Stats: 3,156,027 members, 7,828,606 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? (13429 Views)

Mountain Of Fire Shows Satanic Dressing And ID Card To Hell Fire (Photos) / Victor Eghan: Watching Game Of Thrones Will Lead You To Hell / Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts (2) (3) (4)

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by litaninja(m): 2:50pm On Nov 13, 2016
psst....If you're in Nigeria, You're in hell already. You can do away with the tax. No yawa
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by GoodMuyis(m): 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2016
Kayleb26:
I can't stop thinking about this in the past few days... Will a Christian go to hell for not paying tax seeing that payment of tax is encouraged in the Scriptures (Rom 13:1-6 and Mark 12:16-17).

Now no adult I know pays tax. I understand everything goods and services we pay for have been taxed albeit I know that's not the only tax we're to pay.

There are many justifiable reasons why most people don't pay tax in Nigeria these include :
1. Lack of confidence in the government
2. Corruption
3. Infrastructural decay despite past tax adherence
4. Multiple taxation

Should a Christian continue to pay tax regardless whether he sees the effects or not, Can he use the above "justifiable reasons" to avoid tax? Will God excuse him on that ground? Will he go to hell for civil disobedience?

Please, people of Faith Let's contribute.

I Timothy 1:9 - Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

If you obey God's LAW, you dont have to fear about Govt law. the law of the land does not stop you from going to Heaven IF you obey God's LAW Jesus paid tax to avoid trouble with the then present govt. so if you wanted to avoid being stop from doing your business, pax tax

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by khazy: 3:43pm On Nov 13, 2016
Kayleb26:
I can't stop thinking about this in the past few days... Will a Christian go to hell for not paying tax seeing that payment of tax is encouraged in the Scriptures (Rom 13:1-6 and Mark 12:16-17).

Now no adult I know pays tax. I understand everything goods and services we pay for have been taxed albeit I know that's not the only tax we're to pay.

There are many justifiable reasons why most people don't pay tax in Nigeria these include :
2. Corruption
4. Multiple taxation

Should a Christian continue to pay tax regardless whether he sees the effects or not, Can he use the above "justifiable reasons" to avoid tax? Will God excuse him on that ground? Will he go to hell for civil disobedience?

You wont my brother, it is our leaders that will go to hell for collecting tax and sharing it within themselves

Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2016
seguno2:

Why did Jesus say- Give unto Ceaser what is Ceaser's......?

The guy was scared for his life man,the fear of tax collectors is the beginning of wisdom o my man,if you don't fear taxman then I doubt who/what you.
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Kayleb26(m): 4:23pm On Nov 13, 2016
neolboy:
read roman's 13vs1-7

This reference was supposed to address the issue of whether a believer is to go ahead and honour civil authorities when they make laws that are not convenient.
Rom 13:1-7

Thank you
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by Kayleb26(m): 4:26pm On Nov 13, 2016
GoodMuyis:

I Timothy 1:9 - Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

If you obey God's LAW, you dont have to fear about Govt law. the law of the land does not stop you from going to Heaven IF you obey God's LAW Jesus paid tax to avoid trouble with the then present govt. so if you wanted to avoid being stop from doing your business, pax tax

If I could love this twice....
Thanks for the contribution
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by lekzman: 5:37pm On Nov 13, 2016
Tax! Tax!! Tax!!! I do not believe that Tax is compulsory for everybody but, i do know that tax is to give to poor people, develop country or your comunity etc. nothing more. Not to pastor or mallam. If you want yearly or montly it could be daly, it is your call to answe. To those who it believed in the statement that Jesus die for our sin, please! And please do not think that you will be free if you comit any crime. Remenber that we all going to answer or face our crime tomorrow. May God be with us
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by sirfee(m): 6:30pm On Nov 13, 2016
grin you go pass hell rubbish
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by VajanahDischaj(f): 9:42am On Nov 14, 2016
Kayleb26:

2. Corruption
4. Multiple taxation

what is a nigeria sef
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by neolboy(m): 11:17am On Nov 14, 2016
Kayleb26:

This reference was supposed to address the issue of whether a believer is to go ahead and honour civil authorities when they make laws that are not convenient.
Rom 13:1-7

Thank you

You are only allowed to disobey a law unless it contradicts the commandments of God. in the case of the three Hebrew men and also Daniel
Re: Will I Go To Hell For Not Paying Tax To Nigeria? by HQuadreal: 6:14am On Nov 15, 2016
Jexyme:

Yes! You will, infact the very bottom of it.
So pay your taxes appropriately.
hahaha Badt girl.

Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? / The Dome Above The Earth Will Shatter Beliefs And Topple Nations-abachwezi / Four Simple Ways To Avoid And Overcome Sin.