Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here - Art, Graphics & Video (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here (70696 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 6:12am On Jun 09, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII:

My Guy, me no be n naija eiva

Say, me likes d landscape n colorful imagery yu kno?

fo whurr u b frum bruddah?

You've 'never' been to Naija? You are missing... the nature is absolutely stunning. Me, I hail from 'Village'... you no see my username? grin
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by Nobody: 6:18am On Jun 09, 2013
Mi tinks dat b women in picture u hav dere
ehh, ladii who bring fake face here also have fake pic of lady wiff long weave ting, but me have alreadii seen before
fake naija ladii yu kno, forum remain infested wif fish fraud
fake ladies on nairaland no eva b anyting remotely real
me no hav time for dis rubbish
fictional ladii be probable stalker
my guy, me no hav eny more time~i must go
fake tings scare me
me no hav time
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by Gbawe: 11:49am On Jun 09, 2013
@Villageboi.

Some nice pics. Great depth of field in some of the pictures. Did you adjust for it? What Camera is your 'poison'? I am quite a keen amateur photographer and also need good shots in a professional capacity. Currently have a Samsung NX20 and Canon 60D but I plan to get the new Samsung nx300. Best 'street' photography tool in my opinion. Outstanding autofocus with great results and colour depth.
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 11:59am On Jun 09, 2013
Gbawe: @Villageboi.

Some nice pics. Great depth of field in some of the pictures. Did you adjust for it? What Camera is your 'poison'? I am quite a keen amateur photographer and also need good shots in a professional capacity also. Currently have a Samsung NX20 and Canon 60D but I plan to get the new Sansung nx300. Best 'street' photography tool in my opinion. Outstanding autofocus with great results and colour depth.

Thank you Gbawe. Yes I did go for a certain DOF with each pic, glad you like them. I have a 7D and 60D (love the flipout screen of the 60D)... but I want a tiny pocket camera too. The funny thing is I only take pics for fun really; it's not that much of an interest... ok I get paid for all sorts of photoshoots even though I'm totally amateur but my main interest really is filmmaking.

I don't want to derail this photo thread so if you right click on my name you can find 'topics' I've started with some short films of mine. Teehee... I'm a wannabe film director lol.
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 12:21pm On Jun 09, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII: Post Some of Photography of Naija wink

LMAO - The closest thing I have to 'Naija' right now - some 'Naira from last trip. Enjoy the macro shot lol.

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by Gbawe: 12:53pm On Jun 09, 2013
VillageBoi:

Thank you Gbawe. Yes I did go for a certain DOF with each pic, glad you like them. I have a 7D and 60D (love the flipout screen of the 60D)... but I want a tiny pocket camera too. The funny thing is I only take pics for fun really; it's not that much of an interest... ok I get paid for all sorts of photoshoots even though I'm totally amateur but my main interest really is filmmaking.

I don't want to derail this photo thread so if you right click on my name you can find 'topics' I've started with some short films of mine. Teehee... I'm a wannabe film director lol.

Then consider a sony nex C3 with a small prime lens eg the 16mm. Probably the best balance of small size, value and excellent picture quality you can get out there currently. My wife has that and I use it sometimes. Very good small camera but you have to get a small prime lens because the kit lens it ships with unbalances the body in use and takes getting used to for effective handling. Unnecessary hassle when you consider that some prime lens are way better than the standard kit lens. Personally, I am set on the Samsung nx300 (with the 30mm prime lens addition ) as my street/mobility snapper but I concede the Sony Nex c3 is smaller while still being capable of very good results albeit with more effort than the Samsung.

You're right about the flip-out screen of the 60D. Great feature but becoming standard now with any fairly serious entry-level dslr. Interesting you are a budding film maker. You can't go wrong with Canon in that regard. I'll check out your short films. Wishing you the best with your endeavors. Having a keen interest in something is always a great start because it means you go further where others lose focus, flounder or turn back.
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 1:20pm On Jun 09, 2013
Gbawe:

Then consider a sony nex C3 with a small prime lens eg the 16mm. Probably the best balance of small size, value and excellent picture quality you can get out there currently. My wife has that and I use it sometimes. Very good small camera but you have to get a small prime lens because the kit lens it ships with unbalances the body in use and takes getting used to for effective handling. Unnecessary hassle when you consider that some prime lens are way better than the standard kit lens. Personally, I am set on the Samsung nx300 (with the 30mm prime lens addition ) as my street/mobility snapper but I concede the Sony Nex c3 is smaller while still being capable of very good results albeit with more effort than the Samsung.

