Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Jonathan Commends Clinton For Conceding Defeat, Says She Showed Great Character - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Commends Clinton For Conceding Defeat, Says She Showed Great Character (416 Views)

Jonathan Congratulates Ghana President Mahama For Conceding Defeat / Jonathan Commends Gambian President, Jammeh, For Conceding Defeat / GEJ Congratulates Donald Trump, Salutes Clinton For Conceding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Commends Clinton For Conceding Defeat, Says She Showed Great Character by clara472: 6:17pm On Nov 10, 2016

Immediate past President, Goodluck Jonathan, has commended USA presidential election candidate, Hillary Clinton, for conceding defeat to her rival, Donald Trump.Trump had yesterday emerged the winner of the fiercely contested US Presidential election.

In a statement, the former President, congratulated Trump and wished the American people well in the choice of the Republican as President.

Jonathan said, “I congratulate America’s choice, President-elect Donald J. Trump, and I also salute Hillary Clinton for conceding. Having taking this route myself, I know it takes great self sacrifice and shows her strength of character. I am very encouraged by Mr. Trump’s words in his victory speech where he said “It is time for us to come together”. This is true not only for America, it is also true for the world at large.

“Finally, I must say that the conduct of the American people during the election was most commendable, as they agreed to disagree and now they are agreeing to unite. They have my best wishes as they carry out this process and may God bless their efforts.”

Source: http://nigerianewsnow.com.ng/2016/11/10/jonathan-commends-clinton-for-conceding-defeat-says-she-showed-great-character/
Re: Jonathan Commends Clinton For Conceding Defeat, Says She Showed Great Character by mustmust(m): 6:23pm On Nov 10, 2016
Just like you showed. Trump and buhari threatened to reject the elections
Re: Jonathan Commends Clinton For Conceding Defeat, Says She Showed Great Character by misreal(m): 6:39pm On Nov 10, 2016
you showed her the way to do it sir.
Re: Jonathan Commends Clinton For Conceding Defeat, Says She Showed Great Character by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 10, 2016
The hero of our democracy.
We the super southerners love you.
Re: Jonathan Commends Clinton For Conceding Defeat, Says She Showed Great Character by doctokwus: 7:34pm On Nov 10, 2016
I actually doubt this man's degrees and intellectual capacity.
So it is a great sacrifice for one to concede an election that the person lost and citizens have made their choice? Wonders shall not cease to end.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Clinton For Conceding Defeat, Says She Showed Great Character by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 10, 2016
doctokwus:
I actually doubt this man's degrees and intellectual capacity.
So it is a great sacrifice for one to concede an election that the person lost and citizens have made their choice? Wonders shall not cease to end.

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Receive This Call Too? / New Sheriff In Town.lets Make D Change Start From D Top / Atiku Denies Mocking Nigerian Universities,Says He's A Product Public School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.