: "I Will Tear My Green Card If Donald Trump Wins" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by WILL888(m): 1:35pm On Nov 09, 2016
Nnew:
afonjas and double face be like bread and butter

U are a real mo-ron. I'm a confirmed Afonja and I supported Trump. Mind you, not everyone one supporting crooked Hilary is Afonja.
Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by CandyDiamond(f): 1:35pm On Nov 09, 2016
obisdavinc:
sometimes is good to close mouth and watch how things go, including our prophets and pastors
Is there any prophet in Nigeria, all they know is to collect their members 10% income with threatening them with hell fire in order to buy private jet,[/b]I love Catholic Church[b], one of the few genuine church of Christ.
Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by sekundosekundo: 1:35pm On Nov 09, 2016
OkoYibo:

The way your cursed ancestors trekked to Africa after being banished from Israel for betraying Jesus Christ.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by mosisadez(m): 1:36pm On Nov 09, 2016
Start the tearing
Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by Emassive(m): 1:37pm On Nov 09, 2016
Prof Proff. When is your flight sir?
Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by Andyoputa: 1:37pm On Nov 09, 2016
nigerians are ignorant,donald trump said that he repatriate those who did not come through the right way,means those who over stayed their visas and the mexicans who came in without visa.illegal immigrants.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by one4GOD(f): 1:39pm On Nov 09, 2016
ProfEmmanuel:
Lol. The result shocked alot of people across the world.
Me especially
Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by stsinner: 1:42pm On Nov 09, 2016
preetypam:
na so...nigerians got no chills and they never forgets

1 Like

Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by CentaurX(m): 1:43pm On Nov 09, 2016
When next Woke Soyinka says something

2 Likes

Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by OkoYibo: 1:44pm On Nov 09, 2016
[quote author=sekundosekundo post=50895747][/quote]

Lol.

U no well.
Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by Irepib(m): 1:44pm On Nov 09, 2016
Canada they there Jare or Australia Na by force USA abegiii
Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by Princewell2012(m): 1:47pm On Nov 09, 2016
Ovokoo:
No Nigerian with a green card would do this. Soyinka said thi out of turn because never in his wildest imagination did he think Trump was going to win. These days you can't be sure of the turn of events because people have become mavericks of some sort.

You're right sir. Nobody can believe that anybody can ever beats any seating president. Goodluck and buhari comes to mind.

Only God knows the future.
Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by sekundosekundo: 1:49pm On Nov 09, 2016
OkoYibo:

Lol.
U no well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by odada74: 1:49pm On Nov 09, 2016
NA SO E EASY .... HE WOULD CHOOSE .... HE CANT WITHSTAND NIGER PLEASURE .

... RATHER TREASURE......

NO NA.
PRESSURE. HE BETTER NO RETURN HERE
Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by bams2999(m): 1:51pm On Nov 09, 2016
Prof Wole Soyinka deserve some respect pls Nigerians
Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 09, 2016
y'all are actually saying shit
Prof Wole Soyinka is a nobleman and he would stand by his words ,doesn't cost him a thing..
I wonder why y'all are talking like he won't do it ,this is a man that is 70+ ,what does he want to see again in this world ,nothing about america can freak him again ,he has seen it all,obasanjo tore his PDP membership card because he felt he is an elder and can't be dragging with his juniors,he's successful and once you are with time ,nothing would freak you ...
its now left for y'all saying he should have shut up to work hard and be successful till nothing freaks you anymore !
Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by Ovokoo: 1:54pm On Nov 09, 2016
Princewell2012:

You're right sir. Nobody can believe that anybody can ever beats any seating president. Goodluck and buhari comes to mind.

Only God knows the future.
There are loads of similarities between this US election and the election that brought in Buhari. It happened almost the same way. People thought there was no way a sitting Nigerian president will be defeated. Even when results started coming in in favour of Buhari people saw it as initial gra gra but we all saw what happened. In the same vein, people couldn't fathom how a Donald Trump would defeat a Clinton, to the extent that some people were playing to the gallery by saying that they will tear their American green card if it happens. So, we should never say never. Sometimes, it's better to seat, relax and watch events unfold instead of getting involved vocally and be dissapointed.

3 Likes

Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by Amah70: 1:56pm On Nov 09, 2016
Wole Soyimka goofed. He did not speak like a Nobel Laureate.

Hussein Obama engineered Muhammadu Buhari's emergence as president of Nigeria. Even when INEC was still counting results of Nigeria's 2015 presidential election, Hussein Obama 's envoy crossed diplomatic lines and walked into the counting room. When he made sure that the votes were favouring Muhammadu Buhari, that Hussein Obama 's envoy announced to the world that it was the most credible election.

Saner people have given Trump to lead Hussein Obama and the free world.

