Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,202 members, 7,811,541 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV (26252 Views)

Next Rated Award Winners At The Headies Since 2006 / SUV For Next Rated Act Of The Year At #12thheadies (Photos) / Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by NeChErEnO1(m): 11:39am On Nov 12, 2016
abeg who be Tecno sef? Huh?

2 Likes

Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by Horlorlardaey: 11:39am On Nov 12, 2016
to me

Ycee and Tekno are bigger than that
even though they never get album

anyways, best of luck to all of them
Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by DrayZee: 11:40am On Nov 12, 2016
Park01:
Unknown musicians nominated for the Headies award sev.....

Mr Eazy
Aramide

Are they musicians??.... grin

grin
Chai... Better go and know Mr Eazi. After Tekno, he's the next best there.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by Bossmd: 11:41am On Nov 12, 2016
Elnino4ladies:
I'm hearing american accent inside this keke..are they back already?

Lool. cheesy
Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by RZArecta(m): 11:42am On Nov 12, 2016
donblade85555:
tekno is bigger than it
he's not bigger than anything if he hasn't officially released an album, don't join the ignorant ones in their folly

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by Ovokoo: 11:45am On Nov 12, 2016
The issue is not even about him being nominated for the NEXT RATED category as i understand where HipTV is coming from. But should that stop him from being nominated for other categories? Does being nominated for NEXT RATED stop someone from winning best song and artiste of the year?

1 Like

Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by Bossmd: 11:45am On Nov 12, 2016
Park01:
Unknown musicians nominated for the Headies award sev.....

Mr Eazy
Aramide

Are they musicians??.... grin

grin

My brother I also said the same thing before I knew "Mr EAZI." I tell you Eazi is good.

Pls go and find him songs ooh grin

7 Likes

Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by holluphemydavid(m): 11:46am On Nov 12, 2016
Team Teckno
Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by frontierlee: 11:51am On Nov 12, 2016
Headies are just getting it wrong year after year [b][/b][color=#006600][/color]
Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by OKorowanta: 11:55am On Nov 12, 2016
Smellymouth:
Skales and Orezi were nominated under the same category in the year 2014, no one complained..

Abi nor be the Best Breakthrough Act Tekno win for Mama Awards, so because Mama Award na international, na why he nor complain?

So on point.

2 Likes

Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by koolModee: 12:00pm On Nov 12, 2016
There is always an issue with the black man's thinking faculty; breakthrough artist and next rated artist, what's the difference?! I think the award organisers should just remove his name.

1 Like

Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by jammyunn(m): 12:01pm On Nov 12, 2016
no matter how "headies" want to justify this, "next rated" in simple English means an "unknown" entity has done well to be recognized. whether or not he/she has an album doesn't matter. all they need do is change the name of the category award to suit their idea of it.

3 Likes

Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by cr7lomo: 12:11pm On Nov 12, 2016
Smellymouth:
Skales and Orezi were nominated under the same category in the year 2014, no one complained..

Abi nor be the Best Breakthrough Act Tekno win for Mama Awards, so because Mama Award na international, na why he nor complain?

Headies is local while mama is international...recognized in ur country first b4 outside
Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by mikuz(m): 12:21pm On Nov 12, 2016
This is absolute nonsense!! Because Tekno doesn't have an album do not mean that he's an upcoming artist. This award is for any artiste who started making waves under the year of review irrespective of whether you own an album or not. Tekno does not fit into this description since he has been making waves since 2012. These guys are just trying to cover up their incompetence!
Album co stardom ni

1 Like

Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by mikuz(m): 12:23pm On Nov 12, 2016
And he MAMA award was truly deserving and on point, since he started making waves outside this country and in Africa as a whole only recently.
Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by Handsomecole(m): 12:29pm On Nov 12, 2016
Now I understand, but not withstanding. Teckno is bigger than such award category. Releasing an album is not a major criteria for music achievement. Yet Teckno has achieved a whole lot Singer, Dancer, Writer and Producer. Abeg just carry the award and give Mr. Eazi jeje...

