Stats: 3,194,362 members, 7,954,474 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:54 PM

"The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. (49488 Views)

Don't! Look Closer- A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide / 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide / Sinister Affections Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 8:45pm On Nov 13, 2016
CHAPTER 12

Anthony moved along side Saheed as they both talked and exchanged numbers in the parking lot.

“Did you hear that? They are awarding the graduants” said Saheed

“Yeah, one day we too are going to be awarded and be inducted into the military” said Anthony.

“It will be a long journey, brother” said Saheed

“Yeah, it will, I can’t wait to be called Major General Anthony” Anthony blushily said.

Saheed smiled, me too.

Anthony looked around the parking lot and saw Chief Fredrick and said to Saheed “it isn’t that Chief Fredrick of Southern Political Faction?”

“It is.” “Look at him, fine man” replied Saheed

At the corner of Anthony’s eye, he saw a figure emerge out behind a tree and started firing quick gunshot at Chief Fredrick, but Chief Fredrick’s bodyguard stepped in front of Chief Fredrick making the bullets hit him on his forehead, stomach and shoulder blade, the bullet that entered his shoulder blade pierced his bone and went straight to hit another human being.

KADUNA DISTRICT UNIT POLICE vehicle was stationed in front of Nigeria Defence Academy.

Abu, Niyi, Shola and some handful of other Police operatives dressed in operational uniforms ran towards the place where the gunshots was released, while the DPO stayed in the event hall with five Police operatives to guard the place and claim the people from panic.

ANTHONY on kneels, frightened by the gunshots, he looked up from behind the car he was behind and saw more figures rushing out from a car.

He turned to look at his friend Saheed, but less did he know that Saheed had been hit by the straight bullet had penetrated the bodyguard’s shoulder blade, it caught him by the ribs and Saheed died on the spot.

Anthony shaking Saheed and whispering “Saheed, Saheed, what’s wrong man?”

He shaked his body again but it was arid. Saheed laid there on the ground, eyes looking up and never blinking.

That was when Anthony’s hand touched the rib section of Saheed’s body and saw blood, blood oozed out in great mass.

Anthony trembled, as he was about to drop a tear, he saw a figure rushing towards him, his heartbeat accelerated and his spirit was about to jump out of him when the figure appeared.

“Chief Fredrick” Anthony was startled.
Still in his Agbada attire, Chief Fredrick was covered with beads of sweats as he kneeled beside Anthony, he as being hit by the series of gunshots.

“Are you are alright sir” asked Anthony

Breathing heavily Chief Fredrick replied “Am fine, …. they are trying to kill me, ….. you need to listen to me carefully, …. you need to find that video and documents that incriminate the Northern Political Faction in the death of …… the former Presi… ”

“Don’t talk anymore” Anthony whispered “Let’s get out of here first of all”

“Listen to me ….. find that video …. It is in the hands of Reporter ….” He was fading away.

“COVER ME” shouted Officer Niyi to his fellow Police operatives as they fired multiple shots at the assailants.

In the course of using brute force to capsize the assailants stance, one the assailants got hit and expired on the spot. Also, one of the police operatives got hit by the right ear, his ear splattered away into tiny bits.

Bullets were traded, that could deafen the human sense of hearing, merciless and brutal assassins of Latnoc tried to push the police operatives into a corner, but they were wrong, the police operatives were too equipped with guns and other security amenities.

In the savage and sinister moment as this, both forces dishing out all they got through the use of man-made metal in this territory.

Scorpion saw that he could not bring the police operatives to its kneel, calculated his options and realized it is a waste of time to continue this battle without any assurance of victory, he needs to retreat now, as more police reinforcements are already joining the battle of bullets.

“Retreat, Retreat” Scorpion shouted at the top of his lungs to his co-assassins.

They ditched the war and entered into a vehicle that accommodate all of them, that was already parked, and had been gutted with bullets but was still functioning.

Scorpion at the wheel of the vehicle as he turned on the ignition key and wound off through the already prepared escaped route that Gen. Audu has already prepared in case of necessity, well it is more than useful now as Scorpion swerved the vehicle followed by some series of gunshots fired to the vehicle, which penetrated and hit the back neck of one of the assassins in the vehicle.

Niyi barked orders at his fellow police operatives to lockdown Nigeria Defence Academy gates and all escape routes.

Running back to the scene where the battle took place, he shouted that someone should get an ambulance as he saw Chief Fredrick already soaked in his own blood, next to Chief Fredrick’s body is another lifeless body, which Niyi did not recognized, standing next to the body is Anothny crying but he was not audible, one could see the bloodstains on his hands.