You're right about the flip-out screen of the 60D. Great feature but becoming standard now with any fairly serious entry-level dslr. Interesting you are a budding film maker. You can't go wrong with Canon in that regard. I'll check out your short films. Wishing you the best with your endeavors. Having a keen interest in something is always a great start because it means you go further where others lose focus, flounder or turn back.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Yes Prime lenses are always better than 'stock' lenses... even the really cheap Canon 50mm f1.8 nicknamed the 'Nifty-Fifty' or 'Fantastic-Plastic' is pretty decent. It shot the first model pic with her looking up at me.
Will def look at the small cams you mentioned for something that can always be in a pocket incase I'm not carrying a DSLR.
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 6:20pm On Jun 11, 2013
ceo003: SPAM
Oh boy, will you stop this nonsense here and go to your own thread. Can't you read a title?

Wey mods? I beg come delete this stuff o! Thanks.
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 1:25am On Jun 12, 2013
ceo003: villageboi u dey craze stop all these.. this is a photo thread ok ? bring a buyer n get 25% commission.
You already get thread where you dey sell firewood and people no wan buy. So why you come dey spoil this one wey be, as you sef talk, 'photo thread'?
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 8:35am On Jun 12, 2013
Anyway... back to topic.

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 8:37am On Jun 12, 2013
Old project for a fictional Whisky advert.

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 8:43am On Jun 12, 2013
Tranquil!

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 8:54am On Jun 12, 2013
Proverb

Igbo - Ikuku kuo ahu ike okuko
Yoruba - Afefe ti fe ati ri idi adie

Next best thing as I no see 'living' chicken here lol.

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by 25omega(m): 4:30pm On Jun 13, 2013
here is a picture of everything that goes into making Nigeria's favorite phone The BlackBerry tongue

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 6:42pm On Jun 13, 2013
25omega: here is a picture of everything that goes into making Nigeria's favorite phone The BlackBerry tongue

That's cool to see everything that goes into a phone. Nice pic.
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 8:17pm On Jun 13, 2013
A Before/After pic of my friend.

1 Like

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 6:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
Macro shot of a lens cap ;-)

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 6:36pm On Jun 17, 2013
Playing with this macro lens - 'BadBoy CF card 1000x Speed'. I gotta go shoot stuff with this lens outside!

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by directorsolomon(m): 7:21am On Jun 27, 2013
thought I should go out and do an actual "photo-graphy (writing or painting with light) hehehehe.... here are the results....
all photos where taken at Maryland, Lagos

1 Like

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 12:59am On Jun 28, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^

Nice stuff!

It reminds me of a still from a video for a client - below.

1 Like

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by sixbon2000(m): 9:35am On Jul 03, 2013
A Nikkon D5100 16mp camera is available for sale for N90,000 only. items included are:
18-55mm lens
16gb Transcend Memory Card
1 Rechargeable battery
1 Battery Charger
1 Camera Bag

Never been used. Good as new.

Interested buyers should contact me on 24D2DD7B.
Available to people in Lagos metropolis

Compare prices on jumia.com and konga.com

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by onyewele: 10:07am On Jul 08, 2013
MESSAGE TO MY FRIENDS OUT THERE--------
You can step up in your photography business without editing your pictures and still get a good quality pictures with INKSYSTEM NIGERIA Photo CISS. you can equally own your photo studio with just nothing and that will help you to expand.INKSYSTEM IS reaching out to all photographers with EPSON PX720WD,CISS(Continuous ink supply system) is a device for minimizing printing expense when using an ink-jet printer and a water prove ink.with the water prove ink, water cannot spoil the picture and the picture will stay 100yrs in an album.With Expson px720wd you can print all sizes of picture from A3+ down. for more information contact us Tel:0812525457,0706363774 or visit our web site:www.inksystem.com.ng
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by guseman(m): 7:41am On Jul 09, 2013
I just bought a brand new nikon D 3000 and still experimenting with. I am in love with photography and hope to be a pro soon. Where do I start from? I will upload some shots...am still a learner!
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 8:36am On Jul 09, 2013
guseman: I just bought a brand new nikon D 3000 and still experimenting with. I am in love with photography and hope to be a pro soon. Where do I start from? I will upload some shots...am still a learner!

You have already started. Just keep on taking shots and training your eye. Well done!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply)

517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) / Alex Peter, Nigerian Artist Who Draws With Razor Blade On Wood. Photos / Female Artists Staring At A Nude Man Standing In Front Of Them (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.