Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? (27352 Views)

IPOB Is Sponsored By Looters And The Politically Disgruntled - Lai Mohammed / For How Long Can Nigeria Wait For A President Who Is Incapacitated?- Ayo Fayose / Meaning Of Acting President VS Coordinating President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by drpossibilities(m): 10:09am On Nov 13, 2016
abu12:

who is US Senate President? I heard the name of Obama, Joe Biden who is the vice president and hillary Clinton who is the Secretary of state, but I don't hear the the name of us Senate President why?

Because in the United States of America, the Vice President also doubles as the President of the Senate. Thus Vice President Joe Biden is also the President of the United States Senate.
Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by enitey(f): 10:10am On Nov 13, 2016
Senate President my Boo
Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by oluamid(m): 10:12am On Nov 13, 2016
engrchykae:
the way Nigeria is modeled to favor the northerners,the vp which must by default be a southern lot if a northerner is the president cannot be allowed to control an important instrument of power as the senate.
remember when zik was president,the the office of the president was just ceremonial but when he left ,the office was overloaded with functions and duties.
it's a broaddaylight robbery for the north to control both the legislature and presidency.
we southerners are educated fools and cowards especially those at the West of Nigeria.

As per your last statement: biko what stops the other part of the 'South' from not becoming "fools and cowards"?

Everytime the South has manage to hold on to power in this country it is the same 'coward' West who has made it happened. Biko what is stopping the other part of the south from taking on the North? Why must it be the West who must do it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by drss2(m): 10:15am On Nov 13, 2016
flamyd:
Do you know a place called Aro in Abeokuta? I heard it's one of the best neuropsychiatric hospitals in Africa. When someone starts to laugh at what is not funny then something needs to be done
why should i go to any hospital wen laughter is d best cure for any disease grin
Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by yedidiah(m): 10:15am On Nov 13, 2016
Even deputy speaker get mouth pass vice President and deputy governor. They are just ceremonial figures. They only do what they are assigned- no official portfolio
Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by Duru009(m): 10:21am On Nov 13, 2016
Senate president is more powerful and respected more than the vice.....
Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by YUNGSOLDIER(m): 10:29am On Nov 13, 2016
Senate President of cos.cos they av closely relationship with House Member & Senates.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by engrchykae(m): 10:32am On Nov 13, 2016
oluamid:

As per your last statement: biko what stops the other part of the 'South' from not becoming "fools and cowards"?

Everytime the South has manage to hold on to power in this country it is the same 'coward' West who has made it happened. Biko what is stopping the other part of the south from taking on the North? Why must it be the West who must do it?
because u gave the north the two most important instruments. of power the presidency and legislature neverdone in our history.
Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by CSTR13: 10:44am On Nov 13, 2016
balosunky:
Idiot yet u voted massively for obj during him regime.u re as useless as the b in comb
I doubt if that will happen again.
A yoruba man will have a hard time becoming a southern consensus candidate.
Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by oluamid(m): 10:45am On Nov 13, 2016
engrchykae:
because u gave the north the two most important instruments. of power the presidency and legislature neverdone in our history.

The legislature is headed by Bukola Saraki, a Yoruba man from Kwara state.

Anyways, let's assume the West did what you are alledging above, my question is what is the other part of the South doing to rectify the situation? Why is it that the South always look to the West to bail it out whenever they feel cheated and still turn around to heap abuse on this same West? Fine, you feel the West has made the North dominate the political landscape, but what are the other regions in the South doing about the seemingly unwanted situation other than trading blames and abuse over and over again?

2 Likes

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by profhezekiah: 10:47am On Nov 13, 2016
in a normal setting d VP is more powerful as d 2nd in command in a true democratic nation nt Nigeria, d senate president never have power of his own he depen on seante constitutional power,if nt for d senate dat was behind him,he will have been swept away in his forgery n corruption trial,dat is y nigeria is called a zoo
Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 13, 2016
playboy99:
who is the senate president ?who is the senate president ?
a Fulani from illorin
Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 13, 2016
VP who can have as much power as the president if the president chooses to bestow such powers upon him.
For instance Yemi Osinbajo is in charge of the economic team- that is real power that , a Senate president cannot ever have.

What real power does a senate president have?

Perhaps the power to frustrate or blackmail the government by delaying or rejecting bills that FG propose? is that real power?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by oakinshield: 11:02am On Nov 13, 2016
In every Democratic country, the vice president is the head of the Senate. In my opinion he is politically more powerful and influential

2 Likes

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by FakoMaybach1: 11:02am On Nov 13, 2016
themosthigh:
God is dead and heaven is in turmoil, satan and his falled angels have taken over the exalted throne of the almighty and have locked christ in the bottomless pit.
The angels have joined forces with lucifer and have taken over the golden palaces of heaven.
The saints have been massacred and their golden essence have been taken up to add to satans powers.
we have a new lord and master on earth and in the heavens.
All hail satan the lord of light, first among the angels,bringer of knowledege, conqueror of the despotic jehovah, enslaver of christ, master of space,lord of time, emperor of the universe etc
true true , you are the most high like ur moniker states...but u are high on beetle shit and akpeteshe...if the mods want to ban me they shud be free, i cant take this one wahlahi
Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by Deolunathan: 11:10am On Nov 13, 2016
Definitely the Senate president is more influential.
Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by mascot87(m): 11:12am On Nov 13, 2016
McTobe:
Senate President of course

Hypocrite

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by mascot87(m): 11:12am On Nov 13, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
In Democracy The Vice President is just a spare tyre waiting for the day his Principal (President ) sleeps and doesn't wake up grin