Niyi pointed the Glock GT834 to Anthony, saying “Let me see your hands”

“I didn’t kill them …. They were shot by those people.” Anthony was crying audible now.

"This is my friend Saheed, we met at the registrar' office" Anthony said further.

Niyi lowered his gun as he shouted for medical assistance “Call an ambulance ! ” to his fellow police operative standing at his back.

His walkie-talking attached to his belt on his waist spark up to life “Officer Niyi, report your status”

Niyi removed the walkie-talkie, took a little breath and said “Am good, the assassins got away and we lost one man”

“What about Chief Fredrick? Is he alive?” asked the other person on the line.

“No, he is dead” responded Niyi

There was a five seconds silence on other line, but afterwards said “Call an ambulance to clear up the body”

“Bodies” replied Niyi, he said further “There is another body here, it is a male, I think it is one of the student of Nigeria Defence Academy, and I have the friend of the dead unknown student here too, Male”

“What?” the person on the other line cursed under his breath.

“Have you deposed the boy?” (Referring to Anthony)

“No, I haven’t” replied Niyi

“Depose him and find out everything he knows about what happened” said the other person on the line as he killed the connection.

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by bossy512(f): 9:45pm On Nov 13, 2016
Nice one, thanks
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by crislyn(f): 9:53pm On Nov 13, 2016
Nice story.
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2016
CHAPTER 14

Inside the restaurant, many customers were coming in to buy food, some were going out already eaten, while some are going out with a container of food in hand.

Charles ordered for two Coca-Cola drinks for me and him and paid for it instantly, he was to collect change, but he told the person to keep the change.

The Coca-Cola was placed in front of us, set on the table, but I don’t want a drink from a total stranger.

Charles said in a husky voice after taking a sip of his drink “Do you know the reason Chief Fredrick died?”

“No, and I don’t want to know, why don’t you go straight to the point and elucidate more on what you are saying” replied Anthony

“Good, I am Charles Armstrong, I work for the NIA” said Charles

Anthony asked with a puzzled look on his face “What is NIA”

“It is Nigeria Investigation Agency” he said further “It is a classified secret agency”

“If it is a classified secret agency, why are you telling me about its existence?” asked Anthony

“I had to, for you to believe me” replied Charles
Charles pressed further “Chief Fredrick approached our Agency Director last year, he gave accounts of some evil perpetrators camouflaging themselves as politicians in Nigeria, and they were sanctioning hits on innocent people, bending people to do their will with the use of violence and guns.”

And he narrated the whole thing about the blood feud between the Southern Political Faction and the Northern Political Faction and how the Northern Political Faction poisoned the former President, and pushed up their own candidate to the presidential seat, by the means of assassinating key political mates and killing their opponent’s presidential candidate.

Charles paused a little, as he sipped his drink and ordering a female attendee to get doughnuts, so as to let Anthony digest what he has just heard.

“How did Chief Fredrick knew of the Agency if it was classified?” asked Anthony adroitly.

Charles was perplexed “You don’t need to know”

“I need to know the whole story if you truly want the information you are seeking” Anthony said with a more serious look on his face.

The female attendee arrived back with the doughnuts in a nlyon and on a stray.

She dropped the tray in front of Charles and he paid for it, and she went away before Charles replied the question.

“Well” Charles looked down on his doughnuts for five seconds before raising up his head and said “Chief Fredrick is a deep cover secret agent of the Agency”

Anthony said “What?”

Charles went further “He has been in the Agency for so long, since his youth, he was a spy operative, the gathering of classified secrets from foreign enemies, which will be beneficial to the country.”

Anthony looked around and rubbed his face with his palm and muttered “Oh God” under his breath.

“So, who are these assassins that killed my friend” asked Anthony as he tightened his fist.

Taking a short breath, Charles said “We call it Latnoc, which is headed by Major General Audu of Nigeria Defence Academy” he said further “Am sure you know him.”

Anthony couldn’t believe that such a man like Gen. Audu could soil his hands in unscrupulous and malfeasance acts especially in the killing of people, innocent people.

Gen. Audu has been Anthony’s role model and fantasy for joining the Nigeria Defence Academy, but as his mother always said “Never trust anymore, even me your mother”.

Speaking with renewed courage and spirited vigor, Anthony said “I will tell you what Chief Fredrick said to me on one condition”

“Which is?” Charles asked

“I will take part in bringing Latnoc to justice.” Anthony replied

“You must be crazy” Charles said as he made a chuckle “You can’t stand against Latnoc without any formal training, you will be a liability and you might die if you do so because we can’t keep you safe.”

