Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,769 members, 7,831,473 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 (32502 Views)

Nigerian Lady Caught With N24M Cocaine In Condom In Her Vagina In Hong Kong. Pix / Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos / Chinese Customs Seize Three Tonnes Of Pangolin Scales Imported From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by yinkslinks(m): 8:52pm On Nov 13, 2016
Okay thank God they wont kill them. So its a crime to take macroni to hong kong too?
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 13, 2016
Please dont be a hypocrite, we all know why we are here grin
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by olatade(m): 8:52pm On Nov 13, 2016
No names ni I need their names before I comment angry

1 Like

Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by mulattoclaroo(m): 8:52pm On Nov 13, 2016
I just don't get it. Why are some people hell-bent on giving other Nigerians a bad name with their criminal activities? I've lived virtually all of my life outside the shores of Nigeria and never at any point in time I was found wanting in any way. Whatever it is that's the punishment for such crimes in Hong Kong should be duly meted out on them if they're guilty. It's high time we stop supporting and defending three criminal elements who give us a bad name all in the name of hustling.
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by baski92(m): 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2016
Oga how far
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by seedorfg(m): 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2016
flatinoz
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by koolcat: 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2016
To y'all name checkers......SORRY.!!!!!!!
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Pilate2016(m): 8:54pm On Nov 13, 2016
mclorenzo:
$5million, if found guilty you guys are on your own o
Hahahaha. Na space shuttle them dey take the ivory do?
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Haphard(m): 8:55pm On Nov 13, 2016
ddolaa:
is dat like dope or sometin, y are they been arrested
They were caught with drugs now
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Icemany: 8:55pm On Nov 13, 2016
Moreoffaith:
Finishing.....abeg who play mortal combat here??

Its "Finish Him"
Thank me in 3D cool
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Btruth: 8:56pm On Nov 13, 2016
Pangolin?

Well!, well!!, well!!!, I'm putting all the puzzle together now. So, this is what these people have been doing, right?
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by billyG(m): 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2016
stephanie11:
Hong Kong Customs seized about 44 kilograms of suspected worked ivory and 90 grams of suspected pangolin scales with an estimated market value of about $440,000 at Hong Kong International Airport on Friday(November 10).

Customs officers intercepted four male passengers, aged from 29 to 46 at the airport this evening. The four men arrived at Hong Kong from Lagos, Nigeria via Istanbul, Turkey. During Customs clearance, about 44kg of suspected worked ivory and 90g of suspected pangolin scales were found inside their check-in baggage.The cases were handed over to the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department for follow-up investigation.

Under the Protection of Endangered Species of Animals and Plants Ordinance, any person found guilty of importing an endangered species without a licence is liable to a maximum fine of $5 million and imprisonment for two years.

http://politicsngr.com/photos-4-nigerians-arrested-with-pangolin-scales-and-ivory-worth-440000/

$5milln fine for what?i will gladly spend 18mnths in jail.
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 13, 2016
Don't understand ooo
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Yeligray(m): 8:59pm On Nov 13, 2016
Just niqqaz trying to mk a livinq. Either way if it were Nigeria d would hv been dead d only tin d police will come to arrest is their corpse.
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Moreoffaith(m): 9:02pm On Nov 13, 2016
Icemany:

Its "Finish Him"
Thank me in 3D cool

Na ontop black and white TV I dey play am then so ma no dey hear wet in dem dey talk clearly then grin grin grin
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Abagworo(m): 9:03pm On Nov 13, 2016
Those are traditional Igbo stuffs. Iga, Oduenyi and Mbo.

1 Like

Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 13, 2016
grayht:
Looks edible..!!!
Yes it's best taken with gaari
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 13, 2016
systemz:
And what the heck is pangolin scales?

Common thing u dont know.
A scale that is made with pangolin, pangooooolin is a sort of eeem eeem ..pls Google
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 13, 2016
ddolaa:
is dat like dope or sometin, y are they been arrested

Yes a dope, you use them by wearing them like bangles immediately you put it on the wrist you ld start getting high. Very costly dope
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Baroba(m): 9:18pm On Nov 13, 2016
systemz:

Keratin scale from Pangolins are used in Chinese medicine, the reason why their population is been decimated.. In Nigeria, some people kill them for there meat.. The are considered and endangered species by WWF and are meant to be protected..

