Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,603 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Help, My Car Is Not Starting - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help, My Car Is Not Starting (951 Views)

Where The Phrase The Car Is Just "Turninoninown" Came From! / The 2017 Mazda Vision Car Is The Most Beautiful Sedan You've Ever Seen (photos) / Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Car Is Not Starting by 500samuel(m): 6:24pm On Nov 09, 2016
my Toyota 1998 is giving headache. it all started last week, I tried starting the car but no way so I guess it was security until a rewire came to check it alas the car started working after just checking the plug. I asked the guy but he told me that the car is perfect same that I should not worry. but the same thing happened four days after and I did what he did and the car worked but the second day the same thing happened again but this time no way. after two days of not touching the car went to do the same thing and the car start working again....plz what is happening to my ride? for some time now I have been observing that the way the car starts is not good enough because it slows but I don't care about it until now that it became issue
Re: Help, My Car Is Not Starting by Itulah(m): 7:06pm On Nov 09, 2016
Your vehicle is OBD compliant, have it scanned first, so you know what the exact problem is.
Re: Help, My Car Is Not Starting by mayor2013: 7:42pm On Nov 09, 2016
500samuel:
my Toyota 1998 is giving headache. it all started last week, I tried starting the car but no way so I guess it was security until a rewire came to check it alas the car started working after just checking the plug. I asked the guy but he told me that the car is perfect same that I should not worry. but the same thing happened four days after and I did what he did and the car worked but the second day the same thing happened again but this time no way. after two days of not touching the car went to do the same thing and the car start working again....plz what is happening to my ride? for some time now I have been observing that the way the car starts is not good enough because it slows but I don't care about it until now that it became issue

By the time that rewire of yours rewire the head of that car you would know that your car is 0bd2 complaint and can be scanned to safe all this hassles of coming to play with your spark plugs every day. By the way what toyota are we talking about here?
Re: Help, My Car Is Not Starting by 500samuel(m): 8:02pm On Nov 09, 2016
mayor2013:

By the time that rewire of yours rewire the head of that car you would know that your car is 0bd2 complaint and can be scanned to safe all this hassles of coming to play with your spark plugs every day. By the way what toyota are we talking about here?

Toyota cambry 1998 model
Re: Help, My Car Is Not Starting by 500samuel(m): 8:14pm On Nov 09, 2016
where can I get it scanned in Ekiti
Re: Help, My Car Is Not Starting by mayor2013: 8:25pm On Nov 09, 2016
500samuel:

Gov fayose's house grin

6 Likes

Re: Help, My Car Is Not Starting by Itulah(m): 4:47am On Nov 10, 2016
500samuel:

If you can't find where to scan, why no buy one for yourself, they are very cheap nowadays. You can place order on jumia or other online platform. You will get newer version from 12-17k or less.
You can as well ask any Mechanic around you, they should be able to show you who among them with vehicle scanner.

Good luck!!
Re: Help, My Car Is Not Starting by ironheart(m): 8:24pm On Nov 10, 2016
Kindly download your vehicle repair manual, trace all the wires and and make sure they are connectedas they should.
Re: Help, My Car Is Not Starting by 500samuel(m): 10:02pm On Nov 10, 2016
ironheart:
Kindly download your vehicle repair manual, trace all the wires and and make sure they are connectedas they should.

tnx bro
Re: Help, My Car Is Not Starting by chillex8(m): 11:57pm On Nov 10, 2016
500samuel:

tnx bro

Tell me you are joking
Re: Help, My Car Is Not Starting by ironheart(m): 5:22am On Nov 11, 2016
500samuel:

tnx bro
one more thing, scan the car after doing a trace. And if your scanner cannot read the ECU, pull out the ECU, get a screwdriver, open it n do a physical check on the board. It may interest you to know that all the cut and join electrical connection by the so called rewires may have done some damage to your ECU. Find attached, picture of my ECU and some damaged transistors. Transistor T802 and T804 are toast. This is one reason not to mess with wiring of your car. Though the car runs but the rpm is quite high n comsums a lot of petrol.

Like mayor just said be careful with those rewires

Cc mayor2013

Re: Help, My Car Is Not Starting by 500samuel(m): 7:24pm On Nov 11, 2016
ironheart:
one more thing, scan the car after doing a trace. And if your scanner cannot read the ECU, pull out the ECU, get a screwdriver, open it n do a physical check on the board. It may interest you to know that all the cut and join electrical connection by the so called rewires may have done some damage to your ECU. Find attached, picture of my ECU and some damaged transistors. Transistor T802 and T804 are toast. This is one reason not to mess with wiring of your car. Though the car runs but the rpm is quite high n comsums a lot of petrol.

Like mayor just said be careful with those rewires

Cc mayor2013

is that all tnx

(1) (Reply)

Google Introduced Android Auto App For Cars (photos) / Importation From Cotonou / This N720m Limousine Can Move On Land And Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.