Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,261 members, 7,822,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon (33950 Views)

The Nigerian Operating IPOB’s Paris Account Unmasked By Security Agencies / Wike: "Security Agencies Planning To Assassinate Me During Rerun Elections" / Forgery: Police May Arrest Ekweremadu, Others This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by dre11(m): 6:33am On Nov 12, 2016
■ Flays NJC, NBA on arrested judges

From TONY JOHN, Port Harcourt

Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike, yesterday, expressed fear of being arrested by security heads in the state.

Wike, who spoke during special court session marking the opening of the 2016/2017 Legal Year of the state Judiciary in Port Harcourt, said he was afraid to leave Government House due to fear of being arrested by security operatives.

He stated that there was no respect for people in authority in the nation, pointing out that anybody could be arrested and humiliated at anytime.

The governor expressed concern why judges would be intimidated and arrested like common criminals from their homes at odd hours of the night.

Wike said: “I was afraid to come out for this programme when I heard that all the security heads in this state came for the programme.

“So, I told my orderly to pack some of my things into a bag that I may not return because they may arrest me from there.

“My orderly asked, but you have immunity, I told him that there couldn’t be immunity in Nigeria when people are arrested anyhow. We don’t respect the rule of law. Anybody can be arrested at anytime”, the governor stated.

Speaking further, Wike faulted the anti-corrupt war of the Federal Government saying, “The fight against corruption in the country undermines development. It serves no useful purpose”.

He flayed the Nigerian Judicial Council (NJC) and Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) on their decision supporting the stepping down of the embattled judges arrested by operatives of Department of State Security (DSS) on alleged corrupt practices.

Wike lamented that, if the two revered legal bodies knew the implications of their decision, the NJC and NBA would have thought twice.

The governor said it was unfortunate and dangerous because lawyers had played into the hands of politicians, which would later be used against the former.

Earlier in her speech, the Chief Judge of the State, Justice Adama Iyayi-Lamikanra, thanked the governor for his commitment in repositioning the judicial system in the state.

Justice Lamikanra said there has been regular release of funds to the judiciary by the state government even without request, adding that the governor had rescued the judiciary workers from the current economic recession.

She disclosed that the judiciary had remitted N367, 000,000 to the state account in the last legal year.

Lamikanra further confirmed the approval of two Judges by National Judicial Council and they would be sworn in next week Monday.

http://sunnewsonline.com/security-agency-may-arrest-me-soon-wike/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by samtee37(m): 6:35am On Nov 12, 2016
Guys.. Please dash me some likes.....

First time of making fp after 2yrs on NL....

Meanwhile the guy below me will do justice to oga wike plight.

140 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by teeboila(m): 6:36am On Nov 12, 2016
Arrest?

Your immunity don expire ni?

22 Likes

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by DropShot: 6:36am On Nov 12, 2016
No need to fear mister. It's your conscience that's pricking you.

You still enjoy immunity and I am very sure Buhari is a man of rule of law despite losers want us believe otherwise.

If any governor deserves to be arrested while still in office, Fayose qualifies for that honor more than anyone else.

But be rest assured that your misdeeds will someday find you out eventually.

174 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by dingbang(m): 6:37am On Nov 12, 2016
Fear fear

7 Likes

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:38am On Nov 12, 2016
They Can't Arrest You Wike....

The Man Of The People.....

We All Love You

Confused Federal Government

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by dre11(m): 6:40am On Nov 12, 2016
If by now the security agencies and personnel haven't for once mull over arresting Governor Fayose........

you saying this just to be relevant in the press since you have missed being on the spotlight

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by AGUBANZE(m): 6:42am On Nov 12, 2016
The tiny rabbit of ikwerre land grin

29 Likes

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by ourema(f): 6:43am On Nov 12, 2016
That is the kind of politics president Buhari is playing. I am very certain that in 2019 election it will be very easy for APC to win
Just slam all PDP big wigs accused of monumental corruption and that is all it takes to win the election in 2019

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by MrSly(m): 6:43am On Nov 12, 2016
It is bad to humiliate judges and other political appointees for no reason. But if you are guilty of any offence esp corruption you should be arrested whether immunity or not. You aren't bigger than the rest of over 160mil Nigerian to live to their detriment.

25 Likes

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by Firefire(m): 6:44am On Nov 12, 2016
APC Coven Members, Oya, the floor is open for your usual rants...

5 Likes

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by PH1stBorn: 6:44am On Nov 12, 2016
Wike the greatest wailer. No body can arrest u now, not until ur tenure finish. You have ur immunity from prosecution as a serving Emperor ( bcs he doesn't take d advise of anyone. NUT, NLC have all gone silent on d plight of civil servants).
He and his cohorts orchestrated the drama in Isiokpo street that implicated APC and INEC in printing sensitive electoral materials with d ultimate goal of discrediting the forth coming election on December 10.
We the Rivers state civil servants he denied their salary for 6months will surely vote against PDP.

