Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here - Art, Graphics & Video (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here (70652 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by nrdgeek: 6:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
uj_sizzle: Couldn't get a good angle to snap without d mast getting in d way undecided

Oh nice ... really nice. Beautiful dramatic skies smiley

Rushed out to capture today's sunset - nothing much

4 Likes

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 20, 2013
nrd_geek:

is that really your work? shocked i love it!! cheesy
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
caribchic: ^^ Beautiful, love the winding road with the fallen leaves. Scotland def on my to do list.

why didn't you tell me about this section angry tongue grin
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 11:26pm On Oct 20, 2013
nrd_geek:
Very nice as always. Well done!
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by Nobody: 3:46am On Oct 21, 2013
*Kails*:

why didn't you tell me about this section angry tongue grin

Girl i thought you already knew of every section up in this joint grin

1 Like

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 21, 2013
caribchic:

Girl i thought you already knew of every section up in this joint grin

Ahahaha! No I dont.
Only sexuality, religion. And I used to frequent culture and romance. All others seem brand new to me lol.
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 7:38pm On Oct 21, 2013
*Kails*:

Ahahaha! No I dont. All others seem brand new to me lol.
Una no dey near the TV/Movies section? - https://www.nairaland.com/tv-movies
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by directorsolomon(m): 6:27am On Oct 22, 2013
on a movie location as I take a break from my DoP work chilling by the Riverside in the forest
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by harmbhrosz(m): 9:19am On Oct 22, 2013
nrd_geek: Top: Don't let the Scottish sun fool you, it's winter in January!
Aberdeen beach bathed in wintery sunlight.

Bottom: Snake on hot wires!
Shot in the beauty of twilight. Sometimes, NEPA does it's job in good taste grin

Fabulous shots you've got up there....what camera and lens do you use? Coz the 1st shot(beach part) has got much detail.

I use canon 60D and 18-55mm
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by nrdgeek: 9:16am On Oct 23, 2013
*Kails*:

is that really your work? shocked i love it!! cheesy

Hey thanks and yes, it's entirely mine. Inspired to take that shot after I saw uj_sizzle's work.
It's the backyard at my parents smiley
VillageBoi:
Very nice as always. Well done!

Thank you very kindly. Hope to see some more from you as well wink
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by sixbon2000(m): 9:27am On Oct 23, 2013
Check out the DOF on these shots

1 Like

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by nrdgeek: 10:23am On Oct 23, 2013
harmbhrosz:

Fabulous shots you've got up there....what camera and lens do you use? Coz the 1st shot(beach part) has got much detail.

I use canon 60D and 18-55mm

Many thanks bruv. The pictures with the better detail I shot with Canon T2i (550D).
the less vivid ones with hTc desire S

I only got the 18-55mm and the 50mm 1.8 (nifty fifty) in my arsenal. I shot that with the 18-55mm.
Next acquisition should be either a wide angle prime or a zoom that goes from wide to medium telephoto (maybe a Canon L lens ) tongue
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by nrdgeek: 10:32am On Oct 23, 2013
sixbon2000: Check out the DOF on these shots

Crazy bokeh you got there pardner! DOF looks like its from a telephoto zoom lens?
Hope you'll be posting some more photos too.
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by UjSizzle(f): 1:35pm On Oct 23, 2013
nrd_geek:

Nothing much? You kidding right?? undecided
I love it!!! cheesy
Saved it on my phone...hope you don't mind smiley
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by nrdgeek: 7:41am On Oct 24, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Nothing much? You kidding right?? undecided
I love it!!! cheesy
Saved it on my phone...hope you don't mind smiley

Oh please feel free smiley
You can get the full uncompressed file if you want, it's heavy mb's though cheesy
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by nrdgeek: 8:27am On Oct 24, 2013
Lovers walk on a beach.
Aberdeen beach, Scotland.

Canon t2i (550D) 18-55mm @ISO 100 18mm f/10 1/125sec

2 Likes

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by nrdgeek: 8:31am On Oct 24, 2013
Scottish country side in autumn!
Banchory, Scotland.

Canon t2i (550D) 18-55mm

1 Like

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by harmbhrosz(m): 9:54am On Oct 25, 2013
nrd_geek:

Many thanks bruv. The pictures with the better detail I shot with Canon T2i (550D).
the less vivid ones with hTc desire S

I only got the 18-55mm and the 50mm 1.8 (nifty fifty) in my arsenal. I shot that with the 18-55mm.
Next acquisition should be either a wide angle prime or a zoom that goes from wide to medium telephoto (maybe a Canon L lens ) tongue

Very nice!. Getting my 50mm f/1.4 in the soonest.
Since my 1st experienced lens is 18-55mm, it kinda seems noise friendly, so I keep my ISO at less than 800. Hope the prime 50mm(s) are not that noise friendly.

