Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,746 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. (17310 Views)

FRSC: Using Google Map While Driving Is A Serious Offence / Five Simple Things To Do When You Lose Your Brakes While Driving / Driver Covers Himself With Umbrella While Driving An Open-roof Benz In The Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 11, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
Ko ni da fun e
Aye e ma baje ni
Ki o ya la oju e ni o
Abi oju e fo ni
Iya la iya e
Olori buruku ni e
You are a very stupid man
Na God go punish you

Welcome to lagos traffic grin
im sick of Lagos. do u know any pleasant and religious state in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by dangotesmummy: 7:26am On Nov 11, 2016
We're not civil in this part of the world in anything at all

Driving On the road cursing
you want to buy stuffs in the market cursing
no change cursing
yo want to get down from the bus cursing
agbero wants to collect money cursing
you price stuffs without buying cursing

It's just in our psyche. Provocations everywhere

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by dangotesmummy: 7:27am On Nov 11, 2016
wissed:
im sick of Lagos. do u know any pleasant and religious state in Nigeria
ilorin, ife, ekiti,ondo or ilesha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Emassive(m): 7:28am On Nov 11, 2016
You would pull out a Gun at Iwo Road, Ibadan if you have one. Challenge Round about, New Garrage roundabout still under construction will thrill you when you witness the Ibadan madness.

3 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 11, 2016
This thread title sha grin

2 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 11, 2016
dangotesmummy:
ilorin, ife, ekiti,ondo or ilesha
im tired of Yoruba and juju atmosphere. can u recommend any northern state? east is hostile

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Noblesoul123: 7:30am On Nov 11, 2016
okwyee:
Yoruba's, especially Ekiti are the worst with this attitude, every small thing its oloriburuku omo ale..
i live in ilorin now, they dont always curse, they'll just shout at you and tell you to mind the road and drive well (but in a harsh way sha) but its better than hearing oloriburuku especially from those okada people, i almost hit one one day like this na, only God saved him... mtchew
My brother I can relate to this. I have driven in some major cities & towns including Warri, Benin, & Ibadan but Ado Ekiti is a place to avoid. The problem is that its not only an Okada affair. Even elderly drivers behave like formula 1 stunts men & they are ever ready to hurl insults at you

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 11, 2016
Turks:
Lol...Hurling insults still dey okay...

Have you ever been spat on?
Have you ever had objects thrown at you by the driver?

I've had pure water hurled at me by a driver once... cry
lols u insulted his mother?

2 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by dangotesmummy: 7:32am On Nov 11, 2016
sczeska:
Most drivers in PHC skipped driving school classes, they don't trafficate, taxis stop indiscriminately to pick passengers.....they yell at you and abuse you if you horn at them to clear and pick passengers.
They park cars comfortably at the entrance of a U-turn. If you don't have a siren nobody respects you on the road
that one is small na.come to lagos them never park in the middle of the road to strip themselves and fight while causing hold up and then people begin to horn but them no send. If you get down from your car to separate them you're only aggravating matters,they'll face you and begin to fight you. Before you know it it's free for all

Little petty thieves and pick pockets take advantage of the traffic congestion to begin to rob

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by KillJoy62(m): 7:32am On Nov 11, 2016
driving in minna niger state, den all of a sudden dis two vehicles stopped right in the middle of the road to exchange pleasantries, men i was like wat da 4k is going on here, i den honk dem to move or at least get off the road. but dey ignored me. oboy na wen i came out of my ride wit my wife nd my koboko d oda driver saw me nd zoomed off leaving his friend who was so unlucky dat i den descended on, wen he saw me on my full khaki he greeted me. i den confused d bagas life dat he almost abandoned his car....

11 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by vislabraye(m): 7:33am On Nov 11, 2016
ba7man:
was driving along Ikorodu expressway once leaving Ikorodu at a moderate speed on the outer lane and all of a sudden a car turned from the inner lane to the opposite lane without trafficating.

I slammed my brakes hard that the tires squealed till I stopped just shy of hitting that car alongside.

I wound down my window and was like...... "Madam, what are you.... " she suddenly replied me " Shut up!!! you're stupid!!! fool!!!.... ".

I was in shock at her reaction and ignorance..... I just kept quiet and waved her on.

cheesy cheesy . Sorry bro. But the truth is that women drivers can be very funny. They will always want to prove they know or you're trying to intimidate them cos of their gender. There are some good women drivers, though.

3 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by ariesbull: 7:35am On Nov 11, 2016
With all due respect...I don't want to be tribal ..it's a Yoruba thing. Always cursing

Last night, I wanted to reverse my car. As I was doing that ..as with cars my brake failed and I was about to hit a man. But thank lord I didn't

One Yoruba old woman inside came out and started cursing in Yoruba
Oloribruku
Oloribruku whatever

And I wonder why they have this hatred for car users ? And she isn't even the one I wanted to hit

Drive and you see too much curses..

It's crazy ...sometimes I ignore them

2 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by ariesbull: 7:36am On Nov 11, 2016
KillJoy62:
driving in minna niger state, den all of a sudden dis two vehicles stopped right in the middle of the road to exchange pleasantries, men i was like wat da 4k is going on here, i den honk dem to move or at least get off the road. but dey ignored me. oboy na wen i came out of my ride wit my wife nd my koboko d oda driver saw me nd zoomed off leaving his friend who was so unlucky dat i den descended on, wen he saw me on my full khaki he greeted me. i den confused d bagas life dat he almost abandoned his car....