“Don’t worry about me, a deal or not” asked Anthony looking straight into Charles eye balls.
Charles shaked his head slowly “I will talk to my superiors about it”

“And also, we will put two of our security agents at your house” he said further.

“Why?”

“Do you know how I got to know that Chief Fredrick told you something before he died? Well, there was a CCTV Security camera in the car park where all the shootings took place.

I saw how the kneeling Chief Frederick spoke something to you, and if I noticed it, then Gen. Audu will notice it too.”

Anthony took a short breath before saying “All right”

Charles rose up to leave but was cut short by Anthony words “How am I going to contact you?"
"Don't worry, I will find you" Charles said without looking back.

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by saxwizard(m): 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2016
the storyline is good Mr Whizzdom but don't rush it
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Creeza(m): 10:17pm On Nov 13, 2016
saxwizard:
the storyline is good Mr Whizzdom but don't rush it
asin eh! I REMEMBER READING chapter 4 last, now its 12. Oga easy nah, rushing the story will make people loose interest. I'M being honest here. I like your plot- dont rush it, cox I'm lost already. Thnk you.
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by AyamConfidence(m): 9:12am On Nov 14, 2016
nice story I must say...
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by huzhomah(m): 9:33am On Nov 14, 2016
Ok... I Don show... Ride on... More ink to ur pen
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 10:20am On Nov 14, 2016
Okay, won't rush it.

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by olumose001(m): 11:20am On Nov 14, 2016
don't rush, but upload regularly sha!!
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by tripletees1(m): 1:27pm On Nov 14, 2016
I don land for here like MTN Bonaza..
being a first timer of following an ongoing story i hope the story will be completed...

anyways... I dey ur back like school bag..

#sips Holandia youghurt..
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 14, 2016
Whizzdom:

This is a new thriller story.

Enjoy.

Crazyg0d
veek!d
swann
jagugu88l!
lawhahdeyÿ
D0minique
Mh!z
skarl3tt
sotoz0
Anug0d
johnwizeyÿ
Just got here.
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Ultimategeneral: 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2016
Sweet man keep it coming
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by tripletees1(m): 8:36pm On Nov 14, 2016
jagugu88li:
Just got here.
Welcome on board..
wey d barman of this thread?? I need GOLDBERG
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Lildrizzle(m): 6:59am On Nov 15, 2016
Sexytemi:

Who has pop corn??, I can't miss this story o

. 1 orijin 4 U
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Dannyfaraday(m): 8:53am On Nov 15, 2016
Nice story.
Love the idea of you narrating the story from two different parts at the beginning.
But when you want to Explain a word, always put it in bracket. Don't just write it like that.
And Don't rush it but be consistent
Make people be eager for the next episode.
Let each episode end with suspense for the next.
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by saxwizard(m): 9:18am On Nov 15, 2016
op comman update na
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by tripletees1(m): 10:13am On Nov 15, 2016
boss it's almost two days now without an update...

na u guys talk say mk he no rush... it be like say d guy don misinterprete am oo..

#Sips_Holandia_Youghurt
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by chukslawrence(m): 10:39am On Nov 15, 2016
Whizzdom:

You are welcome. Thanks.

PopoolaTaiwo, invinzible1 BABZIENE Deo7 Maryofficial samb4luv viktohmarkz Countrygirl chukslawrence Deckylicious
Thanks!
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Creeza(m): 12:24pm On Nov 15, 2016
Update Please
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Tuhndhay(m): 3:27pm On Nov 15, 2016
Cool story Bro...... Following
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 15, 2016
tripletees1:

Welcome on board..

wey d barman of this thread??
I need GOLDBERG
Bro, you will be disappointed to know I haven't even taken a sit yet, let alone locating the bar sef grin

Mr. Author Sir! I will read and finish tonight. Love the storyline but, I still have to manage my reading schedule well. Keep it up bro
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 4:49pm On Nov 15, 2016
jagugu88li:
Bro, you will be disappointed to know I haven't even taken a sit yet, let alone locating the bar sef grin

Mr. Author Sir! I will read and finish tonight. Love the storyline but, I still have to manage my reading schedule well. Keep it up bro

Thanks, will do.

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 15, 2016
Antony has a big role to play here. Good thing Charles come to him before Gen Audu's guys got to him.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for him.
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 15, 2016
I'm here
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 7:09pm On Nov 15, 2016
jagugu88li:
Antony has a big role to play here. Good thing Charles come to him before Gen Audu's guys got to him.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for him.

