Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

How Can I Get It To Work On Linux? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Get It To Work On Linux? (829 Views)

Where Can I Learn How To Install Oracle 11g On Linux online tutorial. / Configure Starcomms Usb Modem On Linux / Please How Do I Install And Use Aircrack On Linux (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Get It To Work On Linux? by kunz: 1:28am On Jan 05, 2007
Hi everyone,
I have been using the linux OS for sometime now and i'm using the red hat enterprise linux.I download and insalled realplayer,but i cannot play anything with it.What could possible be wrong?
secondly,i browse the internet on windows with starcomms.Is it possible for me to browse thesame way on my linux?If it is possible pls do let me know what to do and how to go about it.
Thirdly,how can i get toinstall quicktime for linux?If u know the right syntax,pls do post it to me

Thanx undecided
Re: How Can I Get It To Work On Linux? by adewaleafolabi(m): 12:07pm On Jan 05, 2007
welcome to linux. i use ubuntu so my solution might be a little different. login as root open a terminal and type wvdialconf and make sure your starcomms is connected. them it would detect and write it to a file. then type vi /etc/wvdial.conf then edit this file by pressing insert or i then fill in the appropriate info like target no and don't forget to remove the semicolon in front of user name and password then save and exit and type wvdial in a terminal to disconnect press ctrl and c

(1) (Reply)

Pc-pc Sharing / 512mb Ram / Nicomm 2007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.