Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? (13433 Views)

Mountain Of Fire Shows Satanic Dressing And ID Card To Hell Fire (Photos) / Victor Eghan: Watching Game Of Thrones Will Lead You To Hell / Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Daniel058(m): 11:42am On Nov 13, 2016
Where will our corrupt government be if you are to go to hell fire for not paying your tax .
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by skyo78(m): 11:43am On Nov 13, 2016
You won't go to hell, but you will go to kirikiri which is worse than hell. Better pay your taxes
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Damfostopper(m): 11:43am On Nov 13, 2016
whenever it is Sunday like this.... sumbody will just wake up n be asking stewpid questions... normal days of the week.. u won't see any Christian or Bible talks...
but on Sunday... come n see people asking stewpid questions n the drunk mods pushing it to fp

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Marvel1206: 11:44am On Nov 13, 2016
FrancisMalemia:
No. You Won't Go To Hell For Not Paying Taxes, If You Are A Born Again Christian That Is. Jesus Already Went To Hell For You . Any Act That Is Not In Accordance With The Word Of God Is Sin. On Romans 13 V 1-7 Especially On Verse 6 & 7, The Word Is Against Not Paying Taxes. If You're A Born Again, You Are In Christ. And If You Are In Christ, In Him You Have Already Been Been Forgiven, Even For Not Paying Taxes, If Not So, Then You Require Another Jesus Christ To Die Again For That Sin. So I Don't Know Where You Will Find That One, Maybe In Israel, I Dont Know Maybe Kenya Hahaha. Jesus Died Once And For All. He Paid Once For All Your Sins, Past, Present And Future Sins Aswell. All You Gotta Do Is To Go On Your Knees And Acknowledge Your Sin Before Him And Receive His Forgiveness, Because It Has Already Been Given In Christ Jesus. Amen.

What is this trash You are contradicting yourself
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 13, 2016
grin
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 13, 2016
There is no Hell. So, you are left with going to jail. And that is only applicable to certain countries. In Nigeria, who pays taxes when there is free money from crude oil and so much corruption. My grandfather didnt pay tax. My papa used to pay sometimes when caught by tax collectors. People who pay taxes are less than those who dont, and those who even pay, dont pay their due taxes. Cos the Government has failed. Steer clear of cocktale of religion and politics of man. Politics is a farce. Jesus needed an escapist answer to the question in Caesar's Kingdom. So, keep your little earnings to yourself and use it wisely, do not hand over your poor earnings and widows mite to politicians who will plunder them on runz girls and alcohol. God doesnt judge, you will judge yourself, cos you are God and God is you, and so shall you judge yourself. And if you are to judge yourself, then you can acquit yourself from your guilt and be free. You can always be free, its your choice. Freedom is eternity.
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Marvel1206: 11:45am On Nov 13, 2016
Damfostopper:
whenever it is Sunday like this.... sumbody will just wake up n be asking stewpid questions... normal days of the week.. u won't see any Christian or Bible talks...
but on Sunday... come n see people asking stewpid questions n the drunk mods pushing it to fp
hehehe, na true o.. Silly questions upandan
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by crisycent: 11:46am On Nov 13, 2016
Paying tax to this government will take you to hell.
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Marvel1206: 11:47am On Nov 13, 2016
Billyonaire:
There is no Hell. So, you are left with going to jail. And that is only applicable to certain countries. In Nigeria, who pays taxes when there is free money from crude oil and so much corruption. My grandfather didnt pay tax. My papa used to pay sometimes when caught by tax collectors. People who pay taxes are less than those who dont, and those who even pay, dont pay their due taxes. Cos the Government has failed. Steer clear of cocktale of religion and politics of man. Politics is a farce. Jesus needed an escapist answer to the question in Caesar's Kingdom. So, keep your little earnings to yourself and use it wisely, do not hand over your poor earnings and widows mite to politicians who will plunder them on runz girls and alcohol. God doesnt judge, you will judge yourself, cos you are God and God is you, and so shall you judge yourself. And if you are to judge yourself, then you can acquit yourself from your guilt and be free. You can always be free, its your choice. Freedom is eternity.

you don come again undecided
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 13, 2016
Hell isn't real bro. Enjoy your money.
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 13, 2016
SirWere:
grin

NAILED IT cheesycheesy

grin That guy should be the one using your moniker , He is crazingly crazy grin

1 Like

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by budosky(m): 11:49am On Nov 13, 2016
No be only Tax na Xat..mtchewww
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 13, 2016
Marvel1206:

you don come again undecided
Na so my niccur!
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by RexTramadol1: 11:50am On Nov 13, 2016
owe no man nothing
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Antoeni(m): 11:51am On Nov 13, 2016
Give 2 Caesar what belongs to Caesar ,and 2 God what belongs to him
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Bollinger(m): 11:51am On Nov 13, 2016
amerimex:
No adult you knw pay tax? Bro, u and all d adult you know needs orientation, tax is ur civic responsibility
To your question, my question; are tax payers heaven bond?
Read d bible holistically to have good undstanding

