Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,676 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua (5049 Views)

Robert Trump Is Dead! US President’s Younger Brother Dies At 71 / Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings / Robert Mugabe’s 37-Year-Old Rule As Zimbabwean President In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by davodyguy: 10:57am On Nov 10, 2016
It just occurred to me that this election in America is not 100% decided yet. Why and How?

I read something in an article. See excerpts below

'As of late Wednesday, he had 290 to Clinton’s 228. According to the Constitution, chosen electors of the Electoral College are the real people who will vote for president, when they meet on Dec. 19 in their respective state capitals

However, there is nothing stopping any of the electors from refusing to support the candidate to whom they were bound or by abstaining from voting'.

'There’s even a name for it: becoming a “faithless elector.”

Although the idea of the electors trying to reverse the vote is occasionally discussed — such as after the incredibly close 2000 election in which George Bush narrowly beat Al Gore — going “faithless” is exceedingly rare.

Given the high dissatisfaction with Trump among Republicans, a few faithless GOP electors could well go rogue next month.

One Texas GOP elector, Chris Suprun of Texas, told Politico in August that he finds Trump so unpalatable he would consider voting for Clinton on Dec. 19'.

http://nypost.com/2016/11/09/the-one-scenario-that-could-still-get-hillary-into-the-white-house/
Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by davodyguy: 11:02am On Nov 10, 2016
Total Electoral college Votes is 538

Trump 290

Clinton 228.

70 electors will choose not to vote as pledged for Trump, dropping his votes to 220, whilst Clinton maintains her 228 votes already by pledged democatic electors.

Lobatan.

Start praying now for Miracle

Prophet Pastor TB Joshua may be right after all grin

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 11:03am On Nov 10, 2016
consolation of the grieved ( nkasi obi ndi no na afufu)

Trump is POTUS even Hillary has given up na you wey never see American embassy before dey get hope just because of failed prediction of one Lagos Prophet called tb joshua cool

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 11:05am On Nov 10, 2016
[s]
davodyguy:

Trump 290

Clinton 228.

70 electors will choose not to vote as pledged for Trump, dropping his votes to 220, whilst Clinton maintains her 228 votes already by pledged democatic electors.

Lobatan.

[/s]

i love dreams

but remember to take some antibiotics and amaterm
grin
malaria is real grin

6 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by davodyguy: 11:07am On Nov 10, 2016
TheDEVlLHimseIf:
consolidation of the grieved ( nkasi obi ndi no na afufu)

Trump is POTUS even Hillary has given up na you wey never see American embassy before dey get hope just because of failed prediction of one Lagos Prophet called tb joshua cool

Stop your IPOB pathetic sentiment. TB Joshua is More Popular around the world than Nnamdi Kanu and Ojukwu. So stop this hypocrisy. The thread is about Clinton.

2 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by davodyguy: 11:09am On Nov 10, 2016
TheDEVlLHimseIf:
[s][/s]

i love dreams

but remember to take some antibiotics and amaterm
grin
malaria is real grin

Impossible is nothing. We all thought Clinton had this, until the 'deplorables' shocked the world.
IPOB and the looters were so confident GEJ had it in 2015, until they're Jegalised.

Deal with that
Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by drss2(m): 11:10am On Nov 10, 2016
davodyguy:

Trump 290

Clinton 228.

Lobatan.

who did dis to u

grin

6 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by here: 11:11am On Nov 10, 2016
Try to read the provision if both candidates don't make 270,about the provision of who then votes for president and vice....the Senate and House will vote.
Last I checked Republicans own both houses.
The American people have chosen, wish particularly Nigerians can respect that...even the woman has moved on

7 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 11:13am On Nov 10, 2016
[s]
davodyguy:

Impossible is nothing. We all thought Clinton had this, until the 'deplorables' shocked the world.
IPOB and the looters were so confident GEJ had it in 2015, until they're Jegalised.

Deal with that
[/s]
afonja consoling themselves grin
it's allowed
deal with it dude
Trump is POTUS cool
kiss the truth

5 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by davodyguy: 11:13am On Nov 10, 2016
here:
Try to read the provision if both candidates don't make 270,about the provision of who then votes for president and vice....the Senate and House will vote.
The American people have chosen, wish particularly Nigerians can respect that...even the woman has moved on

I'm not sure they're barred from voting the other candidate or are they?

