Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

“Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr (36252 Views)

How Coronavirus Could Affect The Olympics 2020, Euro 2020 And The Sporting World / Meet Uzochukwu Henry Onuorah Playing For FC Midtjylland in Denmark (PHOTOS) / Revealed!! Antonio Conte Is Real Madrid’s Top Choice To Replace Zinedine Zidane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 11, 2016

Super Eagles Coach Gernot Rohr Reveals True Reason Why Conte Isn’t Playing Mikel At Chelsea

John Obi Mikel lack of playing time at English Premier League side Chelsea, according to the coach of the Nigeria senior national team Gernot Rohr is basedon issues outside football.

Mikel is yet to play a competitive game under coach Antonio Conte this season, which happens to he his 11th at Stamford Brige. A record that makes him the second oldest player in the team bar captain John Terry.

Rohr during the Super Eagles media parley was asked about his opinion on the lack of game time, the captain of the Super Eagles is currently enduring and the Franco German coach who recently went to Chelsea to speak with the team’s hierarchy over Mikel’s situation defended his captain.” Mikel was punished by Chelsea for playing at the Olympics for Nigeria. The new coach tried convincing him to stay but he went to defend his nation. I cannot punish him for not playing in his club”[/b]He said.

On his part Mikel voiced out his unhappiness over his lack of playing time but insist it does happen to players, and he is no exception.” [b]It’s not a good one but it does happen to players”.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/10/super-eagles-coach-gernot-rohr-reveals-true-reason-why-conte-isnt-playing-mikel-at-chelsea/

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 11, 2016
Franco German coach who recently went to Chelsea to speak with the team’s hierarchy over Mikel’s situation defended his captain.”

Information like this is undisputable since it is coming from the Super Eagles's technical adviser who went to confirm it at Chelsea himself. Now we see why players feign injuries and lie in order to be omitted from national call ups just to satisfy their managers in order to secure their playing career in the respective clubs.

But the problem in Mikel's case is that the Nigerians that he sacrificed his Chelsea's career for are the ones traducing and lambasting him. Mikel is totally fit for Conte's plans and philosophy, even Conte confessed that Mikel keeps impressing him in trainings.

Until I see Matic and Kante's combination win the Champions league like Mikel did for Chelsea, I will always rate Mikel above them.

243 Likes 9 Shares

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by eshietIntrepid(m): 8:49am On Nov 11, 2016
Is good when ur national team coach is the one defending ur lack of playing time in ur club.

Don't worry soon enough conte will need Mikel.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by madridguy(m): 8:51am On Nov 11, 2016
God alone will shame that useless coach called KOTE abi na Conte.

Baba Ibeji Mikel, nothing do you.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by kinggogo: 8:57am On Nov 11, 2016
Conte go fvck urself

22 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by AGUBANZE(m): 8:59am On Nov 11, 2016
But chelsea have been winning all their matches back to back since they started benching mikel

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 11, 2016
eshietIntrepid:
Is good when ur national team coach is the one defending ur lack of playing time in ur club.

Don't worry soon enough conte will need Mikel.
Mikel has gone through a lot at Chelsea, I think it is time for him to move on by making optimal use of the next transfer window.

This is one of the reasons why I ceased from supporting foreign Football Clubs.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by KingEbukaNaija: 9:04am On Nov 11, 2016
blueto:

That's not true

Here's an article from DailyMail addressing Mikel's ailing career :
And an excerpt from the article :

"But then came the Olympics. Mikel was called to captain Nigeria in Brazil and led his country to bronze. He had Conte’s blessing."

There were no reports of any dissension that led to falling down the pecking order under Antonio Conte because of Mikel's participation in the Olympics .

The truth is that Mikel's lethargic style of play does not suit Conte's frenetic style of play in his new 3-4-3 system at Chelsea - where ebullient players like Matic , Kante , Alonso , Moses are the reason the system works in Chelsea . Their work rates are high , their tacking is good and they are completely focused through out the game - Mikel lacks these qualities currently .

Mikel can play in a system were play is done sedately , maintaining possession and moderate/low frequency attacks from defensive midfield against the opponents . That's why he flourished under Ancelotti and Guus Hiddink.

Mikel can offer that depth in Chelsea squad , you know in case anyone get's injured . smileyBut reports say he might move in January though the stalwart is actually not unsettled as those reports suggested .

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 11, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

That's not true

Here's an article from DailyMail addressing Mikel's ailing career :
And an excerpt from the article :

There were no reports of any dissension that led to falling down the pecking order under Antonio Conte because of Mikel's participation in the Olympics .

The truth is that Mikel's lethargic style of play does not suit Conte's frenetic style of play in his new 3-4-3 system at Chelsea - where ebullient players like Matic , Kante , Alonso , Moses are the reason the system works in Chelsea . Their work rates are high , their tacking is good and they are completely focused through out the game - Mikel lacks these qualities currently .

