Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Naija Used Car Sold As Direct Belgium - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Naija Used Car Sold As Direct Belgium (1670 Views)

Indian Hemp Found In A Fairly Used Car I Bought, Please Let's All Be Careful. / 4 Months Used Toyota Sienna This Car Is Just As Clean As Direct Toks / 4 Months Used Toyota Sienna This Car Is Just As Clean As Direct Toks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija Used Car Sold As Direct Belgium by 143boi: 7:33am On Nov 11, 2016
Good day guys. Pls is there a way i can find out if a car i just bought as direct belgium with cotonou and custom papers, has been registered and used before in Nigeria? I bought the car in abuja but was shocked to find a partially destroyed stub of registration in lagos,chasis number and plate number included. Pls i will appreciate any help as i have not paid completely for this car
Re: Naija Used Car Sold As Direct Belgium by DelTel(m): 7:58am On Nov 11, 2016
Confront the seller with your findings.

You can either return the vehicle and get your refund or re-negotiate the price, luckily you have not paid in full.

Meanwhile, be sure of your assertion before confronting.

Post the (previous) car registration number here, perhaps someone could help. You have nothing to lose by doing that.

Naija and scam, I can even bet the mileage has been tampered with.
Re: Naija Used Car Sold As Direct Belgium by valarinz: 9:51am On Nov 11, 2016
DelTel:
Confront the seller with your findings.

You can either return the vehicle and get your refund or re-negotiate the price, luckily you have not paid in full.

Meanwhile, be sure of your assertion before confronting.

Post the (previous) car registration number here, perhaps someone could help. You have nothing to lose by doing that.

Naija and scam, I can even bet the mileage has been tampered with.

Nigerians and media trial, you've already gone ahead to start calling scam and even insinuating mileage has been tampered when you haven't even heard from both parties, seen the car or even reached a verdict as regards what really happened, smh

For the OP, go to frsc site and run the plate number you saw and see what comes up, note that even if nothing comes up, it doesn't totally settle the case but it might just be faster if it actually comes up, then it's settled but if it doesn't then you check other scenarios

It could be that they forged those docs to use it to drive the car down to Abuja and around, could also be that it's registered and have been deleted from the system in order to resell as toks

Take the custom docs which you were given to customs office to verify if it's authentic and fully paid for, shouldn't cost more than 5k,

By the time you're done with these processes you'll have gotten a clear idea of what actually transpired with this your car, so when you're going to meet the seller, you're actually some steps ahead, you can do the alternative and go rushing blindly in rage to his office and there's only two ways it will end, either you're told off or you're told more sweet lies and convinced and you'll go home, forget all these barbaric African way of thinking, every problem isn't settled by violence, do your intelligent investigation first

Tnx
Re: Naija Used Car Sold As Direct Belgium by 143boi: 12:50pm On Nov 11, 2016
What I found in the car
Re: Naija Used Car Sold As Direct Belgium by valarinz: 1:17pm On Nov 11, 2016
143boi:
What I found in the car

What make and modelof car did you buy

As the paper is somehow mutilated, could pick put two possible correct numbers which are "FST648AL " and "FST643AL". The former brought up a Toyota carina e, while the latter brought up a Toyota avensis

To start with, none corresponds with the Toyota Corolla written on the paper, so there definitely is a long history on the plate number, most likely doesn't belong to the car you bought

Also, crosscheck this chasis number on the paper to what's on your car to see if it matches
Re: Naija Used Car Sold As Direct Belgium by yak(m): 6:12pm On Nov 11, 2016
this cld b document for another car. so, take the custom paper u were given to customs office. plz take down the document cos u might b jeopardising the case

1 Like

Re: Naija Used Car Sold As Direct Belgium by 143boi: 4:32am On Nov 12, 2016
Chasis number,coor and car maka and model is same with the info contained in this image
Re: Naija Used Car Sold As Direct Belgium by valarinz: 5:50pm On Nov 12, 2016
143boi:
Chasis number,coor and car maka and model is same with the info contained in this image

Hmm, this is where it gets interestimg, likely, the car papers were forged to drive it around or its been previously registered but the info still doesn't reflect what's on frsc database though, it's a Toyota avensis instead

Check the authenticity of the customs docs and be certain, it's better you get all angles covered before deciding your next move

(1) (Reply)

2008 Toyota Corolla Le Tokunbo For Sale @ 2.6m / Neatly Used 2003 Toyota Corolla / 2016 SOLD SOLD Toyota Camry sports SOLD SOLD SOLDFew Months Used In Ibadan @5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.