Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,383 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 (38956 Views)

Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market / Dss Raids Makes Naira Stays Firm At N465/$1 / DSS Arrests 40 In Kano Bureau De Change Raid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by jeeqaa7(m): 9:59am On Nov 10, 2016
who send em?

2 Likes

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by PaulIdu: 9:59am On Nov 10, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Good One.....

Please what exactly is good about this stone Age forex control method

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 10, 2016
When did DSS becomes CBN? DSS and raid upandan are like 5 & 6

7 Likes

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by tonio2wo: 10:03am On Nov 10, 2016
If this is not dictatorship, I dont know what it is.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by cardoctor(m): 10:03am On Nov 10, 2016
saintkel:
Everything under dis administration has got to do with d DSS, nawa o

Maybe Baba cant trust the Police anymore.
Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by Miles300: 10:04am On Nov 10, 2016
OmidinaOlayemi:
Abeg which kain stone age forex control method be this. My yoruba brain is not understanding.
hahahahahahahaha , guy Abeg na the method sure pass now , it's long overdue..
Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by bumi10(m): 10:09am On Nov 10, 2016
hahahahahahaha

I do not understand this government for God seek. How can this be a welcome development as some people claim it is? How can a government force a market to sell at a particular rate via DSS?

Are we in a military regime? Were you super impose your law on people? This is a free market and ones it is competitive, the dollars will fall naturally. You make a bad economic policy and tell banks no to sack workers to stay in business and now BDC This is simply madness.

5 Likes

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by modath(f): 10:09am On Nov 10, 2016
HtwoOw:
Sooner they stabilize prices the better

Most traders bdc or not always want more and more profit even at the peril of everybody else

The same measure used for controlling fuel price should be used here as well otherwise they will force the economy aground then start buying cash in containers on farm lands

These are 2 different scenarios, I hope you know?

989900D:
We are our own enemies. We are a special kind of stupid. We are a special scenario, needing special approach.
OTOH, the below ab initio . . . for a while, will be a good way to break the stronghold of saboteurs.

We may be our own enemy but nothing good can come out of this.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by davibid: 10:11am On Nov 10, 2016
czaratwork:
Ayam not understanding. Are we in millitary era now

Remember the slogan

Once a soldier is always soldiers

shocked

1 Like

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by meforyou1(m): 10:14am On Nov 10, 2016
modsfucker:

Yes, I want it that way. Should they be allowed to be having a field day? where is Lalasticlala sef
is it not a free market? oya they should go and stop abuja landlords from renting 3 bedroom flats for N1.5M

2 Likes

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by bejeria101(m): 10:14am On Nov 10, 2016
Dis zombie govt has a long way to go. So its the job of dullard state service *DSS* to force the dollar price? Awon oponu! God soak una cane for kerosene. Daft inept govt with ear infection.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by Bgorgeous: 10:15am On Nov 10, 2016
Naija can only work under pressure ( force ) DSS thank you when you do the right thing

1 Like

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by 989900D: 10:18am On Nov 10, 2016
modath:

We may be our own enemy but nothing good can come out of this.

The gov't wouldn't fold its arms and watch them breech agreements for free either. They had an understanding with the CBN before getting the dollars from First bank and Travelex (the agreement was N385) . . . Gwadabe the chairman BDCs was all over the press foaming on all available mic, pledging compliance and integrity -- this is a classic case of '419'.

They were given concession for a reason. BTW, I believe the CBN and DSS would have better intel than Nairaland.
This was the same thing Ifeanyi Ubah called out, and asked why the government was watching hands akimbo, while all these go on.

6 Likes

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by NairaMaster1(m): 10:19am On Nov 10, 2016
Idumota and head bridge should be ready

1 Like

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by AfroBlue(m): 10:20am On Nov 10, 2016
about time the law focused on rounding up these currency manipulators causing economic havoc in the country. wink

get every one of them like the famous NL python hunters.

grin
Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by dunkem21(m): 10:21am On Nov 10, 2016
989900D:

The gov't wouldn't fold its arms and watch them breech agreements for free either. They had an understanding with the CBN before getting the dollars from First bank and Travelex. They were given concession for a reason. BTW, I believe the CBN and DSS would have better intel than Nairaland.
This was the same thing Ifeanyi Ubah called out, and asked why the government was watching hands akimbo, while all these goes on.

Did the government ever brother to talk to Ifeanyi Ubah or engage him about his boasts of crashing dollars?

1 Like

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by MicroBox: 10:23am On Nov 10, 2016
Many more sector need to be raid
I don't know what concerns pure water, chicken egg even the so called 1 minute passport with Forex
Anybody taking advantage of this recession will surely be judge by God.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by 989900D: 10:24am On Nov 10, 2016
dunkem21:

Did the government ever brother to talk to Ifeanyi Ubah or engage him about his boasts of crashing dollars?

We are past that actually. He talked eventually. And this DSS sting was part of his recommendation.