Mikel can play in a system were play is done sedately , maintaining possession and moderate/low frequency attacks from defensive midfield against the opponents . That's why he flourished under Ancelotti and Guus Hiddink.

Mikel can offer that depth in Chelsea squad , you know in case anyone get's injured . smileyBut reports say he might move in January though the stalwart is actually not unsettled as those reports suggested .

Have you ever wondered why the Mikel who was praised and ‘needed’ by Conte to ‘win game’ suddenly became unfit for Conte's plan?
If you want to win a team needs this type of player – Kante, Matic and Mikel – that work hard forthe team.” – conte
http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/conte-chelsea-need-players-like-mikel/

Do you think Conte would have openly confronted Mikel and hamper him from leaving for the Olympics? Conte showed signs that he never wanted mikel to leave but mikel was so desperate and therefore shunned Conte's wishes.

17 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by cr7lomo: 9:18am On Nov 11, 2016
blueto:

Information like this is undisputable since it is coming from the Super Eagles's technical adviser who went to confirm it at Chelsea himself. Now we see why players feign injuries and lie in order to be omitted from national call ups just to satisfy their managers in order to secure their playing career in the respective clubs.

But the problem in Mikel's case is that the Nigerians that he sacrificed his Chelsea's career for are the ones traducing and lambasting him. Mikel is totally fit for Conte's plans and philosophy, even Conte confessed that Mikel keeps impressing him in trainings.

Until I see Matic and Kante's combination win the Champions league like Mikel did for Chelsea, I will always rate Mikel above then.

Speak like a football pundit and not like a Nigerian...no coach dares to change a winning team...combining a left footed and right footed holding midfield pair is every managers dream...did fabregas play in the olympics?? If Mikel dont get playing time, he should get another club , January is about less than 2months away... Conte himself is under pressure to perform after a disastrous campaign last term by Chelsea

16 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by stsinner: 9:21am On Nov 11, 2016
i love his new passion for green/white jersey but we should know that olympics is not a fifa organized competition & it will take diplomacy from a player to convince his club to be part of it, so the fault is not entirely conte's. Neymar had an understanding with Barca,infact he refused to play the continental tournament just to compete in Rio. Mikel please Bilic needs another player to complement payet,there is no better revenge than to play for their city rivals

6 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 11, 2016
DONT WORRY WHRN MIKEL LEAVES CHELSEA, HE WILL REVEAL THE TRUTH JUST LIKE ETO AND MALOUDA.

5 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 11, 2016
DONT WORRY WHEN MIKEL LEAVES CHELSEA, HE WILL REVEAL THE TRUTH JUST LIKE ETO AND MALOUDA.

3 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by KingEbukaNaija: 9:58am On Nov 11, 2016
blueto:
Have you ever wondered why the Mikel who was praised and ‘needed’ by Conte to ‘win game’ suddenly became unfit for Conte's plan?
http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/conte-chelsea-need-players-like-mikel/ .
Do you think Conte would have openly confronted Mikel and hamper him from leaving for the Olympics? Conte showed signs that he never wanted mikel to leave but mikel was so desperate and therefore shunned Conte's wishes.

Its not right to assume . If there was any form of confrontation at all , then Mikel would have shown signs of discontentment especially on social media . But he understands the situation and keeps talking about working hard in training in order to get himself back into the team after he got back from the Olympics . Remember , the season has already kicked off at the time he was playing at the Olympics . You don't expect him to walk into the first team just like that .

Conte is running a meritocratic system - apparently with players like Moses , Alonso earning their place in the team . Willian went on compassionate leave because of the demise of his mum and Pedro took his place and 2 games later Pedro is still playing while Willian is now benched even after his return . Its all about working to earn your place in the first team - and evidently Mikel understands this .

And Conte was referring to Kante's buy by Chelsea for 30 million . He was describing Kante not Mikel . The dubious site added Mikel in between to sell their story . grin

Excerpt :

“I want to say Kante was a target and for this reason I’m very happy the club bought the player,” Conte told the Chelsea website after the 2-0 pre-season defeat at Rapid Vienna. He’s a good player.

“He has good technique, fantastic stamina and I like this type of player. If you want to win a team needs this type of player – Kante, Matic and Mikel – that work hard for the team.”

"This type of player evidently " talking about Kante , not this type of players .

And Mikel was withdrawn after 58 minutes during Conte's first game which ended in a 2-0 defeat . See ? Why praise a player you withdrew while you were losing and tell him he is needed to win a game whereas you lost It does not add up !

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 11, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Its not right to assume . If there was any form of confrontation at all , then Mikel would have shown signs of discontentment especially on social media .
It is not an assumption, but a fact! you are the one relying on assumptions by using a mere and flimzy editorial article to repudiate the verified statements of the super eagles technical adviser.

