Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,519 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

MTV Europe Music Awards Collected Back Award From Wizkid - READ WHY by amala.ng - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / MTV Europe Music Awards Collected Back Award From Wizkid - READ WHY by amala.ng (630 Views)

Photos From Wizkid Made In Lagos Concert 2018 / Video And Photos From Wizkid VIP Experience Concert At Eko Hotel / Kemi Afolabi Withdraws Her Membership From Wizkid Fans Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MTV Europe Music Awards Collected Back Award From Wizkid - READ WHY by amala.ng by abiolaewuola(m): 1:28pm On Nov 11, 2016
Nigerian singer, Wizkid cannot believe what has happened to him. His MTV Europe Music Awards has been given to Tanzanian singer, Ali Kiba.
Wizkid had won the Best African Act award at the awards but could not believe his eyes as the organizers stripped him of the award and gave it to Ali Kiba after days of public outcry from Tanzanians.
Things took a huge turn for the Nigerian singer after it was revealed that Ali Kiba got more votes than Wizkid but the organizers had wrongfully given the out trophy during a ceremony in Rotterdam, Netherlands to Wizkid.

Kiba and his fans after getting information that he got more votes than ‘Ojuelegba’ crooner protested and confronted the organisers of the awards who acknowledged the error.
“Sasa ndio nimepata confirmation kwamba ni kweli tuzo inakuja Tanzania na vile vile mimi siwezi kuzungumzia, nitasubiri mpaka nizishike (I’ve just gotten the confirmation that the award is coming back to Tanzania, but I can’t talk much about it, I’m still waiting to receive it),” said the bongo maestro during a Facebook live chat.
He further revealed that the award organisers told him that they were sorry for the error and admitted the mistake, even telling him that he truly got more votes than Wizkid which made him the rightful winner.
Out of anger, Wizkid has since deleted all Instagram posts regarding the award following the controversy.

http://amala.ng/index.php/2016/11/11/omg-see-mtv-europe-music-awards-collected-back-award-wizkid/

Re: MTV Europe Music Awards Collected Back Award From Wizkid - READ WHY by amala.ng by Pokiyo007: 1:37pm On Nov 11, 2016
Damn :oDamn

1 Like

Re: MTV Europe Music Awards Collected Back Award From Wizkid - READ WHY by amala.ng by Came: 3:29pm On Nov 11, 2016
Dem no send baba nla. Hummmmm!!!

(1) (Reply)

“I Love Davido, I Can Lose My Virginity To Him” – Singer, Adokiye / How God Took Me From Mushin To Surulere To Banana Island - Linda Ikeji / Kim Kardashian Reportedly Planning To Divorce Kanye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.