Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

My Birthday: The Tale Of A Boy - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Birthday: The Tale Of A Boy (529 Views)

Younger Wole Soyinka Smoking, With A Boy Around Him (Throwback Photo) / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Birthday: The Tale Of A Boy by LOC1(m): 8:16am On Nov 12, 2016
This is my first story. Relax and read.
Your comments are highly welcomed.

I wasted no extra time in doing all that had to be done that fateful morning. In no time, I was set for a ѕcнool. I brought out a small piece of paper from my bible, I reharsed the lines over and over again. "Today Na today" I muttered to myself and at the same time arranging my blue tie on my shirt. Need I remind you it was the annual children's day anniversary taking place in my school and coincidentally my birthday.

I have looked forward to seeing this day, an opportunity to tell her how much I care about her and how I would want us to be in a relationship. A serious one to be precise.

Soon I was set and I headed for school all smiles. With the aid of my headset, I was listening to "a thousand years by Christiana Perri" as I hurried down to school. The song was the perfect motivation any one could ask for at that point. The adrenaline in me now could move mountains.

In no time I was at the school gate. At the gate were this mean looking security men. "Where your pass" said one of the men as he was echoed by his colleague. I had carefully placed it in my breast pocket before leaving home. I quickly located it and I was allowed to go in.

The party had barely started when I got to the school hall. Behold, there was my crush dressed like Cinderella with her silver studded watch. She looked liked a bride waiting for her groom. She was looking forever beautiful. fortunately for me, I found an empty seat a little distant from her. This position gave me the perfect opportunity to steal a look at her at intervals. At a point, it became mutual. I had caught her about three times lost at me and when she realizes that I caught her stare, she smiled at me. At this point, I was feeling fly..............I moved out of the hall, I'm not used to hip hop. The sound of the song playing from the speakers could destroy my ear drum. Being a prefect I sent for my crush via a junior pupil. The rendezvous was behind the physics lab. It took her about 30minutes to show up, at a point I was beginning to doubt if she would honor the invitation.

Here she was, "keji", I started, I poured out all the lines like a child who just learnt the Nigeria states and capitals. Her continuous smile gave мe the courage to continue. It felt so easy telling her.

"Collins", you need Jesus! You dont need a relationship was the next thing I heard. At first I thought it was my physics teacher because of the tenor she used in replying me. But seconds later it dawned on me that this was a lost course. She continued by boring me with some sermon. I just stood there dumbfounded. When she was done, she patted me on the back wishing me a happy birthday. What just happened? She just stabbed me with a knife and cut me in to two. I had to leave for home immediately.

(1) (Reply)

You Wonder What Kind Of Son You Are / Diary Of An Illegal Immigrant {betrayal, Love, Luck} / All Nairalanders Writers Get In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.