2 Likes

Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 09, 2016
Deenite:
Am sure wole soyinka capitalised on TB Joshua's prediction with his childish brain
and you Mr 'am sure '
prof sole Soyinka said he would tear it before TB Joshua made his false prophecy
get your facts right before you speak
"childish brain "? a Nobel laurette ?
I pray you come to the realisation of your stupidity and change real quick.
Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 09, 2016
nairalanders are full of haters is america d only place in d world to live? Will a green visa give me eternal life donald trump is a sexist,racist and all things negative to d common black man it doesnt surprise me why the ipob support him so much u can hate all u like,the ownership of nigeria doesnt belong to u
Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 09, 2016
afraidofCHANGE:
Sometimes i wonder the empty brain called professors in Nigeria......nothing to show for their professorship.....copyright everyehere...plagiarism na dia second name......never see
My God ,
you're deluded and limited to your shallow reasoning ,
go and check his world honours before you talk out of anger my dear,
abi dem dey do Nobel Laurette prize ojoro?,
the way y'all talk shaa...
reach someone's height of education or success before you open your mouth
Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by Forwetinnah: 2:03pm On Nov 09, 2016
His "green card" just turned RED for Trump...Donald, mbok help us send him back!!
Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by redsun(m): 2:12pm On Nov 09, 2016
Why would any fulfilled African like him careless about American greencard? Greencard or not,he will still be able to "teleport" himself to any part of the world whenever the needs arises. The Africans that sulks up to west as a do or die thing are obviously the losers that can't make a home of their lands. Those that are fundamentally displaced by the thieving and irrational African ruling elite and does not have the guts ro fight back and reclaim their right to live comfortably in their lands are the ones that will kiss stinking asses to hold on to greencards that legitimises their self imposed slavery in oyinbo land.

What happened in America has set the world hundreds of years back and it won't be too long before it's cataclysmic effects will start showing its ugly faces. Neonazis are democrazically taking over the world,while the good people are looking helplessly and sheepishly.
Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by okonja(m): 2:16pm On Nov 09, 2016
grin

Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by hassanvic(m): 2:21pm On Nov 09, 2016
In as much he can emotionally said that like some people claimed, I'm expecting him to equally do same with that emotion.
Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by LorDBolton(m): 2:28pm On Nov 09, 2016
three:
A number of people we look(ed) up to have surprised us with their diverse versions of change

Case in Point Mr. Ogunlesi https://www.nairaland.com/3441679/tolu-ogunlesi-explains-how-sometimes trying to explain away corruption!

Telling us there are different rules for different people!

So he even has a Green Card!

It will surprise most to know just how many so-called 'activists' have dual citizenships and maintain dual passports.

They have sorted out their 'Plan-B' while the masses they claim to fight for have no back up plan.

How can you champion a cause and have a 'back-up plan'?

we should all be in this together for real!

Let Uncle Wole tear his Green card and come back to the Nigeria joor!

People Speaking Out Of Both Sides of their MOUTHS!

I watched some biafran agitators cutting up their 'nigerian'passports a while back and laughed... cos it wasn't the E-Passport.

Many people are easily brainwashed
Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by TheRealestGuy(m): 2:29pm On Nov 09, 2016
Nnew:
afonjas and double face be like bread and butter
You and your ilks that liked your post are not okay at all...

Bigot angry
Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by eyinjuege: 2:29pm On Nov 09, 2016
Wole Soyinka is in his 80s I believe. Though still well preserved like a man in his 60s, he's got much less time to spend than what he's already used.

What does he need the green card for again? What exploits does he still want to do in America?

I'm sure he'll want to die at home in Abeokuta or wherever.

So we're expecting him back home..

Meanwhile, on Trump matters. Good luck to him. We pray America is peaceful and prosperous under his tenure. It might just be the best period for Americans.
Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by DeRay98(m): 2:43pm On Nov 09, 2016
People forgets that Wole Shoyinka is Nobel laureate, who can move to live anywhere in the world he chooses to they will gladly give him visa and citizenship if he wants. Trump can't deny him.
Re: US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card by kolaish(m): 3:08pm On Nov 09, 2016
HOUSE. WHAT IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT US GREEN CARD ANYWAY. IS IT BECAUSE OF THE POVERTY LEVEL OF NIGERIANS THAT WE SO VALUE US GREEN CARD? TO HELL, IF I WERE SOYINKA, I WILL HONOURABLY TEAR THE CARD TODAY AND RETURN TO NIGERIA. HE IS A NOBEL LAUREATE FOR GOD SAKE AND HIGHLY RESPECTED. AMERICA NEEDS HIS SERVICES MORE THAN HE NEED AMERICA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Life And A Sixteen-year-old By Lemuel Irabor / Tears Of A Soldier............ A Military War Story / The River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.