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by davodyguy: 11:14am On Nov 10, 2016
TheDEVlLHimseIf:
[s][/s]
afonja consoling themselves grin
it's allowed
deal with it dude
Trump is POTUS cool
kiss the truth

IPOB. Not yet. Some people still have to vote DEC 19
Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 11:17am On Nov 10, 2016
[s]
davodyguy:

Stop your IPOB pathetic sentiment. TB Joshua is More Popular around the world than Nnamdi Kanu and Ojukwu. So stop this hypocrisy. The thread is about Clinton.
[/s]
This election pained afonja no be small
listen tb joshua have disgraced himself worldwide that's the fact that not even your useless baseless nairaland rants can erase.
no one is dragging popularity with
just live with the pain that Trump is POTUS
and tb joshua disgraced himself

i don't normally speak ill of those that calls themselves men of God if not I'll would have joined the bandwagon to blast him but all i know is that he has been disgraced
kiss the truth

4 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 11:20am On Nov 10, 2016
[s]
davodyguy:

IPOB. Not yet. Some people still have to vote DEC 19
[/s]
shatap there the election has come and go
Trump is POTUS
Clinton has conceded
Americans has moved on
abi you think this is Nigeria where you hope on court miracle grin
noooooo it doesn't work like that in the states.

even your fellow afonja will be laughing at your shallow thinking now cheesy

kiss the truth

7 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by opethom(m): 11:21am On Nov 10, 2016
someone somewhere is high on Osogbo weed

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 11:21am On Nov 10, 2016
here:

you mean afonja

they're like we we not take it grin

4 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by davodyguy: 11:25am On Nov 10, 2016
TheDEVlLHimseIf:
[s][/s]
This election pained afonja no be small
listen tb joshua have disgraced himself worldwide that's the fact that not even your useless baseless nairaland rants can erase.
no one is dragging popularity with
just live with the pain that Trump is POTUS
and tb joshua disgraced himself

i don't normally speak ill of those that calls themselves men of God if not I'll would have joined the bandwagon to blast him but all i know is that he has been disgraced
kiss the truth

Stop this whining and ranting. What I challenged in your pathetic post what the use of the sentimental and tribalistic line 'failed prediction of one Lagos Prophet called TB joshua cool'

I had to tell you whilst Ojuiku and the prisoner Nnnamdi Kanu are local champions, TB J on the other hand is celebrated not only in Lagos, but in all continents.

BTW, i guess you have comprehension challenges. I just posted lines from an article written not by a Nigeria but on this site http://nypost.com/2016/11/09/the-one-scenario-that-could-still-get-hillary-into-the-white-house/

Of course as IPOB, I didn't expect you to do better than you just did.

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by davodyguy: 11:29am On Nov 10, 2016
TheDEVlLHimseIf:
[s][/s]
shatap there the election has come and go
Trump is POTUS
Clinton has conceded
Americans has moved on
IPOB lost tribe. Americans moved on and Thousands were on the streets in diffrennt cities protesting? Or are you in the South Eastern part of Nigeria? May be, you reside in a place where satellite is cut off. Try again.

see this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3457011/lady-gaga-protests-trump-elected She's an American and resident I guess. She hasn't moved on

TheDEVlLHimseIf:

abi you think this is Nigeria where you hope on court miracle grin
noooooo it doesn't work like that in the states.

even your fellow afonja will be laughing at your shallow thinking now cheesy
Reason why I said you have compression issues. That posted i quoted is from Newyork. Deal with that

TheDEVlLHimseIf:

kiss the truth

The truth to be kissed here is that.

Biafra Died in 1967 and Kanu is castrated and IPOB noise makers will do nothing grin

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 11:32am On Nov 10, 2016
[s]
davodyguy:
IPOB lost tribe. Americans moved on and Thousands were on the streets in diffrennt cities protesting? Or are you in the South Esatern part of Nigeria? May be, you reside in a place where satellite is cut off. Try again.

Reason why I said you have compression issues. That posted i quoted is from Newyork. Deal with that

The truth to be kissed here is that.

Biafra Died in 1967 and Kanu is castrated and IPOB noise makers will do nothing grin
[/s]
you sound sooo pain nigga grin
it's normal to protest that's democracy or do you think that it's the useless gworo chewing terrorist in aso Rock this is America where human right is respected
don't worry Clinton will be president of USA i mean United States of Afonja cheesy
hope you're satisfied now?
e pain you sha i can feel it

kiss the truth
Trump is POTUS cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by Stricker321: 11:33am On Nov 10, 2016
davodyguy:
[s]It just occurred to me that this election in America is not 100% decided yet. Why and How?

'As of late Wednesday, he had 290 to Clinton’s 228. According to the Constitution, chosen electors of the Electoral College are the real people who will vote for president, when they meet on Dec. 19 in their respective state capitals

However, there is nothing stopping any of the electors from refusing to support the candidate to whom they were bound or by abstaining from voting'.

Although the idea of the electors trying to reverse the vote is occasionally discussed — such as after the incredibly close 2000 election in which George Bush narrowly beat Al Gore — going “faithless” is exceedingly rare.

Given the high dissatisfaction with Trump among Republicans, a few faithless GOP electors could well go rogue next month.

