Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,764 members, 7,824,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

The Man Who Has Been Predicting Winner's Of America Election Since 1984 (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Man Who Has Been Predicting Winner's Of America Election Since 1984 (Photos) (1158 Views)

Photos Of The Man That Ate Human Faeces With Bread In Oyo (Video) / Lady Slaps Man In Bank, The Man Slaps Her Back As She Staggers. See Reactions / Weird Looking Criminals Across United States Of America (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Man Who Has Been Predicting Winner's Of America Election Since 1984 (Photos) by HQuadreal: 1:15pm On Nov 10, 2016
Prof Allan Lichtman, professor of History at American University has predicted the results of all presidential elections in America correctly since 1984.

And he keeps his record of correct predictions intact.

However, if one goes by Lichtman’s approach then
the election result is more a rejection of President
Obama and the Democratic party than an approval
for Trump.

As Lichtman says here to CBS, presidential elections are “not decided by the turns of the campaigns, the speeches, the debates, the fundraising. Rather, presidential elections are fundamentally reference on the performance of the party holding the White House.

If that performance is good enough, they get four more years. If it’s not, they’re turned out and the challenging part wins.” Lichtman bases his prediction on 13 parametres.

1. Party Mandate :
After the midterm elections, the incumbent party
holds more seats in the U.S. House of
Representatives than after the previous midterm
elections.

2. Contest:
There is no serious contest for the incumbent party
nomination.

3. Incumbency:
The incumbent party candidate is the sitting
president.

4. Third party:
There is no significant third party or independent
campaign.

5. Short-term economy:
The economy is not in recession during the election
campaign.

6. Long-term economy:
Real per-capita economic growth during the term
equals or exceeds mean growth during the previous
two terms.

7. Policy change:
The incumbent administration effects major changes in national policy.

8. Social unrest:
There is no sustained social unrest during the term.

9. Scandal:
The incumbent administration is untainted by major
scandal. 10 Foreign/military failure: The incumbent
administration suffers no major failure in foreign or
military affairs.

11. Foreign/military success:
The incumbent administration achieves a major
success in foreign or military affairs.

12. Incumbent charisma:
The incumbent party candidate is charismatic or a
national hero.

13. Challenger charisma:
The challenging party candidate is not charismatic or a national hero.

Now, with an actual Trump victory, maybe
Lichtman’s ideas can be used to assess the Obama
legacy and its impact on this presidential election.

Source=https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/23/trump-is-headed-for-a-win-says-professor-whos-predicted-30-years-of-presidential-outcomes-correctly/

1 Share

Re: The Man Who Has Been Predicting Winner's Of America Election Since 1984 (Photos) by Kingbuhari(m): 1:39pm On Nov 10, 2016
Mr professor only you sabi your conspiracy theory....
Re: The Man Who Has Been Predicting Winner's Of America Election Since 1984 (Photos) by HQuadreal: 1:40pm On Nov 10, 2016
Kingbuhari:
Mr professor only you sabi your conspiracy theory....
Help me ask am ooo.
Re: The Man Who Has Been Predicting Winner's Of America Election Since 1984 (Photos) by Edwinmason(m): 2:21pm On Nov 10, 2016
i never believe him the day i watched him on CNN
Re: The Man Who Has Been Predicting Winner's Of America Election Since 1984 (Photos) by HQuadreal: 2:23pm On Nov 10, 2016
Edwinmason:
i never believe him the day i watched him on CNN
Eyaaah but now you don believe abi ?
Re: The Man Who Has Been Predicting Winner's Of America Election Since 1984 (Photos) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 10, 2016
TB. Joshua should respectfully consult him

1 Like

Re: The Man Who Has Been Predicting Winner's Of America Election Since 1984 (Photos) by Edwinmason(m): 2:59pm On Nov 10, 2016
HQuadreal:
Eyaaah but now you don believe abi ?
e clear for my eye
Re: The Man Who Has Been Predicting Winner's Of America Election Since 1984 (Photos) by HQuadreal: 4:48pm On Nov 10, 2016
EVILFOREST:
TB. Joshua should respectfully consult him
On Your Own ooo.
Re: The Man Who Has Been Predicting Winner's Of America Election Since 1984 (Photos) by HQuadreal: 4:49pm On Nov 10, 2016
Edwinmason:
e clear for my eye
That Good.

(1) (Reply)

A 16-year-old Girl Left A Cryptic ‘help Me’ Note In Her Room That Was Discovered / Yahoo Boy Releases Maggots Into Runs Girl At A Club / Lady Crushed To Death By Truck After Coming Down from her Car to Take a Walk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.