Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,375 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi (36598 Views)

Photo Of Alex Iwobi And Terem Moffi's Fathers At UNN In 1985 / Alex Iwobi: "Why I Snubbed England To Play For Nigeria" / Arsenal Celebrates Alex Iwobi For Taking Nigeria To The World Cup. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by kidap: 9:36pm On Aug 08, 2019
Alex Iwobi has signed for Everton from Arsenal for an undisclosed fee after agreeing a five-year deal until the end of June 2024.

The 23-year-old forward is the Blues’ seventh and final signing of the summer transfer window following the additions of goalkeeper Jonas Lössl, right-back Djibril Sidibe, midfielders Andre Gomes, Fabian Delph and Jean-Philippe Gbamin, and striker Moise Kean.

Nigeria international Iwobi, who has 36 caps and helped his country to the Africa Cup of Nations semi-finals this summer, came through Arsenal’s academy before making his first-team debut for the Londoners in October 2015 at the age of 19.

Everton manager Marco Silva said: “Alex was one of our main targets for this window and I believe he is a fantastic signing for Everton. He is a direct and skilful winger and attacking midfielder who always works very hard for his team.

“He is still young but already with a lot of top-level experience – 100 Premier League matches, more in Europe and many international games.

“It was important for me to have one more quality option for our attacking positions to add to what we have with Richarlison, Bernard and Theo Walcott.

“Alex fits exactly the profile of player I want in my model. He is hungry to join Everton and take the next step in his career, to help us compete with the strongest teams in the league and reach his potential at our club.”

Iwobi, the nephew of Nigerian legend Jay-Jay Okocha, was born in Lagos, Nigeria before moving to England when he was four. Iwobi played 149 games for Arsenal, scoring 15 times and contributing to 42 goals.

Source: https://gidifeed.com/everton-announces-the-signing-of-super-eagles-player-alex-iwobi/

9 Likes

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Vulcanheph(m): 9:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
This means No champions/europa league For iwobi

25 Likes

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by festacman(m): 9:43pm On Aug 08, 2019
It is true that Alex Iwobi is product of Arsenal Academy but he is first and foremost a young PROFESSIONAL footballer who needs ample playing time to develop more and achieve his potentials. The reality is that with the new signings at Arsenal and many promising academy prospects, Alex Iwobi will not have much playing time. So staying put because he loves Arsenal won't help him at all. Moving on is the best option for his career. I am sure he has the blessing of his parents to do that.

In any case, with Theo Walcot, he has a warm company waiting for him to often reminisce about their days at Arsenal. Moreover, Everton FC manager seems to like him, which is a good news. Wishing him a bright future. There is no doubt that if he 'blows' at Goodison Park, Arsenal will come calling once again for his signature.

Once a gunner, always a gunner.

232 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 08, 2019
Hate to see you Go Big17...Thanks for your time, goals, nutmeg and the gun celebration. I wish you great success in your new club..#COYG

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Famocious(m): 9:45pm On Aug 08, 2019
Mixed feeling sha.. He created most goal scoring chances for Arsenal last season and scored 3 Premiership goals.

Unfortunately, most English Arsenal fans don't appreciate his efforts. He's just 23 though.. Nigeria most expensive player for now.
I hope he improves on his decision making at the final 3rd of the pitch and make more attempts at hitting the ball hard when shooting.

I wish you all the best and time for me to start following Everton's matches grin

129 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by chukwunedum150(m): 9:49pm On Aug 08, 2019
GO and make your country Naija proud Bro

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by amaniro: 9:51pm On Aug 08, 2019
Alex iwobi would have being a great footballer if he focuses. To me he's distracted with fame

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Lekison(m): 9:55pm On Aug 08, 2019
eyah......I wish him all the best

3 Likes

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Jaymaq(m): 9:56pm On Aug 08, 2019
Nice one. Welcome to the Merseyside blue!

4 Likes

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Flexherbal(m): 11:04pm On Aug 08, 2019
All is in order !
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Vixlot: 11:04pm On Aug 08, 2019
Good
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Injiggerwolf(m): 11:06pm On Aug 08, 2019
Playing time factor....and suitable role for his making...attacking midfielder

2 Likes

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by chrisxxx(m): 11:07pm On Aug 08, 2019
This truly pains me as a Nigerian Arsenal fan. Good luck to him.

12 Likes

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Nobody: 11:07pm On Aug 08, 2019
Let him shave that hair and go back to his normal low cut and see whether that thing pursuing him
Will leave him alone..
Damn this guy was good then, just all of a sudden after he started growing dreads , he lost it
Wish him the best though, he still has age on his side and can improve

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Kenon9: 11:08pm On Aug 08, 2019
[quote author=festacman post=81077284]It is true that Alex Iwobi is product of Arsenal Academy but he is first and foremost a young PROFESSIONAL footballer who needs ample playing time to develop more and achieve his potentials. The reality is that with the new signings at Arsenal and many promising academy prospects, Alex Iwobi will not have much playing time. So staying put because he loves Arsenal won't help him at all. Moving on is the best option for his career. I am sure he has the blessing of his parents to do that.

