Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market (18401 Views)

FOREX: FG Orders CBN To Abolish Parallel Market - Leadership / DSS Arrests 40 In Kano Bureau De Change Raid / DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by MissEdified(f): 10:42am On Dec 22, 2016
The President of Bureau De Change Operators of Nigeria (ABCON), Alhaji Aminu Gwadabe has hailed the newly proposed abolition of the parallel market.

“The scrapping of multiple markets outside the purview of the CBN will be a welcome development.

“The existence of multiple rates is highly unacceptable,’’ Gwadabe said.

The Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun on Tuesday while speaking during an economic conference in Abuja said the CBN has promised to do something by putting a system in place to eliminate the black market because it was damaging the economy after direction from President Muhammdu Buhari-led federal government.

The CBN’s Acting Director, Corporate Communications, Mr. Isaac Okorafor, said the Apex Bank was working towards “ensuring that the forex market operates as effectively as we would envisage”.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/bureau-de-change-operators-react-to.html

cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 22, 2016
What do Nigerians stand to gain in all these?

1 Like

Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by TeamSimple(m): 7:12am On Dec 23, 2016
I hope it affects the Naira positively.

2 Likes

Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by Oildichotomy(m): 7:13am On Dec 23, 2016
The Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun on Tuesday while speaking during an economic conference in Abuja said the CBN has promised to do something by putting a system in place to eliminate the black market because it was damaging the economy after direction from President Muhammdu Buhari-led federal government.
Don't you just like this government?
•GEJ damaged the economy
•Low Oil prices damaged the economy
•Niger Delta Militants damaged the economy
•Lack of Forex damaged the economy
•High cost of manufacturing damaged the economy
•Now Black market damaged the economy

The excuse and blame list from Buhari and his noise makers is growing in leaps and bounds except themselves of course,

I have a radical advice for them, they should all resign and allow the country to auto-pilot itself, not that any Nigerian is feeling the government effect anyways!

114 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by itunesgiftcard(m): 7:13am On Dec 23, 2016
Another stupid trial and error policy

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by waveskaaya(m): 7:13am On Dec 23, 2016
who dem epp?

1 Like

Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by laprince(m): 7:13am On Dec 23, 2016
Ok
Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by Ebimablog: 7:14am On Dec 23, 2016
Why do I think this is practically impossible?

8 Likes

Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by signature2012(m): 7:14am On Dec 23, 2016
Hmm
Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by Themandator: 7:14am On Dec 23, 2016
It will not stand and the reason is because majority of the payers are from the 95% corner of the country.

1 Like

Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by gbaskiboy: 7:15am On Dec 23, 2016
who they epp. kolewerk
Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by julimax(m): 7:15am On Dec 23, 2016
How did we get Here?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by Samchelsea(m): 7:15am On Dec 23, 2016
Wake me up when $1 becomes #1 as the All promise Canceled baba in the other room of aso rock promised us.

13 Likes

Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by CaptainBomb(m): 7:15am On Dec 23, 2016
Abokis too dey react? Tooor

1 Like

Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by noble71(m): 7:15am On Dec 23, 2016
Trial and Error method!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by muyiwadavid(m): 7:16am On Dec 23, 2016
I pray it didn't double d present exchange rate in few weeks to come

1 Like

Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by jjcena(m): 7:16am On Dec 23, 2016
This people just de do Nigeria like say dem be lab rats for experiment.

4 Likes

Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by Clone2020(m): 7:16am On Dec 23, 2016
If you are in the US or have relatives in the US trying to send money to naija, I will exchange the funds at 410/$, simply deposit into my US bank account and receive instant funding into your Nigerian account. Don't bother with western Union and co, they exchange at 375/$ with fees and the exchange rate drops to around 345/$.

See my contact below.

1 Like

Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by chumaster(m): 7:16am On Dec 23, 2016
This government is just playing dice. Unprecedented!

4 Likes

Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by sakalisis(m): 7:17am On Dec 23, 2016
Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by Atiku2019: 7:17am On Dec 23, 2016
wink
Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by Oblitz(m): 7:17am On Dec 23, 2016
grin
stamped concrete at affordable rate. This week I'll be charging #5k per Square metre. hurry before I change my mind grin

1 Like

Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by kelvz(m): 7:17am On Dec 23, 2016
Hmmm check out my siggy guys
Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by RatedStar: 7:18am On Dec 23, 2016
just observing our dear country and hope for the best
Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by almarthins(m): 7:19am On Dec 23, 2016
Love Machine:
What do Nigerians stand to gain in all these?

A lot, the advent of parallel market(black market) had nt really improve our lot, it only brought unfortold hardship. Only a governt of foolhardy will substain such outrageous policy. Did u know it made many foreign currency traders millionaires this year.

8 Likes

Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by Whytelyon(m): 7:19am On Dec 23, 2016

I see it as a welcome development, at least every company who's registered can get the price of dollar for normal bank rates. Not buying a dollar for almost 500 Naira, its a good one, if implemented correctly.

7 Likes

Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 7:19am On Dec 23, 2016
TeamSimple:
I hope it affects the Naira positively.

Of cause not! What were you thinking? It will lead to dollar scarcity hence causing hike in exchange rate.

3 Likes

Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by lifestyle1(m): 7:19am On Dec 23, 2016
Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by takenadoh: 7:20am On Dec 23, 2016
if you have Bureau de change littered everywhere like Fast-food joints or filling stations, there will be no need to patronize black market or if the banks didn't have all these restrictions and one could just walk in and change to any currency needed like its done in advanced countries, the Black market will die a natural death.

but when you see pple hiding and exchanging dollars like it is contraband ,what do u expect?

[url]thenaijalisting..com[/url]

15 Likes

Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by wisehuman156(m): 7:20am On Dec 23, 2016
At first they used DSS but it didn't go as planned, now lets see what the have next

7 Likes

Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by Immorttal: 7:20am On Dec 23, 2016
Trial and error system of government. i cant even purchase something again with my card, my own money. indeed this is is zoo aka hellfire.

1 Like

Re: Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market by MayorMgbedike(m): 7:21am On Dec 23, 2016
How did I end up in here?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Motorcycles (Okadas) Banned Nationally From December 31, 2011? / Biggest Consumer Markets In Nigeria: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Ibadan, PH - BI / My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.