Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,939 members, 7,814,179 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Mistake Made During Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Mistake Made During Interview (1541 Views)

Man Finds Out During Interview That His Employer Is Someone He Insulted On Twitt / The Biggest Mistake Made By Industrial Attachment (IT) Students / Any Hope For A Stammerer During Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mistake Made During Interview by shams040(m): 11:39am On Nov 09, 2016
What was dat silly mistake u ever made during interview?

How did u correct it?

Did u get d job?
Re: Mistake Made During Interview by freesinzu(m): 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2016

1 Like

Re: Mistake Made During Interview by Swiftylistic: 12:33pm On Nov 09, 2016
I went for an interview where I was 100% honest, and d interviewee said to be me " you just too honest" and dat attitude of yours is not needed in our organization. cry cry

4 Likes

Re: Mistake Made During Interview by Zirah: 12:40pm On Nov 09, 2016
Interviewer had my CV in hand. I pitched different from what they had. While at it, interviewer immediately noted the discrepancy. I didn't get the job.
Re: Mistake Made During Interview by Zirah: 12:53pm On Nov 09, 2016
Yes. Most times businesses lie but a little to woo customers and beat competition. Unless you were interviewing for an accounting role or something closely related, I think one isn't expected to be completely honest.

Swiftylistic:
I went for an interview where I was 100% honest, and d interviewee said to be me " you just too honest" and dat attitude of yours is not needed in our organization. cry cry
Re: Mistake Made During Interview by Emmaesty(f): 1:57pm On Nov 09, 2016
Zirah:
Interviewer had my CV in hand. I pitched different from what they had. While at it, interviewer immediately noted the discrepancy. I didn't get the job.
That's why it is best to master your CV before going for an interview

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mistake Made During Interview by nmreports: 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2016
Haha haha.
Great thread.
Can't remember for now.
Will share when I do.
Re: Mistake Made During Interview by hurricanesgrace: 3:12pm On Nov 09, 2016
For me the mistake I made was being honest.
Re: Mistake Made During Interview by ednut1(m): 3:30pm On Nov 09, 2016
interviews sighs
Re: Mistake Made During Interview by Zirah: 3:35pm On Nov 09, 2016
Master CV ke. Why would I do that? You only master CV when you're making things up.

Emmaesty:
That's why it is best to master your CV before going for an interview
Re: Mistake Made During Interview by Emmaesty(f): 3:40pm On Nov 09, 2016
Zirah:
Master CV ke. Why would I do that? You only master CV when you're making things up.

Then how come you were saying things that didn't correlate with your cv
Re: Mistake Made During Interview by Zirah: 3:42pm On Nov 09, 2016
I don't owe you that explanation since you were easy to make your own conclusions.

Emmaesty:
Then how come you were saying things that didn't correlate with your cv

1 Like

Re: Mistake Made During Interview by Emmaesty(f): 3:55pm On Nov 09, 2016
Zirah:
I don't owe you that explanation since you were easy to make your own conclusions

Okay smiley
Re: Mistake Made During Interview by ajasa4link: 3:55pm On Nov 09, 2016
I was asked by the interviewer where I see myself in the next two years, and I talked about seeing myself being a top notch professional who is highly revered as being thorough bred at the pinnacle of the industry...blah...blah....blah..

Then it occurred to me the man said 2 years and not 5 years which most interviewers usually ask. grin I come dey twist my way like snake, dey wriggle trying to sha expatiate say I no mean am literally( Cos even the man interviewing me who is a senior manager has probably not gotten to that high sky I was painting)

Good enough for me the man is an understanding fellow and really sensed the fresh graduate ginjah, he even told me its ok that am only being ambitious and nothing stops me from being ambitious. He left the behavioural questions and started asking me core technical questions which I dusted. Got the job sha.

2 Likes

Re: Mistake Made During Interview by Ojestas(m): 4:12pm On Nov 09, 2016
I forgot to smile. .
Re: Mistake Made During Interview by MilesLamar(m): 4:50pm On Nov 09, 2016
not telling you
Re: Mistake Made During Interview by toyese01(m): 6:00pm On Nov 09, 2016
Reducing age, so was now too young for the job grin grin[color=#550000][/color]
Re: Mistake Made During Interview by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 09, 2016
toyese01:
Reducing age, so was now too young for the job grin grin[color=#550000][/color]

hehehe,fraudster.
Re: Mistake Made During Interview by engrlarex(m): 6:47pm On Nov 09, 2016
I went for an interview where they are into telecoms, marine and Instrumentation and control. So they asked what is my strength, naxo i begin say Control and instrumentation actually I took control courses through my final course of study, at a point I also said telecoms.. so dey said I should tell dem what I know about the two.. but to me I don't have any strength coz I can cope very well in both, telecoms courses I took I scored over 88 in as well as control courses. eventually I was given the offer sha...
Re: Mistake Made During Interview by Donpizzle(m): 7:21pm On Nov 09, 2016
I was offered a handshake and I was like "keep your dirty hands to yourself". I got the job undecided
Re: Mistake Made During Interview by OgidiOlu3(m): 7:41pm On Nov 09, 2016
Donpizzle:
I was offered a handshake and I was like "keep your dirty hands to yourself". I got the job undecided
Hmmm...Lion King. Kontinuu Simba sad

(1) (Reply)

SISA Travels Interview Invite / Hotel And Hospitality Industry Jobs / Vacancies / Unable To Create Npower Account Due To Bvn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.