1 Like

Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by sirfee(m): 9:19pm On Nov 13, 2016
grin grin grin We no go gree oooh!we no go gree NCAN Cotonou branch we no go gree
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by buffalowings: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2016
Kylekent59:
No b today e start

Chai

Jamaicans Don dey smoke osogbo weed grin
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 13, 2016
baski92:
Why some idiot Nigerians dey always make may other country to dey label us as criminals

because in their blood stream is a virus called ojukokoro. Anything that brings money whether the end thereof is death if caught or not. Dem must give it a try becos every December they are expecting them in the village to come and dazzle with money.
" Our son has arrived from Lagos"
grin

1 Like

Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by baski92(m): 9:30pm On Nov 13, 2016
davtosh:

because in their blood stream is a virus called ojukokoro. Anything that brings money whether the end thereof is death if caught or not. Dem must give it a try becos every December they are expecting them in the village to come and dazzle with money.
" Our son has arrived from Lagos"
grin
that is really bad bro, den dey paint us black to the whole world
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by slimtosin(m): 9:40pm On Nov 13, 2016
That's why trump said we are corrupt....
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by elopee3000(m): 9:46pm On Nov 13, 2016
mulattoclaroo:
I just don't get it. Why are some people hell-bent on giving other Nigerians a bad name with their criminal activities? I've lived virtually all of my life outside the shores of Nigeria and never at any point in time I was found wanting in any way. Whatever it is that's the punishment for such crimes in Hong Kong should be duly meted out on them if they're guilty. It's high time we stop supporting and defending three criminal elements who give us a bad name all in the name of hustling.
ur funny shaa if nigeria will do what Chinese and indians with stupid Pakistanis plus Lebanese re doing in nigeria u wont even have mouth to talk, you were in nigeria when iranians were caught with 40 feet containers of bombs with mortars and RPGs ,were u not in nigeria when Lebanese supermarket in kano state was found with bombs inside it? Do u know what indians re doing in nigeria?they catch nigerian with one kilo of drug u people will be shouting tell me what good image nigeria got before?
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 13, 2016
systemz:
Pangolin

Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by sirfee(m): 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2016
grin we no go gree NCAN Cotonou branch we no go gree,give us the names or ............
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 13, 2016
stephanie11:
Hong Kong Customs seized about 44 kilograms of suspected worked ivory and 90 grams of suspected pangolin scales with an estimated market value of about $440,000 at Hong Kong International Airport on Friday(November 10).

Customs officers intercepted four male passengers, aged from 29 to 46 at the airport this evening. The four men arrived at Hong Kong from Lagos, Nigeria via Istanbul, Turkey. During Customs clearance, about 44kg of suspected worked ivory and 90g of suspected pangolin scales were found inside their check-in baggage.The cases were handed over to the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department for follow-up investigation.

Under the Protection of Endangered Species of Animals and Plants Ordinance, any person found guilty of importing an endangered species without a licence is liable to a maximum fine of $5 million and imprisonment for two years.

http://politicsngr.com/photos-4-nigerians-arrested-with-pangolin-scales-and-ivory-worth-440000/

No more G waggon for Xmas...kikikikiki grin grin grin grin. But why didn't they mention their names?
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by iamharkinwaley: 10:38pm On Nov 13, 2016
$440k.....!!! like seriously? Nah to go zoo smuggle elephant out be that....
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by docmoses(m): 10:39pm On Nov 13, 2016
I know say na dem flat head
Re: 4 Nigerians Arrested In Hong Kong With Pangolin Scales And Ivory Worth $440,000 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 13, 2016
mclorenzo:
$5million, if found guilty you guys are on your own o

You mean $444,000 is $5 million naira ??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pipelines Bombings: Soldiers Invade Gbaramatu In Search Of Militants / Man Caught After Disguising As A Lady In Order To Deceive Male Clients. Photos / Fraudsters Arrested With Fake Currencies In Bauchi (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.