Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,994 members, 7,810,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Muslim Woman Call Herself A Silent Trump Supporter-- CNN - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Muslim Woman Call Herself A Silent Trump Supporter-- CNN (1035 Views)

Donald Trump Blasts CNN On Twitter, CNN Replies With An Epic Clapback / Donald Trump Blasts CNN Reporter On Live TV: "You Work For A Fake News Agency" / "Bill Clinton Raped Me & Hillary Clinton Threatened Me" - Trump's Supporter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Woman Call Herself A Silent Trump Supporter-- CNN by Nobody: 1:46am On Nov 12, 2016
Muslim woman: I'm one of Trump's "silent voters"

by Alexandra King

Muslim, immigrant woman: 'I voted for Trump'

Story highlights

Asra Nomani revealed she had voted for Trump in a Washington Post column

She says that Trump is the only candidate who will tackle Islamic extremism

(CNN)Asra Nomani is an immigrant, a Muslim and a life-long liberal. She is also, as she told CNN's Carol Costello Friday, a "silent secret Donald Trump voter."

Nomani, a former Wall Street Journal reporter and co-founder of the Muslim Reform Movement, first made her self-described "confession" in a Washington Post column on Thursday. Since it published, she told Costello, she has received a torrent of abuse on social media. It's a symptom, Nomani insisted, of an increasingly hostile "liberal honor brigade."

"You know, I felt like this entire election year, we have just silenced so many people," Nomani said.

"Even now the idea of speaking out as somebody who voted for Trump is earning me all sorts of lovely labels like 'idiot' and 'f***er' and all these other ideas that I think violate liberal values of free speech and self-determination. So I spoke out because I also believe we have to stand up for the dignity of all people and Trump voters are human beings, too," she insisted.

At the forefront of her reasons for voting Trump, Nomani said, was her fear of what she dubbed the "very real and serious threat by extremist Muslims."

"This is a reality that we haven't confronted directly for the sake of political correctness," Nomani explained.

"If people would hear out the concerns and fears that others have about the issues to refugees and extremists, I think we could find a path that's in the middle. But unfortunately, what happens is that this liberal honor brigade shuts down all conversation, calls you bigot or racist or Islamophobe if you dare to speak your own concerns," she added.

Asked by Costello what she thought about the fact that Trump's talk of a Muslim ban had made many Muslim-Americans afraid, Nomani replied that the country needed a "middle path" in order for true dialogue to take place.
"He's indelicate. We got that. But he expresses a truth that people speak," Nomani said.

"I believe that the left must move to the middle, the right must move to the middle. Then we are going to come up with actually healthy solutions that protect national security as well as human rights" she added.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/11/politics/muslim-silent-voter/index.html

Re: Muslim Woman Call Herself A Silent Trump Supporter-- CNN by tonaydo(m): 1:51am On Nov 12, 2016
that's her own cup of tea

Re: Muslim Woman Call Herself A Silent Trump Supporter-- CNN by Nobody: 1:57am On Nov 12, 2016
tonaydo:
that's her own cup of tea

She voted who she believe is better 4 America.
I think Clinton suppprters are deluded. They feel anyone who think differently is insane. I am begining to feel Clinton voters are actually the stupid and brainwashed ones.

Why support Hillary Clinton who was collecting "Chukuli" from CNN before her debate. Clinton actually brought shame to America. Someone who is ready to cheat by getting questions that was suppose to be secret b4 a debate has no morals and honour.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Woman Call Herself A Silent Trump Supporter-- CNN by tonaydo(m): 2:04am On Nov 12, 2016
tuale4u:

She voted who she believe is better 4 America.
I think Clinton suppprters are deluded. They feel anyone who think differently is insane. I am begining to feel Clinton voters are actually the stupid and brainwashed ones.

Why support Hillary Clinton who was collecting "Chukuli" from CNN before her debate. Clinton actually brought shame to America. Someone who is ready to cheat by getting questions that was suppose to be secret b4 a debate has no morals and honour.
the masses have decided and I hope he delivers. . .I was cool with either of them winning

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Woman Call Herself A Silent Trump Supporter-- CNN by Sibrah: 2:09am On Nov 12, 2016
Intl Fatwa loading . . .

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Woman Call Herself A Silent Trump Supporter-- CNN by Flexherbal(m): 2:14am On Nov 12, 2016
Victory has friends and families. But failure is an orphan.
Re: Muslim Woman Call Herself A Silent Trump Supporter-- CNN by Nobody: 2:16am On Nov 12, 2016
Flexherbal:
Victory has friends and families. But failure is an orphan.