You don't understand. In a normal society, it is not a choice you make. It is a thing you are forced to do. No one likes to pay tax. Period. The Nigerian government does not understand the value of taxation and how it is run which is why they still depend on only one source of revenue. Since the government does not know what it is doing, Nigeria will always be the same and it's people will always be a collection of tax evaders.
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 13, 2016
I quite sometimes
don't understand how some people reference to the book of the Lord the bible.. The bible is divided into 3 section (Law , Moral and prophesy ) The paying of tax is a Moral advise from Jesus and others who advised of it.. Jesus say "" Give unto Cesar what belongs to Cesar and give unto God what belong to God "".. he didn't say disobedience to do this will take you or me to hell but inbound there is a punishment unto immorality and it's not Hell. The law section of the bible is where God spoke his commandments unto man that who ever disobey this will be driven into hell / suffering further more we can relate such law enforcement in the garden of Eden when God commanded Adam and eve to not eat from the forbidden tree. of course you and I kw the rest of the story .. I don't care what your pastor preach about paying of tax , tithes ,or offering .. disobedient to do so will not deny any body a visa to heaven .. what it may likely deny you is your house in heaven not filled with gold and rich things only if you Obeyed his Commandments.
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 13, 2016
FrancisMalemia:
No. You Won't Go To Hell For Not Paying Taxes, If You Are A Born Again Christian That Is. Jesus Already Went To Hell For You . Any Act That Is Not In Accordance With The Word Of God Is Sin. On Romans 13 V 1-7 Especially On Verse 6 & 7, The Word Is Against Not Paying Taxes. If You're A Born Again, You Are In Christ. And If You Are In Christ, In Him You Have Already Been Been Forgiven, Even For Not Paying Taxes, If Not So, Then You Require Another Jesus Christ To Die Again For That Sin. So I Don't Know Where You Will Find That One, Maybe In Israel, I Dont Know Maybe Kenya Hahaha. Jesus Died Once And For All. He Paid Once For All Your Sins, Past, Present And Future Sins Aswell. All You Gotta Do Is To Go On Your Knees And Acknowledge Your Sin Before Him And Receive His Forgiveness, Because It Has Already Been Given In Christ Jesus. Amen.

Oga, your response is kinda heretic, yes truly Christ Jesus died once and for all but it is no express permission to sin because Grace abounds, God forbid. Remember Mathew 7:21, also remember the scripture part that says if we proclaim to be his followers but live in darkness, we lie. The presence of Christ in our lives should be effective not lip service. Salvation can never live in filth. My 2 pence.
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by jayAjoku(m): 11:54am On Nov 13, 2016
lol my friend you won't go to hell.. if you are born again of the spirit and not flesh hell is unfit for you...... not paying your can't take u there ... i wonder sometimes where we get all these questions from focus on righteousness of God jare
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by khalifjgusau(m): 11:55am On Nov 13, 2016
DeSepiero:
Replace the 'Hell' with 'Jail' and ask a more sensible question.
Exactly, sensible instead of rhetorical question

1 Like

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by HomeOfMe(f): 12:04pm On Nov 13, 2016
Kayleb26:
I can't stop thinking about this in the past few days... Will a Christian go to hell for not paying tax seeing that payment of tax is encouraged in the Scriptures (Rom 13:1-6 and Mark 12:16-17).

Now no adult I know pays tax. I understand everything goods and services we pay for have been taxed albeit I know that's not the only tax we're to pay.

There are many justifiable reasons why most people don't pay tax in Nigeria these include :
1. Lack of confidence in the government
2. Corruption
3. Infrastructural decay despite past tax adherence
4. Multiple taxation

Should a Christian continue to pay tax regardless whether he sees the effects or not, Can he use the above "justifiable reasons" to avoid tax? Will God excuse him on that ground? Will he go to hell for civil disobedience?

Please, people of Faith Let's contribute.
I remember Jesus toldone of his followers,a fisherman to cast his net into the sea at a particular time and that he would find a gold Coin in the mouth of one of the fishes. He ordered him to pay his tax with the money. So Jesus commands his followers to be Law abiding and give what is Caesar to Caesar.
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by legibow: 12:05pm On Nov 13, 2016
I tire for you oooo, that one na sin again. .... No b them no commot am.
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by mobi5592: 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2016
Let me put it straight to you, what worked in old isreal might not hold in Nigeria...First, tax on capital gain is not enforced in Nigeria and if you failed to pay on this ground, then, by all means enjoy your hard earned money.

