Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Documents Required for the Legal Transfer of Title to land or Property in Abuja, - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Documents Required for the Legal Transfer of Title to land or Property in Abuja, (4216 Views)

We Are Praying For Dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah Again, As The Legal Battles Began / The best way to protect your family and property in case of fire / Medical Leave: Buhari's Letter Not Clear On Transfer Of Power To Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Documents Required for the Legal Transfer of Title to land or Property in Abuja, by akogun2012(m): 7:14am On Nov 12, 2016
Documents Required for the perfect and Legal Transfer of Title to land or Property in Abuja, Federal Capital Territory.

Documents a buyer must obtain from a Land/Property Seller in FCT, Abuja.

1.Original Copy of the Power of Attorney duly signed and sealed

2.copies of Deed of Assignment 3.CTC of C07 (If its a company selling)

4.Original Copy of the Statutory Right of Occupancy

5.A Copy of the Abuja Geographic Information Systems Statutory Right of Occupancy

6.Original copy of Federal Capital Territory Administration, Department of Land Administration, Statutory Right of Occupancy Bill

7.Original Copy of the Federal Capital Territory Administration, Department of Land Administration, Demand for Ground Rent

8.Federal Capital Territory Administration / Abuja Geographic Information System (AGIS) Revenue Collector’s Receipts

9.Photocopy of Certificate of Registration and Form for Business Name Registration / certificate of incorporation

10. Board Resolution of company (if its a company selling)

11. Driver's licence/ intnal passport of seller.

If the following are available depending on the circumstances of the property in question, the buyer can then proceed to instruct a legal practitioner to conduct legal search in all the available mediums. AGIS/AMAC/Local Government, Court, etc Once the lawyer certifies it is fit for purchase, a physical inspection of the property is sacrosant. Some form of caveat/warning might be placed on the property, which is constructive notice to warn you. Please don't be duped/deceived/defrauded by some quack property agents or impostors parading themselves as property owners. Always get a lawyer involved in your transactions.

For more enquiries, The writer can be contacted via: 07088326341, 08031918513 Titilope Emmanuel & Co. Legal Practitioners, Human Right Advocates, Solicitors, Debt Recovery Agents, Property & Corporate Consultants. 6th Floor, Left Wing, Ogun House, Off Federal Ministry of Finance, CBD, Abuja.
Re: Documents Required for the Legal Transfer of Title to land or Property in Abuja, by lighthousearc: 8:02am On May 09, 2018
Hi akogun2012, I read your topic and I find it very detailed and informative. I just bought an FCDA land in Abuja. A search was carried out in AGIS and it came out genuine, my question is that I would like to ask how can the property name be changed to mine at AGIS so anytime a search is done it will carry my name.

Thank you
Re: Documents Required for the Legal Transfer of Title to land or Property in Abuja, by id4sho(m): 1:38pm On Oct 25, 2018
lighthousearc:
Hi akogun2012, I read your topic and I find it very detailed and informative. I just bought an FCDA land in Abuja. A search was carried out in AGIS and it came out genuine, my question is that I would like to ask how can the property name be changed to mine at AGIS so anytime a search is done it will carry my name.

Thank you
Good day Sir. please, Where you able to carry out the change of name and please at which office.
AGIS or other Department of FCDA. Your response will be highly appreciated.

(1) (Reply)

Software Engneering And Networking Engrneering Which Is Better? / Free Activation And Free Product Key For Window7 Professinal 32bit / Giant Snake Swallow Up A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.