Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,787 members, 7,956,005 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:07 PM

Ondo State And King Solomon’s Wisdom, By Akin Osuntokun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo State And King Solomon’s Wisdom, By Akin Osuntokun (490 Views)

Biafra: Wonderful Quotes And Words Of Wisdom By Nnamdi Kanu On 4/9/17 / "Video Of SARS Akin Fakorede Hijacking Election Results Has Vindicated Me" -Wike / My Lord, Please Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe-professor Niyi Osuntokun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ondo State And King Solomon’s Wisdom, By Akin Osuntokun by Femiolu2000: 2:10pm On Nov 13, 2016
I am going to begin by reproducing excerpts from the scriptures; and factual reportage of the politico-judiciary controversy over the candidacy of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the forthcoming governorship election on November 26th 2016 in Ondo State. First, the archetype judicial arbitration virtue of King Solomon:

The story is recounted in 1 Kings 3:16-28. ‘Two young women who lived in the same house and who both had an infant son came to Solomon for a judgment. One of the women claimed that the other, after accidentally smothering her own son while sleeping, had exchanged the two children to make it appear that the living child was hers. The other woman denied this and so both women claimed to be the mother of the living son and said that the dead boy belonged to the other. After some deliberation, King Solomon called for a sword to be brought before him. He declared that there was only one fair solution: the live son must be split in two, each woman receiving half of the child. Upon hearing this terrible verdict, the boy’s true mother cried out, “Oh Lord, give the baby to her, just don’t kill him!” The liar, in her bitter jealousy, exclaimed, “It shall be neither mine nor yours—divide it!”

Second is the twist and turns (of the post October 14th INEC intervention) attendant on the disputed candidacy of the PDP in the November 26th governorship election encapsulated in the following excerpts: “Ms. Sankey (chair of the three member appeal court panel) had earlier on Tuesday recused herself from presiding over applications brought by Eyitayo Jegede, the candidate of the Ahmed Makarfi’s PDP faction. Her decision, which was also taken by the other two members of the panel, was on the ground that a petition had been written against them by Biyi Poroye, the state chairman of the party, from the faction led by former Borno State governor, Modu Sheriff. The petition dated October 31, read in court, said that the Ondo State Governor Olusegun Mimiko had allegedly boasted of bribing the presiding judge with a sum of N350 million.”

READ ON: http://skytrendnews.com/2016/11/12/ondo-state-king-solomons-wisdom-akin-osuntokun/

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun : We Shall Release Video Of Rivers Police Commissioner Plotting To / Concentrate On Developing Taraba, Lawyers Tell Ishaku / Restructuring Nigeria Is In The Interest Of All – Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.