Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Detect Fake Flash Drives (sandisk Cruzer Blades) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Detect Fake Flash Drives (sandisk Cruzer Blades) (7176 Views)

6 Ways To Detect A Fake Phone / How To Detect Hidden Cameras With Your Smartphone / Adobe Unveils AI Tool That Can Detect Photoshopped Faces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Detect Fake Flash Drives (sandisk Cruzer Blades) by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 10:48pm On Nov 11, 2016
****You should read this*****
I think I have to post this for you guys not to be cheated.
Trust me it is not easy detecting a fake one from an original until you open it. The original one has been in use since 2011 and it is still working but I lost about 52gb of sensitive data after purchasing a 64gb fake drive last month.
Sandisk Cruzer Blade is one of the best flash drives available in terms of write and read speed.They are very fast and instead of corrupting your data when they are going bad the flash drive will automatically write protect itself to save the data inside it but unfortunately the clones and fakes are now rampant nowadays and in the markets especially in computer village ikeja. 90% are fakes
If you plan on getting one before buying always check the flash port via the transparent space..Looking through the flash usb port it should be green not black!
Have a great time!

Re: Detect Fake Flash Drives (sandisk Cruzer Blades) by Lordaweezy: 11:29pm On Nov 11, 2016
Re: Detect Fake Flash Drives (sandisk Cruzer Blades) by Lordaweezy: 11:29pm On Nov 11, 2016
Really educating. Just confirmed that my 16gb San disk is original✔️

1 Like

Re: Detect Fake Flash Drives (sandisk Cruzer Blades) by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 1:47am On Nov 14, 2016
Lordaweezy:
Really educating. Just confirmed that my 16gb San disk is original✔️
Great to know sir.
Re: Detect Fake Flash Drives (sandisk Cruzer Blades) by mvrht: 10:35pm On Feb 15, 2017
I think this information is not correct. Genuine SanDisk Cruzer Blade memory sticks used to have green circuit boards, but they seem to be black now. (I have both). The fakes are black too. So just looking at the package from the outside will not tell you. Buy from a quality vendor, and check with a linux live disk using the lsusb command from terminal.

lsusb

Bus 009 Device 009: ID 0781:5567 SanDisk Corp. Cruzer Blade
Bus 009 Device 010: ID 0781:5567 SanDisk Corp. Cruzer Blade

I found these Sandisk memory sticks to be very reliable and compatible across a lot of consumer devices, but write speed is unfortunately very slow!

(1) (Reply)

My Infinix HOT 4 Hotspot Is Not Responding. Please Help / Nokia Asha 302 New Software Update. / What The Hell Am I Seeing On Jumia??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.