1 Like

Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by Lowkey1870: 12:31pm On Nov 12, 2016
ayourbamie:
Now I know
Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by Gassa007: 12:49pm On Nov 12, 2016
Bossmd:

Don't mind him, he knows he will still lose to ingenious "Mr Eazi" so he quickly find escape root grin grin
You need to take your pills,just imagine MR Eazi is better than Tekno
Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by Fkforyou(m): 12:56pm On Nov 12, 2016
I guess those screaming they don't know Mr.Eazi don't watch music channel that much. He has some good songs out there (bankulize,anointing, skin tight, dance for me, ohema e.t.c) and I won't mind if he wins the award.
When you hear "it's your boy eazi" just start to dey move your body small small cos na jam when go burst your brain... cool kiss

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by starwar(m): 12:57pm On Nov 12, 2016
Holuwakemmy16:
chai am outdated I don't know these people,this Niger state is too boring can't wait to come to Lagos
Ehya ,I can really feel ur pain...my friend grad from futminna anytime he is around im just dey talk like mumu ni like say na anoda planet im dey before

1 Like

Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by Bossmd: 1:01pm On Nov 12, 2016
Gassa007:

You need to take your pills,just imagine MR Eazi is better than Tekno

Well I'm not exactly saying that. Putting Tekno on that list is BIG insult! Although Mr Eazi will win that category even if you leave Tekno on the list.

1 Like

Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by troylaurenz: 1:02pm On Nov 12, 2016
Singer
Oluwatosin Oluwole Ajibade, known professionally as Mr Eazi, is a Nigerian Afrobeat singer based in Ghana since 2007. Wikipedia
Born: Port Harcourt
Genres: Afrobeat, Soul music
Associated acts: Ko-Jo Cue, Pappy Kojo
Songs
Dance For Me

Hollup

Bankulize

See this Mr Eazi guy has been around for a while ... oga tekno should learn humility

4 Likes

Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by Holuwakemmy16(f): 1:08pm On Nov 12, 2016
chai NYSC no try at all,they posted me to Bids chai
Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by modath(f): 1:09pm On Nov 12, 2016
Fkforyou:
I guess those screaming they don't know Mr.Eazi don't watch music channel that much. He has some good songs out there (bankulize,anointing, skin tight, dance for me, ohema e.t.c) and I won't mind if he wins the award.

When you hear "it's your boy eazi" just start to dey move your body small small cos na jam when go burst your brain... cool kiss

Gbam!! smiley smiley

5 Likes

Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by Corlah: 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2016
Tekno is to big for that category and headies wanna justify the nomination, and who they compare mr eazi with abegi ...holl up
Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by Philgbeee(m): 1:14pm On Nov 12, 2016
[quote author=Holuwakemmy16 post=50977704]chai NYSC no try at all,they posted me to Bids chai[/quot
Niger state get as e be ooo..I spent 6 years there so I understand your plight.. Pele dear grin
Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by Philgbeee(m): 1:17pm On Nov 12, 2016
starwar:
Ehya ,I can really feel ur pain...my friend grad from futminna anytime he is around im just dey talk like mumu ni like say na anoda planet im dey before

Broz abeg no dey yab us...naso my guyz dey tell me too that year wheneva am home during the break... MX no make sense at all
Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by Omotaday(m): 1:19pm On Nov 12, 2016
Mr Eazi is talented and better than Tecno. One of the most sort after artist this year. Na everyone one dey feature am now. Abeg holl up!

1 Like

Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by Holuwakemmy16(f): 1:24pm On Nov 12, 2016
Tanx
Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by Philgbeee(m): 1:29pm On Nov 12, 2016
Holuwakemmy16:
Tanx

which local government is your PPA sef..
Re: What The Next Rated Category Award Really Means - HIPTV by Holuwakemmy16(f): 1:33pm On Nov 12, 2016
Bida

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Bad Girl" - Terry Apala Ft Bisola Of BBNaija / Download Post Malone - Psycho Ft. Ty Dolla Sign / 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Influenced Contemporary Nigerian Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.