1 Like

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by timecapsule: 10:26am On Nov 10, 2016
If GF want the fx to be peg at even #350, let them release dollar and then force the operators to abide, not forcing them to sell below what they bought in black market.
Our Federal Government ......................... I hail unaoooo!!!!

2 Likes

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by KingBish(f): 10:27am On Nov 10, 2016
GO to Google play and download *RADIOS NIGERIA* app and listen to FRESH FM 105.9 over the internet by 10am today (The program have kicked off already) to listen, call in and make meaningful contributions to discussions about MMM.
DO IT NOW!!!!
Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by millhouse: 10:28am On Nov 10, 2016
MMM to be down by force...forex to be pegged by force ...na by force the man take enter the seat ni

1 Like

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by Kingbuhari(m): 10:36am On Nov 10, 2016
Buhari is a clown

1 Like

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by sunkoye: 10:39am On Nov 10, 2016
until the govt understands that their action invites opposite reaction. but how powerful or consequential is the opposite force?....dats a story for another day!

2 Likes

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by afanide: 10:41am On Nov 10, 2016
These guys have gone mad.....
Dont they know their limits

2 Likes

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by baddosky1: 10:42am On Nov 10, 2016
Hahahahahahahahahahaaha! This una "fresident" na funny man i swear!

This is similar to what he did in the days when he military head of state. He sent soldiers to the market to force traders to bring the prices of food items down! grin grin grin

Abeg, WHO ARE THE PEOPLE WHO GIVES THIS MAN ECONOMIC ADVICE?

Oh...what a question....i just remembered....Kermit Adeosun...that simple arithmetic-failing phonetic-speaking dunce! undecided

2 Likes

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by petars: 10:46am On Nov 10, 2016
Common sense should let govt understnd that there are things u don't use force otherwise it gets worse. I think this govt need wisdom, because sometime I wonder wether they think at all before taking steps. As Bible illustrated it that, "a labour of a foolish man werried all of them because tthey don't know how to go to the city" Don't they think those who sell or buy dollar can meet themselves in their homes? So what will gun do about that? When policies are wrong everything will go wrong. U can not plant maize and expect an orange in return during harvest. Only by wisdom a leader can lead well, not by na me sabi pass or by gambbling......may God help.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by mmsen: 10:55am On Nov 10, 2016
OmidinaOlayemi:
Abeg which kain stone age forex control method be this. My yoruba brain is not understanding.

It's the useless Aboki method that leads to regression.

1 Like

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by spartacus11(m): 11:00am On Nov 10, 2016
petars:
Common sense should let govt understnd that there are things u don't use force otherwise it gets worse. I think this govt need wisdom, because sometime I wonder wether they think at all before taking steps. As Bible illustrated it that, "a labour of a foolish man werried all of them because tthey don't know how to go to the city" Don't they think those who sell or buy dollar can meet themselves in their homes? So what will gun do about that? When policies are wrong everything will go wrong. U can not plant maize and expect an orange in return during harvest. Only by wisdom a leader can lead well, not by na me sabi pass or by gambbling......may God help.

you quote bible u quote am in stupidity, why will dey reach agreement with CBN and travelex collect dollar and refuse to sell at the agreed price, no wonder d 16 years of pdp has brought up many stupid people, which other country this kind lawlessness dey for happen even South africa or kenya self, greediness is a diseases and doctors do not treat sickness gentlemanly dey do it by strong antibiotics which act by force if black market wont comply by directive of cbn den dss should force them, if dey still go against dss force den government should immediately ban them totally from operating, full stop enough of wicked people dragging this nation down. if u nor wan sell dollar keep am for ur house.

after all na politicians dey even buy am take carry money run leave niaja how many businesses people dey even fit afford am self

1 Like

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by spartacus11(m): 11:04am On Nov 10, 2016
mmsen:

It's the useless Aboki method that leads to regression.
all thanks to pdp where black market determine exchange rate, abeg name another africa country where dis dey happen when na black market dey determine their exchange rate

all thanks to Charles soludo

so PMB should keep dealing with them by force since dey refuse to abide by the agreement dey reach with CBN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by Theultimate(m): 11:05am On Nov 10, 2016
With this news again! I just remembered a story being told by an elderly man that during Buhari military regime..... you either sell at his(Buhari's) goods fixed price or forfeit your goods to military by selling out your stocks on your behalf.

Some Nigerians are bad though.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by bigx(m): 11:12am On Nov 10, 2016
Re: DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 by onomeasike: 11:12am On Nov 10, 2016
PaulIdu:

Please what exactly is good about this stone Age forex control method
These economic saboteurs are breaking the law, they are being arrested and you are still asking silly question. Should we live them as channels looters use to sell their stolen funds at illegal and prohibitive price so that you and your ipob brothers can turn round and blame Baba? Clearly you are one of the plaques of this Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Tell Your Friend What You Do Online That Gives You Money / I Want To Start Poultry Business Broiler Or Layer Which Is The Best? / Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.