In any case, with Danny Welbeck and Theo Walcot, he has a warm company waiting for him to often reminisce about their days at Arsenal. Moreover, Everton FC manager seems to like him, which is a good news. Wishing him a bright future. There is no doubt that if he 'blows' at Goodison Park, Arsenal will come calling once again for his signature.

You are right bro

5 Likes

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by raphy(m): 11:08pm On Aug 08, 2019
he goes there.for.playing time as everyone knows arsenal is ...

make.I just no talk as I can remember what happens.before.

anyway congratulations to him let him.keep his football development going.

he should brace himself for the derby with his there neighbors my team Liverpool.

3 Likes

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Macgyver1: 11:09pm On Aug 08, 2019
amaniro:
Alex iwobi would have being a great footballer if he focuses. To me he's distracted with fame

Go to school and learn how to write well.

4 Likes

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by EmmaLege: 11:10pm On Aug 08, 2019
grin
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Blitz888(m): 11:11pm On Aug 08, 2019
Big17
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Rasbel(m): 11:12pm On Aug 08, 2019
Nice for him. I just pity my darling United this season. No probz with the defence but leaving the task of goalscoring to that boy they call Rashford and his twin brother Martial, with their yeye elder brother Lingard? God will let them have sense.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by emaopel: 11:15pm On Aug 08, 2019
There is room for better thing to come from you... I will miss you at Arsenal...Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by kaydee(m): 11:15pm On Aug 08, 2019
festacman:

In any case, with Danny Welbeck and Theo Walcot, he has a warm company waiting for him to often reminisce about their days at Arsenal. Moreover, Everton FC manager seems to like him, which is a good news. Wishing him a bright future. There is no doubt that if he 'blows' at Goodison Park, Arsenal will come calling once again for his signature.

Welbeck is not at Everton

2 Likes

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Draught: 11:17pm On Aug 08, 2019
I love this move.

Iwobi Will definitely play more minutes than 60 (they just paid 70 milla for a guy, they would be compelled to play him regardless...)
Plus some ppl if not most ppl will actually recognize what Alex brings to a team..

But just in case U dont know..
Iwobi is a natural playmaker that should be playing either Secondary striker or Central attacking midfielder not a Left Winger or Left Midfielder (yes I know he's better off cutting on the LHS)

Ppl like to emphasize on his weakness but not appreciate his strengths..

I hope Silva realizes this if not its 35 milli pounds to the drain... And I hope Silva changes his last year formation to 4-3-3 instead of 4-5-1

But lets see how it goes regardless I am adamant Alex will be a hit at the toffees...

4 Likes

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by festacman(m): 11:23pm On Aug 08, 2019
kaydee:
Welbeck is not at Everton
You are right. Got things mixed up there. Thanks for pointing it out.

4 Likes

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by allanphash7(m): 11:25pm On Aug 08, 2019
Good move

Gooner till i six feet
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Okoroawusa: 11:25pm On Aug 08, 2019
To be honest,am going to miss him.
But he has to move on.

This is the only sad part for me this transfer window.

2 Likes

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by foleskay(m): 11:25pm On Aug 08, 2019
Make him dey go. He's now surplus to requirements. Pepe is here.
Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by Loveberg: 11:32pm On Aug 08, 2019
Draught:
I love this move.

Iwobi Will definitely play more minutes than 60 (they just paid 70 milla for a guy, they would be compelled to play him regardless...)
Plus some ppl if not most ppl will actually recognize what Alex brings to a team..

But just in case U dont know..
Iwobi is a natural playmaker that should be playing either Secondary striker or Central attacking midfielder not a Left Winger!

I hope Silva realizes this if not its 35 milli pounds to the drain... And I hope Silva changes his last year formation to 4-3-3 instead of 4-5-1

But lets see how it goes regardless I am adamant Alex will be a hit at the toffees...

So you think Iwobi can take the attacking midfield spot(Number 10 role) from Sigurdsson??

1 Like

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by sleek82(m): 11:34pm On Aug 08, 2019
Famocious:
Mixed feeling sha.. He created most goal scoring chances for Arsenal last season and scored 3 Premiership goals.

Unfortunately, most English Arsenal fans don't appreciate his efforts. He's just 23 though.. Nigeria most expensive player for now.
I hope he improves on his decision making at the final 3rd of the pitch and make more attempts at hitting the ball hard when shooting.

I wish you all the best and time for me to start following Everton's matches grin
you sabi!....I would have preferred he stayed though, he has prospect at Arsenal

1 Like

Re: Everton Announces The Signing Of Alex Iwobi by charlesELIKIBA: 11:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
i love this move...

...the burden of arsenal was much, just watch him blossom now

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rohr On Verge Of Sack As Super Eagles Coach / FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) / Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.