36 Likes

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by AllTheWayUp: 6:51am On Nov 12, 2016
Freedom of living is Dead in Nigeria

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by Pieromania: 6:52am On Nov 12, 2016
The guilty are always afraid.whr was the rule of law whe he Wike and GEJ were hoonding Amaechi when he was governor?Were was the rule of law when the Then Speaker of House of Rep Aminu Tambuwal and other lawmakers were tear-gased and the green chamber sealed up?Were was the rule of law when 16 was greater than 19?Were was the rule of law when 5 lawmakers led by Evans Bipi and ochestrated by Wike and mama Peshe wanted to impeach the speaker of the house and Amaechi?
I cn go on and on to list all the atrocities committed by Wike and the Jonathans,just because the table has turned he is wailing.
My governor,pls enjoy the karma while it lasts.

90 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by Qmerit(m): 6:54am On Nov 12, 2016
Funny! Who would arrest who stopped security operatives from arresting Judges?
Do your job jor

5 Likes

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by ijustdey: 6:54am On Nov 12, 2016
“So, I told my orderly to pack some of my things into a bag that I may not return because they may arrest me from there.

seems this man doesn't know the Constitution and laws of the land.....

or have any sitting governor been arrested before

9 Likes

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by gigabyte13: 6:56am On Nov 12, 2016
What is this nitwit saying.......?? Clear conscience fears no accusation. In PMB voice " dont be afraid of me, but the consequences of your action"

Infact any difference btw this thug governor and fowlyose......?? Birds of a feather.

22 Likes

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:57am On Nov 12, 2016
ourema:
That is the kind of politics president Buhari is playing. I am very certain that in 2019 election it will be very easy for APC to win
Just slam all PDP big wigs accused of monumental corruption and that is all it takes to win the election in 2019
PDP bigwigs abi PDP thugs? There are no bigwigs in PDP since OBJ and IBB left. Mind u,GEJ was just a rat... if he were a bigwig as u wld have wished to argue, he wldnt lose a very easy election...

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by omenka(m): 7:01am On Nov 12, 2016
Why is Wike having sleepless nights over these judges arrest even though NJC and NBA have seen some propriety in the action??

Wike certainly have skeletons the size of Goliath in his closet.

What a man.

28 Likes

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 12, 2016
were ur immunity come go?

1 Like

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by omenka(m): 7:05am On Nov 12, 2016
“My orderly asked, but you have immunity, I told him that there couldn’t be immunity in Nigeria when people are arrested anyhow. We don’t respect the rule of law. Anybody can be arrested at anytime”, the governor stated.
Can Wike point to a single individual with constitutional immunity who's been arrested so far??

I think this nigger is going insane.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by ourema(f): 7:05am On Nov 12, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
PDP bigwigs abi PDP thugs? There are no bigwigs in PDP since OBJ and IBB left. Mind u,GEJ was just a rat... if he were a bigwig as u wld have wished to argue, he wldnt lose a very easy election...
GEJ refused to use the power he has and damn all consequences.

3 Likes

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by mrvitalis(m): 7:14am On Nov 12, 2016
And to think this guy is a lawyer

Oh my

7 Likes

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by DerrickzB: 7:26am On Nov 12, 2016
AGUBANZE:
The tiny rabbit of ikwerre land grin

That conquered thr huge lion of ubima grin... Yinmu

4 Likes

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by muykem: 7:37am On Nov 12, 2016
Immunity will be waived if you become security threat to the country.

6 Likes

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by tafabaloo(m): 7:45am On Nov 12, 2016
You are prophesying what will happen to you in the future.
You cannot run away from your destiny.

12 Likes

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by Justiceleague1: 9:23am On Nov 12, 2016
omenka:
Can Wike point to a single individual with constitutional immunity who's been arrested so far??

I think this nigger is going insane.
read between the lines and stop jumping into jaundiced and illogical and layman conclusions..rubbish

4 Likes

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by Pavarottii(m): 9:47am On Nov 12, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
U still a child.

2 Likes

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by ukenke: 10:40am On Nov 12, 2016
Obvious skeleton in Wike's cupboard. No wonder he looks emaciated these days. Karma is truly an asshole.

6 Likes

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by brainpulse: 11:11am On Nov 12, 2016
Yea, every criminals have always have that thought. Insanity, despite all what you did to Rotimi Amechi. Hypocrite

10 Likes

Re: Wike: Security Agencies May Arrest Me Soon by Jamesmatic(m): 11:13am On Nov 12, 2016
Karma de chase my nigga

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D / Moves To Save Obaseki By Presidency Flops / DSS Arrests Northern Group Leaders Over Plans To Issue Quit Notice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.