Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" (27623 Views)

Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised / Soyinka: I Don’t Care If The Next President, VP, Speaker Are Of Same Religion / Soyinka: I Won’t Participate In June 12 Celebrations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by politicoNG: 2:55pm On Apr 07, 2022
Nobel laureate Wole Soyinka has said he never endorsed the candidacy of President Muhammadu Buhari in 2015.

Mr Soyinka, during a press conference in Lagos on Thursday, said he didn’t vote on election day in 2015.

“It is false to say that I supported the election of Buhari,” he said, adding that what he said at the time was “do not vote for Jonathan.”

The professor said it is his fundamental right to vote for any candidate of his choice, and if the person fails, he is entitled to say it.

Amidst the economic hardship and insecurity across the country, a lot of Nigerians have lambasted Mr Soyinka for contributing to the emergence of Mr Buhari as president.

The Nobel laureate was a staunch critic of the Goodluck Jonathan administration.

In the run-up to the 2015 general election, he, however, distanced himself from media reports claiming he endorsed a presidential or governorship candidate.

“All such attributions are fabrications by faceless, often self-appointed agents of deception, and should be publicly pilloried,” Mr Soyinka had said in a statement in January 2015.

“Whenever I choose to declare support for a candidate – as is my electoral right – I shall ensure that I deploy a medium that places my authorship beyond dispute. Internet habitues, Social networks etc are urged to be less gullible, and avoid becoming cheap conduits for the deception industry.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/522419-just-in-i-never-said-vote-for-buhari-in-2015-soyinka.html

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by Maxymilliano(m): 2:59pm On Apr 07, 2022
Lol ... Nobody want to identify with a failure, not even Prof. Soyinka

452 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by Bola146(f): 3:01pm On Apr 07, 2022
grin past tense. Make we move front abeg.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by Rollsnjaguar(m): 3:02pm On Apr 07, 2022
grin cheesy

Everybody is removing their hand for Buhari matter.

229 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by alsudan: 3:02pm On Apr 07, 2022
Typical of an Afonja Skull miner, always speaking from both sides of the mouth.

Like Soyinka, like Desmond Elliot.

Nigerians still remember the Shepopotamus shade to Patience Jonathan by this Cultist.

373 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by meccuno: 3:04pm On Apr 07, 2022
[s]
politicoNG:
Nobel laureate Wole Soyinka has said he never endorsed the candidacy of President Muhammadu Buhari in 2015.

Mr Soyinka, during a press conference in Lagos on Thursday, said he didn’t vote on election day in 2015.

“It is false to say that I supported the election of Buhari,” he said, adding that what he said at the time was “do not vote for Jonathan.”

The professor said it is his fundamental right to vote for any candidate of his choice, and if the person fails, he is entitled to say it.

Amidst the economic hardship and insecurity across the country, a lot of Nigerians have lambasted Mr Soyinka for contributing to the emergence of Mr Buhari as president.

The Nobel laureate was a staunch critic of the Goodluck Jonathan administration.

In the run-up to the 2015 general election, he, however, distanced himself from media reports claiming he endorsed a presidential or governorship candidate.

“All such attributions are fabrications by faceless, often self-appointed agents of deception, and should be publicly pilloried,” Mr Soyinka had said in a statement in January 2015.

“Whenever I choose to declare support for a candidate – as is my electoral right – I shall ensure that I deploy a medium that places my authorship beyond dispute. Internet habitues, Social networks etc are urged to be less gullible, and avoid becoming cheap conduits for the deception industry.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/522419-just-in-i-never-said-vote-for-buhari-in-2015-soyinka.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44
[/s]stvpid old fo.ol.

163 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by sapientia(m): 3:08pm On Apr 07, 2022
Na wa oo

After 7 years

251 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by Cubalabloo(m): 3:09pm On Apr 07, 2022
Shut up Prof! Apart from that evil dog, who else was Jonathan's major rival? Who else stood a chance to win after Jonathan? You led us to our doom.

318 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by heniford2: 3:18pm On Apr 07, 2022
I told you never trust any Yoruba man the can betray you at a giving time undecided

319 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by Skillsnigeria: 3:27pm On Apr 07, 2022
grin hmmm, OK o
Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by Tokskob2008: 3:30pm On Apr 07, 2022
Baba go sleep abegi...

As at that particular time if you ask people not to vote for Jonathan so who else would they have voted for if not bubu

198 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by AntiBMC(m): 3:41pm On Apr 07, 2022
Imagine that.

Soyinka should rest please. He's giving credence to the allegations that Yorubas are a set of shifty and disloyal people.

279 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by Oceanjagaban: 3:42pm On Apr 07, 2022
Cultist shut up...before you start to catch amnesia

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by FoolaniHellman: 4:12pm On Apr 07, 2022
Hahahah
Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by Ofadaman(m): 4:12pm On Apr 07, 2022
Ogun go kill you Soyinka, na only Ogun go kill u

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by slawormiir: 4:12pm On Apr 07, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright...

All such attributions are fabrications by faceless, often self-appointed agents of deception, and should be publicly pilloried,” Mr Soyinka had said in a statement in January 2015.

Make him shut up with all these grammar

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by Righthussle: 4:12pm On Apr 07, 2022
Thunder fire that your dirty mouth there. Tomorrow you will change it to " I didn't say don't vote Jonathon, I said do not vote".

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by lalastimlala: 4:12pm On Apr 07, 2022
B
Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by Finnese001: 4:12pm On Apr 07, 2022
AfonjaS

Always talking from both side of their mouth, the original 2 face people

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by We4all: 4:13pm On Apr 07, 2022
This man should shut up already. If you asked people not to vote Jonathan, you were invariably asking that they vote Buhari.

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by McOluOmo: 4:13pm On Apr 07, 2022
“do not vote for Jonathan.”
Use ur tongue and count ur teeth

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by Blakpot: 4:13pm On Apr 07, 2022
Baba abeg stay away from politics before ppl lose the respect they have for u as an intellectual.

37 Likes

Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 07, 2022
Mistake has no father.

12 Likes

Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by Igbodicool(m): 4:13pm On Apr 07, 2022
Typical Yoruba man.
DOUBLE tongue fellows.
No wonder Satan pushed away their progenitor from their coven.
Trust them at your own peril.

89 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by atobs4real(m): 4:14pm On Apr 07, 2022
Story for the gods

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by lagonovo: 4:14pm On Apr 07, 2022
You owe nobody any explanation. Jonathan wasn't stellar as president, Buhari isn't stellar as president. They are Nigerians, a country filled with GEJs and Buharis in every corner you turn to and every interaction you make at home, marketplace, worship place, workplace etc.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by hurryup123(m): 4:14pm On Apr 07, 2022
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by Racoon(m): 4:14pm On Apr 07, 2022
Lies, Hypocrisy and act of timidity by Prof. Tiger with Jonathan matter but a fearful cat with Buhari’s cluelessness.

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soyinka: I Never Said "Vote For Buhari", But Only Said "Do Not Vote Jonathan" by Abfinest007(m): 4:14pm On Apr 07, 2022
It same thing .u said"we should not follow that bad road when there only two road available

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Thugs Attack INEC Collation Center In Edo, Destroy Election Materials / Governor Ikpeazu Dances Like Never Before To Celebrate His Reelection. Reactions / Deji Adeyanju Places Order For Mustang SRT To Celebrate His Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.