Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,852 members, 7,831,753 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Problematic VCD - Help Me! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Problematic VCD - Help Me! (830 Views)

Pls How Do I Copy A Movie Fron A Vcd Plate To My Phone Via Laptop / No Sound From Speakers When Playing Vcd Or Dvd On My System. / How To Erase A VCD Or DVD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problematic VCD - Help Me! by MsBS(f): 5:58pm On Mar 17, 2007
I have a problem.

I have watched tonnes of VCD's on my player, but this one just will not work.

I borrowed Faces of Africa from my friend and it registered as "no disc." I then wiped the disc with scratch remover and tried again. It did not work.

I gave it back to my friend and then later bought faces of africa and showgirls for myself. I went to put the part two disc in (part one works fine) and again NOTHING, "no disc" I looked on the surface and it is perfectly smooth so it is nothing to do with scratches or dirt.

so by now I was really miffed to say the least, so I thought I would try it on my computer and HEY PRESTO! It worked, only problem is that my compter has not sound the sound card is messed up!

This has happed to me once before with SUPERLOVE. I took it back to the guy I bought it from and he put it in his DVD player and it worked.

What is going on?
What can I do to make it play in my player?

Has anyone else experienced the same kind of problem?
Re: Problematic VCD - Help Me! by Raymand(m): 8:51pm On Mar 17, 2007
I get that fault too, but only on my laptop. . .maybe they didn't burn the cd correctly before mass producing it. . .
Re: Problematic VCD - Help Me! by MsBS(f): 9:27pm On Mar 17, 2007
How would that explain why it works on other players?
Re: Problematic VCD - Help Me! by Raymand(m): 9:33pm On Mar 17, 2007
That's weird. . .
Re: Problematic VCD - Help Me! by Seun(m): 11:18am On Mar 18, 2007
Solution: rip the VCD to your computer, and then burn a new VCD from your PC. The new VCD should work flawlessly.

(1) (Reply)

Today's Technology News / Microsoft Wants Royalties For Open-source Software (linux) / 512mb Ram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.