Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,331 members, 7,850,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:01 PM

MTN Erratic Deductions- What Is The Way Forward? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Erratic Deductions- What Is The Way Forward? (486 Views)

Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions / Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions / Col. Umar To Sue MTN Over Fraudulent Deductions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Erratic Deductions- What Is The Way Forward? by Feranchek(m): 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2016
Some months ago, MTN NG were made to pay a huge sum of money by the @NgComCommission, due to errors with their sim registration.
It now looks like MTN NG are poised to get back that money through their subscribers by deducting little money (mostly N50) from their airtime balance, claiming they subscribed to one bogus service or the other.
I'm sure that I'm not the only person that have experienced this unlawful deductions on countless occassions.

The annoying part of it all is that these money will never be refunded.

It may interest you to know that even their customer care representatives don't even know what these services they dedcut money for means. I called one this afternoon to complain on my mom's behalf, cos she said they have made such deductions about 4 times in the last 2 months.
I asked the lady that spoke with me if she could kindly explain what DKMSALES means (cos that was what they said my mom subscribed for) and the lady was hesitating, asking me to wait. I then put it to her that, if she as a staff of MTN NG don't even know what that service is, how could my old woman have known and even subscribe to it? All she could say was '' we're sorry Mr Ferdinand...''

I think its high time the @NgComCommission look into this and take measures to curb this coperate-broad-day-robbery by MTN NG and other network providers.

Feel free to share your own experience.
Re: MTN Erratic Deductions- What Is The Way Forward? by Mileslamar1(m): 1:34pm On Nov 13, 2016
Give up on them
Re: MTN Erratic Deductions- What Is The Way Forward? by donejossy87(f): 1:38pm On Nov 13, 2016
D solution for you is to port to other network
Re: MTN Erratic Deductions- What Is The Way Forward? by Feranchek(m): 1:41pm On Nov 13, 2016
Mileslamar1:
Give up on them

donejossy87:
D solution for you is to port to other network

Those other networks sef dey do am na.... (although MTN own worst sha....)

Thanks
Re: MTN Erratic Deductions- What Is The Way Forward? by iliyande(m): 2:00pm On Nov 13, 2016
Airtel is ehnnn undecided worst

Go to mtn twitter, they will respond sharp sharp

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy S8-rumors With All Screen Design, No Physical Home Button / #mtn180tips / #mtntechbytes - Tech Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.