Charles is the knight with the shinning armour. Stay glued.
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 7:10pm On Nov 15, 2016
DESNAT:
I'm here

Have you gone through the story?
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 7:12pm On Nov 15, 2016
jagugu88li:

Alright, I will quiz you on it in order to know if truly you read the whole story.

Read.
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 7:22pm On Nov 15, 2016
I didn't post Chapter 13 and jumped to Chapter 14 and nobody told me.

Readers!!!
Chapter 13 is being posted now.
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 7:25pm On Nov 15, 2016
CHAPTER 13

Death is the end of all living organism so says science and the Supreme Being.

We live day in and day out never thinking of death. We eat, drink, play, work and sleep is all we do, but we don’t think of when death is going to overshadow us and encamp us into the spirit world. It was said that when people die, they become soulless; they cease to exist, their world and life ends there, their jobs, money, wife or husband (if they had one) and thoughts.

What is left of them is their legacy, how did they live their lives. This is my first time attending a funeral service, the funeral service of Saheed.

My friend that makes me laugh with his humour, it was like yesterday, it was yesterday, after the realization dawned on me, I was deposed by the police and I wrote statement of the scenes I witnessed, how it all happened in real time, but I left the part where the Chief Fredrick told me of the evidence, the video.

Chief Fredrick saturated in his own blood, I saw his tired eyes seeking mine, imploring me to find the reporter, but he failed to mention the name of the reporter.

I had to be here for my friend, the two hours friendship meant a lot to me.

Saheed, rolled in a white garb now leveled into the hole, the dark hole that comprises of maybe a sinister or a consecrated vacuity.

The bereaved family was wailing and crying as bereavement has cut short the lifespan of their young and energetic son.

Buried with full military honours and saluted for as if he had fought many battles and conquered many enemies, pictorially, he was painted as a gigantic figure that is not to be toiled with.

Six military operatives lined up, three on the left, the other three on the right, they raised up their guns in unison as the body was being laid in, firing three shots upward, the memory of yesterday’s shootings came back to me in a flashback.

The funeral had finished and everyone leaving the cemetery, Saheed’s parent touched their son’s grave site and muttered a word that was not audible enough to my ear, after which they left, I stood there looking at the grave site, tears flocked down on my cheek, but I comport myself and kneeled down beside Saheed’s grave site and said in a low tone “Till we meet again my good friend”.

“WHAT CAUSED THE SHOOTINGS” asked a black reporter to General Audu

“I don’t know what caused the shootings, but we and the Kaduna Police Command have already set an investigation in motion, and I assure you that the perpetrators will be brought to justice” replied Gen. Audu

The reporters tried to swarm him with other questions, but he said

“No more comment, please, thank you” as he find his way out of the reporters in front of him with the help of his bodyguard.

Inside his office, Gen. Audu sat down and was contemplating about which action should be taken.

He has already ordered the compilation of yesterday’s shooting video from the CCTV Security Department.

“There should be a clue that will lead us to where the video and documents are” Gen. Audu said in his thought.

CROSSING the street and heading to get a taxi to take me home, I was bunged by a fair looking man, he wore a silk black jacket and had a brown eyes.

He looked into my eyes, piercing my soul or should I say searching my soul for God-knows-what, but he was looking intently at me. I tried to take the right way to pass him by, but he blocked by path, still looking at me, then I said “Excuse me” in a respectful way.

“You must be Anthony Godwill, right?” asked the man

“Yes, and who are you?” Anthony replied with a quizzical look on his face.

“I am Charles Armstrong” replied the man as he outstretched is arm to shake Anthony’s arm.

But Anthony recoiled, looking at him and said “Am sorry, I do not know you, and I have no idea how you get to know my name”

Charles withdrawing is outstretched arm back to the former position and dipping them into his trouser pocket said “I will go straight to the point, but while not let us discuss what am about to tell you in that restaurant” he pointed to the restaurant across the road.

“Am sorry, I don’t converse with strangers” Anthony said as he tried to take another route to where he was going, but was cut short by the words of Charles “I know Chief Fredrick told you something yesterday before he died”

Anthony turned back; he was dumbfounded on how did the stranger calling himself Charles knew about what the dying Chief Fredrick said.

“And I can assure you that you are in grave danger, Anthony” said Charles with a serious look on his face.

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 15, 2016
Whizzdom:

Alright, I will quiz you on it in order to know if truly you read the whole story.

Read.
Read! grin
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by saxwizard(m): 7:48pm On Nov 15, 2016
so op won't give us better update because u no wan rush

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) / Set Apart / Elechi Amadi Is Dead

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57