Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,198 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

More Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / More Of God (306 Views)

Alleged Tax Default: FIRS’ Action Embarrassing – Assemblies Of God Church / What Makes Christianity The One True Religion Of God? / Why Is Immorality Common Among Some Men Of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

More Of God by Marioplus(m): 7:24am On Nov 13, 2016
THANK YOU GOD FOR BEING GOD
THANK YOU JESUS CHRIST
HOLY SPIRIT GOOD MORNING
We were created to ENJOY a LIVING, VITAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD. There's something supernaturally wonderful about reading the Word of God and hearing Him speak His promises to us. His Word to us has inherent power in it; His words are spirit and they are life " It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh conveys no benefit [it is of no account]. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and life [providing eternal life]" {Jn.6:63}. If we do not SEEK GOD and spend time FEEDING OUR SPIRIT with HIS TRUTH, WE WILL NEVER BE FULFILLED/SATISFIED/CONTENT.
I do not think there is anything worse than being LOW-LEVEL STATE of spiritual dis-satisfaction all the time.
SEEK GOD EARLY AND DILIGENTLY YOU WILL FIND HIM {Prov.8:17}
To Seek GOD means to desire and require, which is to CRAVE, PURSUE AND GO AFTER GOD with all of your MIGHT.
Many people want guidance from GOD, but they do not crave and pursue HIM or lay aside other things in order to go after A WORD FROM HIM. But David put together ALL THE THINGS that he wanted in HIS WHOLE LIFE to this ONE THING--- MORE OF GOD ALL THE DAYS OF HIS LIFE thus "ONE THING have I asked of the Lord, that will I SEEK, INQUIRE FOR and [INSISTENTLY] require: THAT I MAY DWELL IN THE HOUSE OF THE LORD [IN HIS PRESENCE] all the days of my life, to BEHOLD AND GAZE UPON THE BEAUTY [THE SWEET ATTRACTIVENESS AND THE DELIGHTFUL LOVELINESS] of the Lord and to meditate, consider and inquire in HIS TEMPLE" (Ps.27:4).
I believe that the ONLY THING THAT TRULY SATISFIES THE LONGING WITHIN US is to KNOW GOD MORE INTIMATELY TODAY than we did YESTERDAY.
Take time to reflect on a moment with GOD that was more satisfying than any other event in your life. But if that moment was years ago or even yesterday then you are MISSING OUT on the RICH PLEASURE that comes from fellowshipping DAILY with THE FATHER, through HIS HOLY SPIRIT. The LORD says "I love those who love me and those who SEEK ME EARLY AND DILIGENTLY shall find me" {Prov.8:17} and "You will SEEK ME, inquire for and require Me [AS A VITAL NECESSITY] and FIND ME when you search for ME WITH ALL YOUR HEART" (Jer.29:13)
No matter what we own, where we go, or what we do, nothing can give us TRUE GRATIFICATION/SATISFACTION/FULFILLMENT but the PRESENCE OF GOD. Money, trips, vacations, houses and furniture, clothes, OPEN DOORS OF OPPORTUNITY, marriage, children and many other blessings are all things that can certainly excite us and give us a DEGREE of happiness for a period of time. But HAPPINESS is based on what is happening at the moment, while JOY is BASED on AN INTERNAL ASSURANCE/CONFIDENCE/SATISFACTION/FULFILLMENT that exist inside YOUR WHOLE BEING in ISOLATION OF/SEPARATION FROM/INDEPENDENT OF OUTWARD CIRCUMSTANCES.
The GREEK word translated JOY in the New Testament means "calm delight". It is not necessarily hilarity (something that excites you to laugh) although it can include that, but to be CALM and DELIGHTED is WONDERFUL. I do not think there is anything BETTER than just TO BE SATISFIED/FULFILLED/FEELING OF INTERNAL COMPLETENESS & PEACE. To wake up in the morning and THINK, life is good, praise GOD, I am SATISFIED and then go to bed at night STILL SATISFIED, that is truly living an abundant Spirit-filled life.