One Texas GOP elector, Chris Suprun of Texas, told Politico in August that he finds Trump so unpalatable he would consider voting for Clinton on Dec. 19'.[/s]

Oga,

Hillary Clinton has conceded the election already so go and treat your malaria & typhoid.

3 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by davodyguy: 11:35am On Nov 10, 2016
TheDEVlLHimseIf:
[s][/s]
you sound sooo pain nigga grin
don't worry Clinton will be president of USA i mean United States of Afonja cheesy
hope you're satisfied now?

No. I'm not pained. I'm only Stating the obvious. The chances of the electoral voters doing what was highlighted in the OP may be slim, but not 100% impossible. That's it.

The chances of Igbos having Biafra is 10000% impossible. doubt? grin grin grin
Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 11:35am On Nov 10, 2016
Stricker321:

Oga,

Hillary Clinton has conceded the elction already so go and treat your malaria & typhoid.
e pain that guy no be small
he's still no kissing the damn truth of Trump being POTUS

2 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by davodyguy: 11:37am On Nov 10, 2016
Stricker321:

Oga,

Hillary Clinton has conceded the elction already so go and treat your malaria & typhoid.

I'll do that after you've done so grin grin grin grin
Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 11:38am On Nov 10, 2016
[s]
davodyguy:

No. I'm not pained. I'm only Stating the obvious. The chances of the electoral voters doing what was highlighted in the OP may be slim, but not 100% impossible. That's it.

The chances of Igbos having Biafra is 10000% impossible. doubt? grin grin grin
[/s]
you're pained mr just admit it and move on
it does you no good as an afonja
you just sidan for oshogbo slum dey reason American matter grin
trump is POTUS
kiss the truth cheesy

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 11:38am On Nov 10, 2016
[s]
davodyguy:

I'll do that after you've done so grin grin grin grin
[/s]
kiss the truth
Trump is POTUS

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 11:40am On Nov 10, 2016
grin

2 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by davodyguy: 11:40am On Nov 10, 2016
TheDEVlLHimseIf:
[s][/s]
you're pained mr just admit it and move on
it does you no good as an afonja
you just sidan for oshogbo slum dey reason American matter grin
trump is POTUS
kiss the truth cheesy

No I'm not. If Americans can protest in thousands, then something may be wrong with the guy.

What I expect from you is to lead protest to Aso roack for the release of Coward Kanu. That's the only truth here. wink cheesy smiley
Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by Armaggedon: 11:41am On Nov 10, 2016
davodyguy:
It just occurred to me that this election in America is not 100% decided yet. Why and How?

One Texas GOP elector, Chris Suprun of Texas, told Politico in August that he finds Trump so unpalatable he would consider voting for Clinton on Dec. 19'.
electors(senators and hor members) can only vote when there is a tie ie 269/269,

senators and house of reps members are elected with the promise of voting their party incase if they are to elect a president through the electoreal college. No law however pins them to their promise. That is what you just read. Trump won lanslide including both houses. So no need for any of that.

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by davodyguy: 11:42am On Nov 10, 2016
TheDEVlLHimseIf:
[s][/s]
kiss the truth
Trump is POTUS

Yea, until 2017, for Now, It's Obama

Kanu in Kuje prison
Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 11:42am On Nov 10, 2016
davodyguy:

No I'm not. If Americans can protest in thousands, then something may be wrong with the guy.

What I expect from you is to lead protest to Aso roack for the release of Coward Kanu. That's the only truth here. wink cheesy smiley

Nope nothing wrong with him only the loosers are protesting abi you think say na naija wey you go accuse him of rigging grin

Trump is POTUS and the majority wants him

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 11:43am On Nov 10, 2016
[s]
davodyguy:

Yea, until 2017, for Now, It's Obama

Kanu in Kuje prison
[/s]
Trump is POTUS elected not Hillary
kiss the truth cheesy

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by davodyguy: 11:43am On Nov 10, 2016
Armaggedon:
electors(senators and hor members) can only vote when there is a tie ie 269/269,

senators and house of reps memebers are elected with the promise of voting their party incase if they are to elect a president through electoreal college. No lower however pins them to their promise. That is what you just read. Trump won lanslide including both houses. So no need for any of that.

We are saying two different things here.

Electoral college voters are not same and one with the US Congress.
Re: Hillary Clinton May Still Become The US President In 2017. Don't Condemn Joshua by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 11:45am On Nov 10, 2016
Armaggedon:

senators and house of reps memebers are elected with the promise of voting their party incase if they are to elect a president through electoreal college. No lower however pins them to their promise. That is what you just read. Trump won lanslide including both houses. So no need for any of that.
ewwww you just scatter the poor guy's hope with dynamite

pathetic cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kenya's Megaprojects: What Can $50 Billion Do For A Country? CNN / US Loses AAA Credit Rating From Standard & Poor / Russia Is Using Old, Dumb Bombs, Making Syria Air War Even More Brutal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.