Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,140 members, 7,852,885 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:55 AM

Globacom,false Promises And Their Poor Customer Service- My Experience - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Globacom,false Promises And Their Poor Customer Service- My Experience (420 Views)

Poor Customer Service In Access Bank Otukpo / Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix) / Poor Customer Service By UPS Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Globacom,false Promises And Their Poor Customer Service- My Experience by tjay01(m): 10:13pm On Nov 09, 2016
Globacom is currently one the leading telecoms provider in Nigeria today. It currently boasts of over 34million subscribers in and outside Nigeria.

Though, it is expected that occasionally there would be customer service related issues, one will expect a brand that prides itself as being "unlimited" to have an effective platform where customer issues and complaints are promptly resolved. This will boost confidence and in turn attract more customers by way of referrals. Unfortunately, this is not the case and I will share my most recent experience.

Last thursday, 3/11/2016 at about 9. 30pm, I loaded 2k airtime and activated the Glo campus data plan which entails 2gb data, 2. 5gb on campus, N2000 free airtime +500mb to gift. I had planned to make a number of calls the following day and I felt 4.5gb worth of data should suffice for the new month since I didnt exhaust the 7. 5gb plan i activated the previous month but little did I know I was in for the biggest SCAM ever.

After activating the plan, I tried calling a glo line but I was told i was having insufficient balance. Immediately i checked my balance and called their customer service. After about 20 minutes, a lady picked up my call and after explaining to her, she told me I could only use the 2. 5gb on campus and told me I needed to have a minimum balance of N100 before i could use the N2000 free airtime and it was only valid for glo to glo lines. I asked why it wasnt mentioned at the point of subscription that the N2000 airtime is only for glo to glo but she said I should have inquired further, I asked if it was possible to revert it/switch like in Airtel but she said no so I accepted my fate.

Next, I recharged my line using my mobile app and made a glo to glo call. No sooner had i dropped, than a message appeared showing a balance of N53.

I waited till the following morning an called customer service. This time, a lady picked up and I explained to her. She advised me to drop and dial *606#. I ended the call and checked but there it was blank. I called again and someone else picked, I narrated everything and after checking his system, he advised remove my battery, replace after 5 mins and dial *122#. This sounded awkward but still I did as instructed but still it was blank.

At this time, I was already upset and called again. As usual, it took over 30 minutes before my call was picked and i narrated the story to the service rep all over again. He noted my complaint and assured me that my issue will be resolved later that day.

I later got a text that the issue will be resolved within 48 hrs.

72 hours later, I got a message that the case had been resolved and much i tried calling another glo line but still it the status quo remained.

I called again and was again promised that it would be resolved later that day(monday).

This morning I called again, it took me 25 minutes of waiting before the rep picked and when he eventually did, I vented my anger and asked to speak to his supervisor. Eventually i got talking to his supervisor, Ada, whom I asked for her full name but she wasnt willing to disclose, I insisted but she declined and asked me to go ahead with my complain so she could attend to other things. I perceived her as being rude and with an attitude because of the way she spoke but still i explained all that happened only for her to say ok and hung up on me.

I was so angry and called again, when my call was picked, I specifically asked the rep to transfer me to Ada, but he insisted on finding out the issue and after explaining, he transferred me to Fortune Agor, who after listening to my complaint asked me to hold on but later hung up on me the second time.

I tried to reach them again and after waiting for up to 40 minutes with no success, i ended the call.

There was no attempt to reach me by any of the reps/supervisors and the issue has not still been resolved.

This is unfair considering the amount of time and energy wasted in trying to resolve a simple complaint.

As i speak, I have not been been access the 2. 5gb promised. I was informed by one of their staff that I wont be given the 2. 5gb data as promised but I will be charged less whenever am on any Nigerian campus. How outrageous!

I also tried gifting the 500mb data using the *606# code but to no avail.

I just cant understand.

When will our network providers be honest?

When will their customer service reps learn to stop "over promise and under deliver" syndrome?

When will they stop defrauding us by charging us for caller tunes, unsolicited messages we didn't subscribe for? (Other networks are guilty of this as well)

When will they employ more staff so that we wont have to waste 1 hour waiting for the customer service rep whenever we have a complaint to make?

I demand better service.

I pray this gets to appropriate authorities and they do something about it.

A concerned customer. (07057796904)

(1) (Reply)

Pure And Virgin Coconut Oil For Sale / How To Get Free Uber Rides / Can Someone Help Me With This Software Explaindio Video Creator 2.0 Cracked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.