Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos (41296 Views)

Thief's Face Transforms Into Chinese Man's After Beating (photo) / Nigerian Customs Seize Pangolin Scales, Claws Worth Over ₦1.7 Billion / Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by Johnnyessence(m): 4:14am On Mar 09, 2018
A Chinese man identified as Mr. Li Chaomin, has been arrested by the Nigerian Customs Service, in connection with pangolin scales with a duty paid value (DPV) of N1.73 billion.
The banned items, which were packed in 329 sacks, were impounded at Opebi, Ikeja in Lagos. However, Chaomin said that he got approval from Chinese government to export the banned goods from Nigeria.
According to him, after several efforts to obtain permission from the Ministry of Environment to export the animal scales failed, he contacted his country. He said he had been trading in Nigeria since 2015 on China candles, power bank and lighters.
He said: “Some business people approached me a few months ago that China market needed pangolin which they used in producing medicines. When I went to China, I found that the Chinese use it to produce medicines to cure various diseases.
I applied for permit in Nigeria but I was not able to get the permit… All the documents are in my email address. I bought the pangolin plates and put them in my warehouse because I thought I was operating with legal documents.’’
According to Chaomin, he usually goes to Cameroon to get the pangolin plates for export. This latest seizure was the second within a month in Lagos. http://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2018/03/chinese-man-arrested-with-n173bn.html

5 Shares

Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by Johnnyessence(m): 4:17am On Mar 09, 2018
Nigeria has become a duping ground where other countries committed their crimes here and go Scot free. so pathetic.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by jumobi1(m): 4:26am On Mar 09, 2018
Treat him as they’ll treat a Nigerian committing a similar offense in China.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by CodeTemplar: 4:28am On Mar 09, 2018
What is pangolin and its uses?

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by zakim(m): 4:28am On Mar 09, 2018
undecided
Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by Lomprico2: 4:42am On Mar 09, 2018
Chai! I wonder how many of the poor endangered animals have been killed for that number of bags??

7 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by Lomprico2: 4:43am On Mar 09, 2018
CodeTemplar:

G is for google.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by CodeTemplar: 7:59am On Mar 09, 2018
Lomprico2:

G is for google.
Not funny!

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by Johnnyessence(m): 11:26am On Mar 09, 2018
Lomprico2:
Chai! I wonder how many of the poor endangered animals have been killed for that number of bags??
hmmmmm it's only God that will help us in this nation. we don't even know when he has been importing it to Nigeria. still some set of people will patronise him. God help us in this naija.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by Johnnyessence(m): 11:26am On Mar 09, 2018
cc lalasticlala cc fynestboi cc mynd44 cc Dominique cc ishilove
Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by Johnnyessence(m): 11:31am On Mar 09, 2018
jumobi1:
Treat him as they’ll treat a Nigerian committing a similar offense in China.
yes the custom service should treat him as Nigerian criminal. he violate the law of the land. he should be disciplined.

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 09, 2018
What is pangolo

7 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by boman2014: 1:46pm On Mar 09, 2018
Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by castrol180(m): 1:46pm On Mar 09, 2018
Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by etugba(m): 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2018
CodeTemplar:
am sure you have a web browser to optimise that question

3 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by petkoffdrake2(m): 1:48pm On Mar 09, 2018
Pangolin abi pangolo?? grin

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by Hovab: 1:50pm On Mar 09, 2018
Chinko problems.
Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by bigblackbooty(f): 1:50pm On Mar 09, 2018
They ain't gat respect 4 blacks... Death by hanging should be his punishment
Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by freezyprinzy(m): 1:51pm On Mar 09, 2018
So this thing is this expensive shocked...
And it is wasting somewhere here in ijebu smh.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by ALAYORMII: 1:51pm On Mar 09, 2018
Chinko ti daran ooo
Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 09, 2018
And why is his face not shown to us?
In other countries, when you're arrested for a crime, you stand against a standiometer and hold a board with ur crimes boldly written.
But nay, in naija we try to be clever by half with foreigners.
#shithole

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by kelexray(m): 1:52pm On Mar 09, 2018
Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by Adesolomon2014(m): 1:53pm On Mar 09, 2018
Johnnyessence:
hmmmmm it's only God that will help us in this nation. we don't even know when he has been importing it to Nigeria. still some set of people will patronise him. God help us in this naija.

U will not kill me, I hope u read d news wella sha.
He wanted 2 EXPORT not import.

14 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by solochris(m): 1:54pm On Mar 09, 2018
Are they afraid to snap him from the front? u people should not vex me o. Treat him as one of those criminals joor

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by chuksvoice: 1:56pm On Mar 09, 2018
Johnnyessence:

Read the article well before making your misinformed comments.

3 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by Egein(m): 1:57pm On Mar 09, 2018
The stupid Nigeria Customs didn't show the useless Chinese man's face. If na Naija man now, dem go sit am for ground snap am well.

4 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by Egein(m): 1:58pm On Mar 09, 2018
Johnnyessence:
You're not exactly educated. Where in the article did it state the items were imported?

5 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by Monaco2(m): 2:00pm On Mar 09, 2018
This animal dey smell ehn.... It has a very offensive odour
Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 09, 2018
pangolin is an animal..
the plates they are talking about are its scales.
just checked..this is what they use it for in china

"The animal itself is eaten, but a greater danger arises from the belief that the scales have medicinal value. Fresh scales are never used, but dried scales are roasted, ashed, cooked in oil, butter, vinegar, boy's urine, or roasted with earth or oyster-shells, to cure a variety of ills. Amongst these are excessive nervousness and hysterical crying in children, women possessed by devils and ogres, malarial fever and deafness"

13 Likes

Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by WowSweetGuy(m): 2:02pm On Mar 09, 2018
grin the chigga b like...chai see my investment o
Re: Chinese Man Arrested With N1.73bn Pangolin In Lagos by dvkot(m): 2:04pm On Mar 09, 2018
fuckerstard:
What is pangolo
wellep

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Femi Ayoade: Supreme Court Affirms 21-Year Sentence For Man Who Stole N2,000 / Lifeless Body Of A Baby In Polythene Bag Found In Umuahia Street (Disturbing Pix / Bus Conductor Strips Unclad To Avoid His Vehicle From Being Seized In Lagos(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.