As for the zoom/telephoto lenses, that will be a later option for me.
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by sixbon2000(m): 12:10pm On Oct 29, 2013
Crazy bokeh you got there pardner! DOF looks like its from a telephoto zoom lens?
Hope you'll be posting some more photos too.
Ur right. i used a 55-200mm lens for the shots

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by Vividprint: 3:26pm On Oct 29, 2013
Your Images are outstanding..
We are currently working on our photlab,
i'm sure we'll like to come do some shoot out prints
and lets have your idea.
Thats coming up very soon,will be in touch then.
Nice job!!
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by Vividprint: 3:26pm On Oct 29, 2013
are they all raw images?
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by sixbon2000(m): 3:47pm On Oct 29, 2013
I shoot Raw then use lightroom and save as jpeg

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by sixbon2000(m): 4:10pm On Oct 29, 2013
more shots

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by sixbon2000(m): 3:52pm On Oct 30, 2013

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by nrdgeek: 4:38pm On Oct 30, 2013
harmbhrosz:

Very nice!. Getting my 50mm f/1.4 in the soonest.
Since my 1st experienced lens is 18-55mm, it kinda seems noise friendly, so I keep my ISO at less than 800. Hope the prime 50mm(s) are not that noise friendly.

As for the zoom/telephoto lenses, that will be a later option for me.

Oh great! The 50mm 1.4 is a stellar lens. The 50mm(s) wont give you noisy pictures at all because you'll be shooting at very wide apertures.
The benefit of wider apertures (f/1.4, f/1.8, f/2. ... ) is that the shutter, as it is opened wide, lets in more light. This means you enjoy:

1. Low light photography - You can shoot photos indoors with or without the use of flash. Pictures are less noisy because your camera does not have to dramatically increase the ISO to over-compensate for light.

2. Blurred background - You'll get softer pictures with out-of-focus backgrounds (bokeh). This is usually desired for beautiful portraits.

I'm quite satisfied with the quality of my 50mm f/1.8 and the 50mm f/1.4 you intend to get is way better than that. I'm sure you'll enjoy the sharp picture and vivid colour quality it's known for.

By the way, you can check out sample pictures from various lens and camera types from this site: http://www.pixel-peeper.com/
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by nrdgeek: 4:42pm On Oct 30, 2013
sixbon2000:
Ur right. i used a 55-200mm lens for the shots

Nice lens for getting up close, great for wildlife. I like the closeness telephoto lens gives to pictures. smiley

Do you shoot Nikon?
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by sixbon2000(m): 5:20pm On Oct 30, 2013
Nice lens for getting up close, great for wildlife. I like the closeness telephoto lens gives to pictures.

Do you shoot Nikon?

Ur right. I use a nikon d5100
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 8:04pm On Oct 30, 2013
nrd_geek:
1. Low light photography - You can shoot photos indoors with or without the use of flash. Pictures are less noisy because your camera does not have to dramatically increase the ISO to over-compensate for light.

So true about not using a flash indoors and still getting a useable photo.

Just showing a 50mm f1.4 before & after pic indoors, night, no flash as I didn't want to disturb the baby. Zero noise reduction in the 'after' pic. It is a pretty good lens. Oh @ nrd geek... I dropped my 50 f1.8 and it died... the nifty-fifty served me well for 3yrs wink

2 Likes

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by harmbhrosz(m): 3:45pm On Oct 31, 2013
nrd_geek:

Oh great! The 50mm 1.4 is a stellar lens. The 50mm(s) wont give you noisy pictures at all because you'll be shooting at very wide apertures.
The benefit of wider apertures (f/1.4, f/1.8, f/2. ... ) is that the shutter, as it is opened wide, lets in more light. This means you enjoy:

2. Blurred background - You'll get softer pictures with out-of-focus backgrounds (bokeh). This is usually desired for beautiful portraits.

I'm quite satisfied with the quality of my 50mm f/1.8 and the 50mm f/1.4 you intend to get is way better than that. I'm sure you'll enjoy the sharp picture and vivid colour quality it's known for.

By the way, you can check out sample pictures from various lens and camera types from this site: http://www.pixel-peeper.com/
Thanks boss! been to pixel-peeper several times *GREAT place for sample images* while most of their images are cats #lol.

Thanks for the little light you threw on the 50mm f/1.4, i'm always inlove with the wonders of prime lenses, can't wait to have mine.
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by harmbhrosz(m): 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2013
VillageBoi:

So true about not using a flash indoors and still getting a useable photo.

Just showing a 50mm f1.4 before & after pic indoors, night, no flash as I didn't want to disturb the baby. Zero noise reduction in the 'after' pic. It is a pretty good lens. Oh @ nrd geek... I dropped my 50 f1.8 and it died... the nifty-fifty served me well for 3yrs wink
nice work bruv! They will look really nice for a 'review'
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by harmbhrosz(m): 3:56pm On Oct 31, 2013
A question for the house pls: What is the difference between DOF(depth of field) and BOKEH?

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) / Alex Peter, Nigerian Artist Who Draws With Razor Blade On Wood. Photos / Female Artists Staring At A Nude Man Standing In Front Of Them (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.