Lets be more elaborate: if you're in someone's payroll, then you've been taxed even before seeing the money. Now, that doesn't include the barrage of means the govt pilfers your little money...

Again, if you own a business outlet, the revenue guys don't take it likely with you in the case of default... In some instances, your outlet gets sealed pending when you're able to clear your debt...

Now, pls tell me how exactly have you not been paying your tax?

I see lots of hypocrisy with most of the people commenting here. To buttress what the op said, about lots of Nigerians not paying tax, I'm yet to see that Nigerian that pays tax on capital gain gotten off the system...

Lets say you rendered a freelance service, made huge profit, called the revenue guys and remitted your tax... Hello? Is it the same Nigeria we know? Forget all the hypocrites above, they ALL don't pay tax on money gotten off the system. No Nigerian does.

Now to clear your query: it is not a sin not paying this money. The system is not designed for such. The Nigerian tax system permits capital gain off the system, and this is perfectly ok.

Which is why i said what works in the US might not hold absolutely for Nigeria...
BLESSINGS! and please keep the faith alive.
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by AndreSalvatore: 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2016
Kayleb26:
I can't stop thinking about this in the past few days... Will a Christian go to hell for not paying tax seeing that payment of tax is encouraged in the Scriptures (Rom 13:1-6 and Mark 12:16-17).

Now no adult I know pays tax. I understand everything goods and services we pay for have been taxed albeit I know that's not the only tax we're to pay.

There are many justifiable reasons why most people don't pay tax in Nigeria these include :
1. Lack of confidence in the government
2. Corruption
3. Infrastructural decay despite past tax adherence
4. Multiple taxation

Should a Christian continue to pay tax regardless whether he sees the effects or not, Can he use the above "justifiable reasons" to avoid tax? Will God excuse him on that ground? Will he go to hell for civil disobedience?

Please, people of Faith Let's contribute.
you're already in hell bru...
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Heroesworths(m): 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2016
You will not go to hell
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by blackjah(m): 12:16pm On Nov 13, 2016
you have a very big plot of land in heaven,
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by DBDaniel(m): 12:16pm On Nov 13, 2016
If was born in a country that the government where Faithful with their Citizens where by they returned taxes back to them by making thing that necessary for them. & not a country like Nigeria where by its the poor masses that feed pocket of government collecting millions of money every month. I would have assumed of going to hell. even though I refused God will not condemned me. Thanks
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Onyejiuwaokoh: 12:17pm On Nov 13, 2016
Government is the one to pay me from the mineral resources they extract and sell abroad.
But Tax for what?
I pay 4 water i drink,
I pay 4 my school fees
I pay 4 d food i eat
I pay 4 for unseen light
Nigerians don't need to taxed again.
I pay Doctors to treat me
I pay my lawyer to defend
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by DBDaniel(m): 12:19pm On Nov 13, 2016
If was born in a country that the government where Faithful with their Citizens where by they returned taxes back to them by making thing that necessary for them. & not a country like Nigeria where by its the poor masses that feed pocket of government collecting millions of money every month. I would have assumed of going to hell. even though I refused God will not condemned me. Thanks angryIf was born in a country that the government where Faithful with their Citizens where by they returned taxes back to them by making thing that necessary for them. & not a country like Nigeria where by its the poor masses that feed pocket of government collecting millions of money every month. I would have assumed of going to hell. even though I refused God will not condemned me. Thanks
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by peaceonearth(m): 12:21pm On Nov 13, 2016
A suicide bomber within a crowd is about to press the detonator and you are armed with a gun and have a clear shot to his head, will you hesitate in pulling the trigger because your bible says 'thou shall not kill'?

The bible and the quran should not be followed literally or fundamentally. Always apply wisdom.

And to answer your question directy, you won't go to hell. The biblical hell doesn't exist. What surely exists is the consequences of our actions or inactions and one of the consequences of evading tax is going to jail. You should be more concerned about the realistic consequences of your tax evasion.
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by princesana(f): 12:22pm On Nov 13, 2016
kiss
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by rose54321: 12:24pm On Nov 13, 2016
No man is in a position to give you an answer, we are flesh and cannot judge or decide who will go to heaven or hell based on action or inaction.

At the end of the day God judges your heart, if you feel it's your duty to pay tax, then pay it.
From your write up you are genuinely bothered, so not paying feels wrong. .

I am all for abiding by the laws of the land, to the extent of our ability, because as humans we fall short.
So just follow your heart and don't rely on advice from other sinners like you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Dome Above The Earth Will Shatter Beliefs And Topple Nations-abachwezi / Four Simple Ways To Avoid And Overcome Sin. / FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.