We will never be PERMANENTLY, CONSISTENTLY SATISFIED if we SEEK THINGS TO DO OR OWN in order to QUENCH that DESIRE/VOID/HUNGER/YEARNING/THIRST/EMPTINESS inside of us instead of seeking the INNER SATISFACTION that comes ONLY from TIME SPENT WITH GOD. I am PRESSING this point because I believe there are too many UNHAPPY baptized Christians, born-again and so-called Spirit-filled believers who are without knowledge of what to do about their DRY, UNFULFILLED LIVES. I say "so-called" because to be FILLED is to REMAIN FULL of the SPIRIT OF GOD by acknowledging HIM and PURSUING HIS WAYS EVERY PASSING SECOND OF OUR LIVES.
God's Word says, "But EVER be filled and stimulated with the [HOLY] Spirit" {Eph.5:18} EVER means ALWAYS, any-time, any-second, daily. Our stomachs never stay filled if we do not keep eating and drinking. One good book, one classroom study, or one good conversation with someone can NEVER satisfy our thought life and one-time encounters with God are never going to keep us contented spiritually.
We spend time and money, we take careful plans and elaborate provisions to feed ourselves each day. Sometimes we even know today where and what we are going to be eating tomorrow! Just as our physical body needs to be fed, MUCH MORE OUR SPIRIT MAN MUST BE FED. Our physical body will DIE SOMEDAY AND BE EATEN BY MAGGOTS however OUR SPIRIT MAN CAN NEVER DIE; IT IS ETERNAL LIKE GOD, HE IS THE ONE that will FACE JUDGMENT, HE WILL SPEND FOREVER WITH GOD IN JOY OR IN THE PIT OF HELL (PRAY THUS "I MUST GO TO HEAVEN IN JESUS NAME. AMEN.). But somehow we seem to think we can have a great relationship with GOD without FEEDING ourselves with HIS WORD and FILLING ourselves with HIS PRESENCE.
JESUS SAID, "Man does not live and be upheld and sustained by BREAD ALONE, but by EVERY WORD that comes from the MOUTH OF GOD" (Mtt.4:4). Going further he said
"For the BREAD OF GOD is HE who comes down out of heaven and gives life to the WORLD" {Jn.6:33}
Yet we starve ourselves of life's most important requirement--- THIS DAILY BREAD FROM GOD---
The response that followed the above statement of Jesus Christ was "...Sir, give us THIS BREAD ALWAYS" (Jn.6:34)
THEN HE RETORTED
"JESUS CHRIST said to them, I am the BREAD OF LIFE, WHOEVER comes to me will NEVER be HUNGRY and WHOEVER believes in me will NEVER be THIRSTY" (Jn.6:35)
Desire, Pray for and Pursue WITH EVERYTHING YOU HAVE OR WILL EVER HAVE IN LIFE for MORE OF GOD'S PRESENCE IN YOUR SPIRIT, SOUL, HEART, MIND, BRAIN, BODY e.t.c EVERY NEW DAY much more than you had YESTERDAY.
GOD OUR FATHER I/WE thank you because you have released unto us ALL THE SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS IN THE HEAVENLY PLACES in CHRIST JESUS (Eph.1:3) hence we stand on the finished works of your dearly BELOVED SON JESUS CHRIST "IT IS FINISHED/MANIFESTED/SATISFIED/ESTABLISHED" (Jn.19:30) we call to manifestation THE VISION OF YOUR PRESENCE INSIDE US EVERY PASSING SECOND OF OUR LIVES as we declare "IT IS DESTROYED" {Jn.19:30} for ANY-SPIRIT, RELATIONSHIP, BUSINESS, LANGUAGE, ALTAR, COVENS, PERSONS, AUTHORITY, CIRCUMSTANCES e.t.c that may or will like to distract our COMMUNION with YOU in JESUS MIGHTY NAME. AMEN.

(1) (Reply)

Unbelief: Commoner Than You Think! / What If Christ And Mohammed Weren't Who They Were? / Key To Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.