Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,681 members, 7,865,735 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:42 AM

The Travails Of A Job Hunt - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Travails Of A Job Hunt (455 Views)

I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day / 5 Things You Can Do To Stay Positive During A Long Job Hunt / Quit The Desperate Job Hunt, If You've Got 3k I'l Help U Get 30k, No Hype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Travails Of A Job Hunt by sirhamilton(m): 10:00am On Nov 09, 2016
Everyone, both employed and unemployed surely has had an experience of what it feels like looking for job. The short story below is an attempt on my part to describe this experience as briefly and colorful as is possible

YES

I once read a quote that said something like: “It doesn’t matter how many 'No's' you get from men, all you need is just one 'Yes' from God”. And it made a lasting impression on me. On days like today, the overwhelming depression I had to stave off begged the question, ‘’when am I going to get a yes?’’. As if in response to the rhetoric, my phone beeped announcing the arrival of a new text message.
As my fingers tapped their way into my inbox I was certain it was the service provider advertising a product or service. My brows shot up in sudden interest as my brain registered it was a customized message.

A smile slowly creased my cheeks when I read the content of the text message for the second time; the interview was scheduled three days from today, I noted. When the security guard had asked me to leave my CV with him I had reluctantly agreed but immediately forgotten about it after I did

As I flung myself on the bed, try as I could, it was impossible to banish the memories from the interview out of my head. I had somehow managed to forget every answer to the likely interview questions I had memorized the previous night. I practically stuttered my way through the interview.

TWO NIGHTS LATER

On the verge of sleeping off, an email jolted me to reality. My sleep-filled eyes lit up as they skimmed through the contents of the mail. They immediately became misty when they saw for the first time who the sender of the mail was.

‘’ I Finally Got a Yes’’. This thought was still bouncing haphazardly off the walls of my mind when I slept off.

END

You just read my entry for the Etisalat Flash fiction award.
We all need a YES at some point in our lives.
Right now I really need your votes to help me get mine.

I must admit the site is a bit difficult to get through so you might have to try a few times before it connects (using UC web or your phone's default browser. It does not work on Google Chrome)

To vote click on the link https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=90 which takes you to my entry ( using UC web or your phone's default browser. It does not work on Google Chrome )

Then click on the thumbs up icon to vote for me.

To vote, zoom In on the thumbs up icon and click( it's easier this way).
Ensure your vote counts by noting an increase in the figures

Thank you very much for your effort

(1) (Reply)

Is These Fraud Or Not, Finding It Hard To Agree And Go For It. Help Guus / Please Am I Need Of A Placement For My I Year Industrial Training / Despatch Riders Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.