Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Is Seeing Movies Or Hanging Out During Fasting acceptable to God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Seeing Movies Or Hanging Out During Fasting acceptable to God. (735 Views)

Meet Juda Author, Ex-Armed Robber Turned Pastor Was Sentenced To Die By Hanging / My Baby Is Seeing Vision. Help / As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Seeing Movies Or Hanging Out During Fasting acceptable to God. by baridamhoney(f): 9:08am On Nov 13, 2016
We all know that during fasting there are some hours that you will be bored and you will want to do something in order to keep your self busy before the time that you will finally break the fast. This usually occur either on weekends or during your work free days. Now, I want to know whether seeing a movie or hanging out with friends during fasting is a sin or whether it will still be acceptable to God

@Seun

Re: Is Seeing Movies Or Hanging Out During Fasting acceptable to God. by dingbang(m): 10:35am On Nov 13, 2016
First of all let's ask ourself why we fast? And what are we fasting from?

Once you"ve answered these questions then u will be able to point out which ones are out of bounds.

1 Like

Re: Is Seeing Movies Or Hanging Out During Fasting acceptable to God. by baridamhoney(f): 11:00am On Nov 13, 2016
dingbang:

Once you"ve answered these questions then u will be able to point out which ones are out of bounds.

It is usually to get close to God
Re: Is Seeing Movies Or Hanging Out During Fasting acceptable to God. by dingbang(m): 11:01am On Nov 13, 2016
baridamhoney:

It is usually to get close to God
lol the only thing that will get one closer to God is obedience to his commandments.

It's as simple as that.
Re: Is Seeing Movies Or Hanging Out During Fasting acceptable to God. by baridamhoney(f): 11:20am On Nov 13, 2016
dingbang:
lol the only thing that will get one closer to God is obedience to his commandments.
It's as simple as that.

What if you need a revelation from God?
Re: Is Seeing Movies Or Hanging Out During Fasting acceptable to God. by andersonbaba(f): 11:22am On Nov 13, 2016
dingbang:

I fast when I feel my soul is far from God. so that he can put my path straight
Re: Is Seeing Movies Or Hanging Out During Fasting acceptable to God. by dingbang(m): 11:24am On Nov 13, 2016
baridamhoney:

What if you need a revelation from God?
If I need a revelation from God I open the bible and read! Jeez..
Re: Is Seeing Movies Or Hanging Out During Fasting acceptable to God. by dingbang(m): 11:24am On Nov 13, 2016
andersonbaba:

I fast when I feel my soul is far from God. so that he can put my path straight
so me Dat don't fast, my path is crooked na. Mchew

1 Like

Re: Is Seeing Movies Or Hanging Out During Fasting acceptable to God. by baridamhoney(f): 12:37pm On Nov 13, 2016
dingbang:
If I need a revelation from God I open the bible and read! Jeez..

Without prayer or fasting
Re: Is Seeing Movies Or Hanging Out During Fasting acceptable to God. by baridamhoney(f): 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2016
dingbang:
so me Dat don't fast, my path is crooked na. Mchew
cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Seeing Movies Or Hanging Out During Fasting acceptable to God. by dingbang(m): 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2016
baridamhoney:

Without prayer or fasting
yep.. signs are out there to tell me God is speaking to me

1 Like

Re: Is Seeing Movies Or Hanging Out During Fasting acceptable to God. by baridamhoney(f): 4:59pm On Nov 13, 2016
dingbang:
yep.. signs are out there to tell me God is speaking to me

Ooooshey...the chosen one cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Seeing Movies Or Hanging Out During Fasting acceptable to God. by Elthugnificent(m): 5:11pm On Nov 13, 2016
You are suppose to head to the wilderness, it is that simple.

(1) (Reply)

Abrahamism: The Flat Earth Society / Renowned Cleric, Primate Ayodele Releases Shocking Prophecies For 2017 / What An Encounter With God!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.