Hilary Clinton was more popular than Joe Biden cool

Hypocrite

3 Likes 1 Share

wordcat:
SGF is more relevant than the Vice President, how much more of the Senate President

Hypocrite

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 13, 2016
Emma5097:

Ok na mr lecturer. May the vices of the president rule over you and your family if he's incapacitated. Definitely not me and the rest of those who commented on this thread.

pls sir i didn't intend to hurt you or your families I'm not a fighter neither but If I may ask you the various times buhari had traveled outside the country WHO does he hands over to, and WHO was presiding over the executive meetings

if your answer is in the affirmative, was he not in charge?

the death of Yaradua and subsequently Jonathan steeping in comes to mind
Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by mascot87(m): 11:14am On Nov 13, 2016
Eastactivist:
Senate president of course...

The Senate president answers to no murrafucker except his mind...

But can you say so for the Vp? Your answer is good as mine...

Besides the man and his fellow afonjas are praying and wishing buhari dies in office so their afonja son will be the president... But the Northerners are too magical for the prayers and wish to come true...

And SS and SE are also praying for buhari to remain hearty, bc we can tolerate buhari but for an afonja, is a no no

If the VP is an igbo man, you would have said otherwise. Hypocrite

Also, please do yourself a favor to stop hating

3 Likes

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by wordcat(m): 11:24am On Nov 13, 2016
mascot87:

If the VP is an igbo man, you would have said otherwise. Hypocrite

This is not about being Igbo or Yoruba, VPs all over the world are nothing but spare parts that needs to wait until the original part is damaged.

I doubt if u know the name of your State Deputy Governor

1 Like

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:39am On Nov 13, 2016
playboy99:
who is the senate president ?who is the senate president ?

Does he represent the Yoruba agenda and people?
If they ask Yorubas at heart to come out, you think saraki will do so?

1 Like

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 13, 2016
Kingbusssy:
Senate president was voted for while vice president wasn't
So Sanate president is more politically relevant
Kingbusssy:
Senate president was voted for while vice president wasn't
Kingbusssy:
Senate president was voted for while vice president wasn't No.VP was also voted for .

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by fairygeh(f): 11:45am On Nov 13, 2016
Eastactivist:
Senate president of course...

The Senate president answers to no murrafucker except his mind...

But can you say so for the Vp? Your answer is good as mine...

Besides the man and his fellow afonjas are praying and wishing buhari dies in office so their afonja son will be the president... But the Northerners are too magical for the prayers and wish to come true...

And SS and SE are also praying for buhari to remain hearty, bc we can tolerate buhari but for an afonja, is a no no
Stupid racist

1 Like

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by Emma5097: 11:54am On Nov 13, 2016
carmag:

pls sir i didn't intend to hurt you or your families I'm not a fighter neither but If I may ask you the various times buhari had traveled outside the country WHO does he hands over to, and WHO was presiding over the executive meetings

if your answer is in the affirmative, was he not in charge?

the death of Yaradua and subsequently Jonathan steeping in comes to mind

Who e hand over to no concern me because e no go change anything. Was only pointing out to you that it's vice and not vices and btw if he's to hand over power it's the vp who's in charge unless otherwise stated by the baboon president.
Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by MrTolu(m): 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2016
It's so sad some Nairalanders are ill informed. Using the case of VP Osinbajo and SP Saraki as an example. Sen Saraki will give everything in life to surge to the seat of Vice President. Prof Osinbajo might not be a career politician but I can beat my chest that most Christians in Nigeria voted for the Buhari/ Osinbajo ticket because Prof Osinbajo was a pastor and that garnered more vote for the ticket. To a degree that could be political influence in a country wide election.

The Vp has more powers being just 1 step away in line of succession to the presidency.

1. He's the chairman of the National Economic Council. Ask the Governors in Nigeria who they'll rather offend btw the VP and the SP. Most governors will choose to surge to be in the post of VP than SP.

2. The VP enjoys immunity, the SP doesn't. You can gain more influence politically with your immunity as you can do many things and get away without being hurt.

3. The VP is very hard to impeach just as the President which may take months and enjoys stability but the SP can be impeached under 1hour just within the Senate and becomes a floor member like others becoming less relevant.

4. The VP has more influence in ECOWAS and Africa as a whole and most times nobody knows the SP outside the country.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by hectorswag(m): 12:13pm On Nov 13, 2016
jowhyte:
Please between a vice president an a senate president positions in Nigeria, [size=14pt]who I more[/size] influential and politically relevant in Nigeria?.

Please reasons for your answers would highly be appreciated.

Thanks

It is [size=14pt]who is more?![/size] Cmon correct yourself! angry
Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by muykem: 12:19pm On Nov 13, 2016
Vice President is higher than Senate President. Nigeria rank political office on the basis of where you can steal much. Atiku only hold VP position and I can not remember any senate President that merge his popularity.
Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by IKEOHA2019: 12:23pm On Nov 13, 2016
The Deputy Senate President(DSP) is more relevant than VP
Re: Vice President Vs Senate President: Who Is More Politically Relevant In Nigeria? by ojibole1(m): 12:23pm On Nov 13, 2016
Didn't u do govt as a subject in sec school? It's d senate president after d president.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki At The Code Of Conduct Tribunal For False Asset Declaration (photos) / INEC Issues Certificates Of Return To Adamawa Gov-Elect (Umaru Fintiri), Deputy / Maiduguri Airport Mutiny: Army Captain, 70 Others Detained For Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.