Mikel did show signs of “discontentment” before departing Chelsea for Olympics. Here are the words of Mikel insinuating that it displeased conte and the rest of Chelsea's management staffs when he insisted on going for the Olympics
“It is difficult to leave Chelsea at this time,” Mikel told the Evening Standard. “But I explained to the club why I wanted to go and I thank them for their understanding and allowing me to be apart of this.”
What can you deduce from that statement and what do you think prompted Mikel to make such statement?

But he understands the situation and keeps talking about working hard in training in order to get himself back into the team after he got back from the Olympics . Remember , the season has already kicked off at the time he was playing at the Olympics . You don't expect him to walk into the first team just like that .

Conte is running a meritocratic system - apparently with players like Moses , Alonso earning their place in the team . Willian went on compassionate leave because of the demise of his mum and Pedro took his place and 2 games later Pedro is still playing while Willian is now benched even after his return . Its all about working to earn your place in the first team - and evidently Mikel understands this .
Enough of these deceptive notions. If Conte can't afford playing Mikel because of ‘exploits’ Matic And kante, then why not feature as a second half substitute? why not feature him in less competitive games in Carling cup like he features Chalobah and other ‘up coming stars’? Fabregas was playing before he got injured, even Willian featured for Chelsea after his departure and return, but Mikel has not featured even once!

And Conte was referring to Kante's buy by Chelsea for 30 million . He was describing Kante not Mikel . The dubious site added Mikel in between to sell their story . grin

Excerpt :

"This type of player evidently " talking about Kante , not this type of players .

And Mikel was withdrawn after 58 minutes during Conte's first game which ended in a 2-0 defeat . See ? Why praise a player you withdrew while you were losing and tell him he is needed to win a game whereas you lost It does not add up !
You mean even Chelsea FC official website was also “dubious”?
He’s a good player. He has good technique, fantastic stamina and I like this type of player. If you want to win a team needs this type of player –Kante, Matic and Mikel– that work hard for the team.
http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/07/conte--learning-and-improving.html

Please stop! it is not funny.

17 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 11, 2016
Lalasticlala
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by OgaTheTop2: 1:39pm On Nov 11, 2016
smiley
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Jay542(m): 1:39pm On Nov 11, 2016
See excuse shasad Oga space no dey for bros

2 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by jmoore(m): 1:39pm On Nov 11, 2016
Neymar played for Brazil. Why dem never give am frog jump punishment?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by jmoore(m): 1:40pm On Nov 11, 2016
Somebody is being paid for sitting on the bench, and you call that punishment? grin grin

I like that type of punishment. Who can give me that type of punishment? I need it right now. grin grin

On a serious note, there is time for everything. Must he play for Chelsea till he retires? January transfer is closer, he can move to China and make enough cash for retirement.

16 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by takenadoh: 1:41pm On Nov 11, 2016
Really is that really whats happening? Uncle MIKEL?

Conte come n defend yourself.

2 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by kidman96(m): 1:42pm On Nov 11, 2016
Mikel cannot bench anybody in that Chelsea team. If oscar and fabreagas aren't playing who is Mikel.

MIKEL slOwBI

8 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 11, 2016
blueto:

Until I see Matic and Kante's combination win the Champions league like Mikel did for Chelsea, I will always rate Mikel above then.

Abegi, let us hear word. Matic and Kante combination is excellent. Mikel should go and rest. This is the new team, you guys should deal with it.

Everything is changing, when you refuse to leave a Club, The club will leave you.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by pat077: 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2016
Why is he punishing fabrigas

8 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by UndercoverAgent: 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2016
mikel cant play for Chelsea he is not even up to matic or kante

5 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by baski92(m): 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2016
Some people just senseless and stupid

1 Like

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2016
I'm a Chelsea fan.....

Mikel refused to improve his style of play Biko

Maybe we should start Mikel ahead of Kante

5 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by Elnino4ladies: 1:46pm On Nov 11, 2016
No space for crappy mikel in chelsea
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:47pm On Nov 11, 2016
pat077:
Why is he punishing fabrigas
This question made me laff,mayb because fabregas onced played for Arsenal,dats why he is punished now. For me I think,Mikel is not used becos Chelsea are not in Europe and are out of Carlin Cup,no much matches to play

4 Likes

Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by divinelove(m): 1:47pm On Nov 11, 2016
cheesy
Re: “Conte Is Punishing Mikel For Playing For Nigeria At The Olympics” – Rohr by ishef19: 1:48pm On Nov 11, 2016
Mr Rohr who Mikel wan bench for that squad

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Are Headed Goals More Difficult To Save In Football? / Elumelu Reacts To Suggestion That Nigerian Billionaires Should Buy NPFL Clubs / Nigeria Vs France: (3 - 5) On Pens In U-17 Women's World Cup 4th Oct 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.