So true.
Re: Muslim Woman Call Herself A Silent Trump Supporter-- CNN by LesbianBoy(m): 2:35am On Nov 12, 2016
There are many silent supporters like this woman!
Re: Muslim Woman Call Herself A Silent Trump Supporter-- CNN by Bari22: 3:40am On Nov 12, 2016
I'm a muslim, I hate trump.
Re: Muslim Woman Call Herself A Silent Trump Supporter-- CNN by sanandreas(m): 5:07am On Nov 12, 2016
Bari22:

Your hate won't stop him from eradicating Islamist terrorists. Keep hating. The Muslim world was cold when they heard the news of trump's victory. why is terrosim associated with Islam? From Boko Haram, Al Qaeda, Isis. The world can't continue to live in fear. Trump would smoke terrorists out and not the good Muslims. Copy that

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Woman Call Herself A Silent Trump Supporter-- CNN by OyinbowithaTan(m): 5:09am On Nov 12, 2016
Bari22:
Which is why muslim countries are not on usa visa waiver program. Congrats! Day 1 Muhammed waged war you gotta stop it. Christ did not do this.
Re: Muslim Woman Call Herself A Silent Trump Supporter-- CNN by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:13am On Nov 12, 2016
I Got no business with who becomes the President Of the US

I'm more concerned with the current Recession ravaging our country by Buhari's Archaic Policies.

cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Muslim Woman Call Herself A Silent Trump Supporter-- CNN by EternalTruths: 5:13am On Nov 12, 2016
Bari22:

Buhari's brother

Why won't you hate Trump when you know that Buhari's planned jihad can't succeed again. grin cheesy
Re: Muslim Woman Call Herself A Silent Trump Supporter-- CNN by Sufisunni: 5:37am On Nov 12, 2016
Bari22:
Why the hate? r u a radical muslim?? who kills and maims without any objectivity. I am a muslim too! I started supporting Trump when Hilary emails saga leaked her knowledge of USA political establishment knows Saudi n Qatar were funding ISIS and USA was giving th ISIS technical training in Jordan and using diff names to deceive the gullible ones by calling same terrorists freedom fighters or liberal fighters, what a double standard by USA. Trump came out publicly to condemn the killing of Gadafi and Saddam, because this has led to ISIS and that was why he called Obama the founder of ISIS. Here is what TRUMP said " "If I become President, the era of nation-
building will be ended. Our new approach, which
must be shared by both parties in America, by
our allies overseas, and by our friends in the
Middle East, must be to halt the spread of
Radical Islam," Trump announced in a foreign
policy speech in August." Saudi, Qatar and USA(political establishment) r using ISIS to fight proxy war with Iran thereby giving Islam a bad name.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Woman Call Herself A Silent Trump Supporter-- CNN by Sufisunni: 6:01am On Nov 12, 2016
sanandreas:

Your hate won't stop him from eradicating Islamist terrorists. Keep hating. The Muslim world was cold when they heard the news of trump's victory. why is terrosim associated with Islam? From Boko Haram, Al Qaeda, Isis. The world can't continue to leave in fear. Trump would smoke terrorists out and not the good Muslims. Copy that
Not the whole muslim world but the terroristic-muslim world was cold! The Saudi, Qatar and USA political establishment r d real terrorists, no wonder the trio were cold when Trump won.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Woman Call Herself A Silent Trump Supporter-- CNN by sanandreas(m): 6:06am On Nov 12, 2016
Sufisunni:
Not the whole muslim world but the terroristic-muslim world was cold! The Saudi, Qatar and USA political establishment r d real terrorists, no wonder the trio were cold when Trump won.

You can say that again. I personally don't like Clinton because of her role in Libya and Syria. Peace would find us when we love one another.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Woman Call Herself A Silent Trump Supporter-- CNN by Nukualofa: 6:17am On Nov 12, 2016
Bari22:
it would be surprising if as a Muslim you like Trump so you did what your fellow muslims can only do
Re: Muslim Woman Call Herself A Silent Trump Supporter-- CNN by Nobody: 6:18am On Nov 12, 2016
Sufisunni:
Why the hate? r u a radical muslim?? who kills and maims without any objectivity. I am a muslim too! I started supporting Trump when Hilary emails saga leaked her knowledge of USA political establishment knows Saudi n Qatar were funding ISIS and USA was giving th ISIS technical training in Jordan and using diff names to deceive the gullible ones by calling same terrorists freedom fighters or liberal fighters, what a double standard by USA. Trump came out publicly to condemn the killing of Gadafi and Saddam, because this has led to ISIS and that was why he called Obama the founder of ISIS. Here is what TRUMP said " "If I become President, the era of nation-
policy speech in August." Saudi, Qatar and USA(political establishment) r using ISIS to fight proxy war with Iran thereby giving Islam a bad name.

On point
Re: Muslim Woman Call Herself A Silent Trump Supporter-- CNN by Nukualofa: 6:20am On Nov 12, 2016
Sufisunni:
if only Muslims like maclantunji and caseless will learn from you
Re: Muslim Woman Call Herself A Silent Trump Supporter-- CNN by Caseless: 6:39am On Nov 12, 2016
Sufisunni:
Why the hate? r u a radical muslim?? who kills and maims without any objectivity. I am a muslim too! [b]I started supporting Trump when Hilary emails saga leaked her knowledge of USA political establishment knows Saudi n Qatar were funding ISIS and USA was giving th ISIS technical training in Jordan and using diff names to deceive the gullible ones by calling same terrorists freedom fighters or liberal fighters, what a double standard by USA. [/b]Trump came out publicly to condemn the killing of Gadafi and Saddam, because this has led to ISIS and that was why he called Obama the founder of ISIS. Here is what TRUMP said " "If I become President, the era of nation-
a staunch gaddafist like me won't have any reason to like Hilary. She practically celebrated the killing of Gaddafi on a television program.

Trump is just to loud for my liking.

(1) (Reply)

Haiti To Join The African Union / War On The Horizon ? Iran Shoots Down US Drone Over International Airspace / Breaking: United Nations Orders Trump To Stand Down In Portland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.