God be with you...you did a good thing

2 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by ariesbull: 7:39am On Nov 11, 2016
dangotesmummy:
that one is small na.come to lagos them never park in the middle of the road to strip themselves and fight while causing hold up and then people begin to horn but them no send. If you get down from your car to separate them you're only aggravating matters,they'll face you and begin to fight you. Before you know it it's free for all

Little petty thieves and pick pockets take advantage of the traffic congestion to begin to rob

The mist annoying is danfo drivers using horn to okay music...maybe they think horn is a musical thing

Driving in Lagos is crazy ..the worst is when there is a small crash...instead of the parties to clear well. They will stay in middle of road cursing and blowing hot grammar

3 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by cnnamoko(m): 7:41am On Nov 11, 2016
Keke man: u dey maaad?
Me: noooo
Keke man: wetin u dey drive?
Me: ma brother na toyota corolla 2008 model

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by ba7man(m): 7:41am On Nov 11, 2016
vislabraye:

cheesy cheesy . Sorry bro. But the truth is that women drivers can be very funny. They will always want to prove they know or you're trying to intimidate them cos of their gender. There are some good women drivers, though.
she nearly killed me and still insulted me on it..... shocking.

2 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by MilesLamar(m): 7:42am On Nov 11, 2016
I shouted " you drive like my grandmother" only to look well and it was an old man... I started greeting " sorry sir. hw was ur day sir"

4 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by blackjah(m): 7:42am On Nov 11, 2016
colossus2:

You need to drive in Benin grin
these ones have not been to lagos before ,

3 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by OsuGanja(m): 7:44am On Nov 11, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

I'm too grown and rich for that

Why would i wanna curse someone out ?? Only kids with no life does that

Lie lie.. Are you not a Nigerian?? if you have a driver he surely insults at some point.........

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by dangotesmummy: 7:45am On Nov 11, 2016
ariesbull:

The mist annoying is danfo drivers using horn to okay music...maybe they think horn is a musical thing

Driving in Lagos is crazy ..the worst is when there is a small crash...instead of the parties to clear well. They will stay in middle of road cursing and blowing hot grammar
LMao. That one too is still small. You never see ndi Yoruba people putting canopy in the middle of a residential road when you're trying to avoid traffic and block the road grin

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by kakaG: 7:52am On Nov 11, 2016
I think Lagos is the worst place so far. Besides exchanging isults, theres usualy drama to keep others in traffic entertained.

One day I was driving around agidingbi when suddenly a man driving one reketi benz hit another expensive car damaging both bumber and rear lights of the car. Instead of apologizing to the driver of the car, he began to reign insults and curses on him in defence. The oga at the owners corner disgusted by this act of wickedness also knowing fully well the man wouldnt be able to fix his car came down, quietly walked to his booth, brought out his wheel spaner, walked passed the crazy driver who was still ranting and smashed both sets of his fore and rear lights.

As he walked passed the other driver, he smilled at him in mockery and asked his driver to drive off living the man holding his head.

Lagos na wa.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by nuesmann(m): 7:53am On Nov 11, 2016
colossus2:

You need to drive in Benin grin
YOU ARE CORRECT.THE TUKE-TUKE DRIVERS THERE ARE TERRIBLE.

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by elmysterio5(m): 7:53am On Nov 11, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

I'm too grown and rich for that

Why would i wanna curse someone out ?? Only kids with no life does that

chai! English is dead...

4 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by thonyrule(m): 7:54am On Nov 11, 2016
Ibadan is really worse, I was talking to a friend after highlighting from a bus one day, the bus driver then tried reversing then I shouted " heheheh eyin yin o da o" then the driver replied "eyin baba re onida" lol, i just laughed cox i wasn't really expecting such reply... Ibadan public transport drivers can be so abusive.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by komek(m): 7:56am On Nov 11, 2016
In Lagos, a deaf and dumb person could speak while trying to abuse those bad drivers. Women and men on glasses especially.
These set of pple are so annoying on the wheels

2 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by repogirl(f): 7:58am On Nov 11, 2016
I don't curse, I just give them a nasty glare. That says it all. angry

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Ivanlxi(m): 7:58am On Nov 11, 2016
Try come drive for Onitsha you go know hw far

2 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Skymiyke(f): 8:00am On Nov 11, 2016
Try North,Zaria to b precise!Ur anger can make u cry!Those dudes are not remorseful at all,d will scratch ur car n wnt tell u sorry,instead d will say 'Allah ne ya Kawo'(Na God bring am)!

2 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Ivanlxi(m): 8:04am On Nov 11, 2016
cnnamoko:
Keke man: u dey maaad?
Me: noooo
Keke man: wetin u dey drive?
Me: ma brother na toyota corolla 2008 model
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Nwodosis(m): 8:04am On Nov 11, 2016
tmanis:
jjj

So true!
Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by ariesbull: 8:05am On Nov 11, 2016
dangotesmummy:
LMao. That one too is still small. You never see ndi Yoruba people putting canopy in the middle of a residential road when you're trying to avoid traffic and block the road grin

Well, that's a story for another day

The curses in Lagos is so much .. what is oloribruku seff?

I just don't get it

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by maximus10: 8:11am On Nov 11, 2016
In Abj everyone can drive even the blind deef and dumb.. una never chi_chun_chin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Much Mileage Is Too Much Mileage? / The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving / How you can process doctor's report for tinted glass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.